Hebrew National - All BEEF Franks - Pricesmart

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Eden Organic Sauerkraut is about the best that I have found after a lot of searching. It is in a large jar, I am not positive to where I got it. It was either Pola or Nacional though. It will last you a long time as it is large.

(Organic Schmorganic....)

Too bad you can't get Sliver Floss here.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
OK now I'm hungry for a hot dog with kraut loads of onions and either Chinese hot mustard or some hot horseradish. Where to go to buy good horseradish ?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Got to be hot and fibrous - not some mayo imitation. Something like "Atomic Horseradish" that they sell from Amazon, or Hee-Haw horseradish you can order out of Canada - both of those will smoke your sinuses and clear any stuffy head immediately. But great flavor !

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Got to be hot and fibrous - not some mayo imitation. Something like "Atomic Horseradish" that they sell from Amazon, or Hee-Haw horseradish you can order out of Canada - both of those will smoke your sinuses and clear any stuffy head immediately. But great flavor !

Check with Waytogo for an opinion on the horseradish from La Sirena and the Atomic Horseradish.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Now there is only one pickle that goes with a good dog:

99b1ed2d-8c6f-444d-92f8-b630b8cd1ece_1.a0fbcc56bfdc54c8486ca3a65ce544a8.jpeg

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Do any of you hot dog fanatics realize what goes into the making of a dog? Or is it that you know, but just don't give a hoot? Kinda like with me and chitterlings.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Do any of you hot dog fanatics realize what goes into the making of a dog? Or is it that you know, but just don't give a hoot? Kinda like with me and chitterlings.

Depends on the brand.:laugh:

[video=youtube_share;Qf2j-YzZRAA]https://youtu.be/Qf2j-YzZRAA[/video]

Buying 21 one hot dogs that expire in a month is too much of a commitment even at such a great price. I eat a hot dog about once every three months.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Depends on the brand.:laugh:

[video=youtube_share;Qf2j-YzZRAA]https://youtu.be/Qf2j-YzZRAA[/video]

Buying 21 one hot dogs that expire in a month is too much of a commitment even at such a great price. I eat a hot dog about once every three months.

I just looked at the date on a pack I bought in Miami quite awhile ago. It said sell by August. Well I keep all of the packs in the freezer and take them out only when I am going to cook them. I never had a bad one yet.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Big controversy about those 'sell by ' dates....
no system of certification.... some are arbitrary, some are plain false.

One thing for sure
Sell or Freeze By.... is a better phrase

Frozen works!!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I'm partial to Rosoff:

medium.png

They aren't necessarily the best but Steve Rosoff was a friend of mine. He was one of the most extraordinary humans I ever met.

I am sure Steve was a great guy, RIP in cucumber heaven.
What is the consensus here on a knish, round or square?
A good dog and a nice knish, can be a meal in itself, split with Guldens spicy-brown in the middle.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I am sure Steve was a great guy, RIP in cucumber heaven.
What is the consensus here on a knish, round or square?
A good dog and a nice knish, can be a meal in itself, split with Guldens spicy-brown in the middle.

In an effort to keep this DR related, are knish even sold in DR?  

On Sundays growing up, like all Italian families we ate our main meal around 1 pm.  Sunday nights were the aforementioned hot dogs, along with potato knish. Always square.  Guess I shouldn’t have been surprised when my DNA test said I was 8% European Jewish.  :laugh:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
In an effort to keep this DR related, are knish even sold in DR?  

On Sundays growing up, like all Italian families we ate our main meal around 1 pm.  Sunday nights were the aforementioned hot dogs, along with potato knish. Always square.  Guess I shouldn’t have been surprised when my DNA test said I was 8% European Jewish.  :laugh:

Since you are from Brooklyn as I am did you ever go to Mrs. Stahl's Knishes on the end of Ocean Ave just before heading to Coney Island? The best you could buy anywhere.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Since you are from Brooklyn as I am did you ever go to Mrs. Stahl's Knishes on the end of Ocean Ave just before heading to Coney Island? The best you could buy anywhere.

At the risk of being smacked by the Central moderator for answering, I don’t know where dad bought them, I only know he was very picky.