Hebrew National - All BEEF Franks - Pricesmart

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
At the risk of being smacked by the Central moderator for answering, I don’t know where dad bought them, I only know he was very picky.  

fnckfl.jpg

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Kirkland has its own stores in NJ.

Hebrew National are my favorite (sorry CB, never Oscar Mayer in our house), Sabretts and Nathan’s are good too.  We bring our own to DR, along with Sam’s Club Angus Burgers, and Italian cheeses.  

Growing up in Brooklyn and Queens, dad drove us to Coney Island just to get Nathan’s, back when they were not available in any stores. Once he found Hebrew National the quest was over. Never boiled, always grilled.  Any decent sauerkraut in DR?

Boars Head are the best hot dogs sold commercially. Hebrew National are a good find for DR though.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Never even saw a knish in person, let alone in the DR. Never saw Boars Head hot dogs anywhere.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
You'd think with Sosua's strong Jewish heritage that the Hebrew brand would dominate.....
as long as they had a 'no pork' version

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014
There is NO hot dog in the world better than Hebrew National. I bring in about 8 large packs at a time when I come from the US.

I

Eat these and you will never look at Oscar Meyer again.

have to agree with Sky, even the famous New York Nathan's hotdogs are not as tasty. pricey, but delish.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I am beginning to think you are from like Utica or Dunkirk.

I am from 62 miles east of Utica, 297 miles east of Dunkirk and 176 miles north of Manhattan.

I have had a Nathan's hot dog, but never had a Hebrew National one.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I am from 62 miles east of Utica, 297 miles east of Dunkirk and 176 miles north of Manhattan.

I have had a Nathan's hot dog, but never had a Hebrew National one.
My wife fixed some her way, heating them up in a frying pan.

I then fixed her some my way, wrapped in a paper towel, cooked in the microwave.
Mine were juicy and very delicious, she was an instant fan...

I checked back at Pricesmart the other day, they have loads of them left.

Unfortunately, they are all "Sell by 12/22/2017".

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
My wife fixed some her way, heating them up in a frying pan.

I then fixed her some my way, wrapped in a paper towel, cooked in the microwave.
Mine were juicy and very delicious, she was an instant fan...

I checked back at Pricesmart the other day, they have loads of them left.

Unfortunately, they are all "Sell by 12/22/2017".

I personally don’t like them microwaved, I like them a little “crispy”.   As for the sell date, they freeze well.  

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
I personally don’t like them microwaved, I like them a little “crispy”.   As for the sell date, they freeze well.  

I had a hot dog on a stick in San Cristobal with Dominican ketchup and mayo. Still haven't gotten off the bowl

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I had a hot dog on a stick in San Cristobal with Dominican ketchup and mayo. Still haven't gotten off the bowl

If this declaration was submitted with sincerity, the reaction was highly likely to be caused by the mayonnaise having turned. Next time skip the mayonnaise, and opt for ketchup and a few drops of picante (hot sauce).

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Santiago Pricesmart

Latest news on Pricesmart´s Hebrew National 3 pack, 100% beef franks.

Expiration date on the current selection is 5th January 2018

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Santiago Pricesmart

Latest news on Pricesmart´s Hebrew National 3 pack, 100% beef franks.

Expiration date on the current selection is 5th January 2018

After reading this I went to my freezer to check the date on the package I am currently eating. August 2. 2017. They are as good as any I have ever had. They freeze well. I buy a lot every time I go to the US and freeze them. Never a problem.