HIV/AIDS Study In Sosua

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
I can speak about the culture on behalf of the culture. Of course everyone does not fit the stereotype as with any culture. But being someone who was raised in puerto rican and dominican neighborhoods 24/7, I know how it is. It is a reputation that the guys have and many try to live up to. that is how they are in a lot of cases. No condom, many women=more cultural respect

condom=wussy and no respect in a lot of cases

Nobody ever told you this. You just like having sex without a condom, and now you need a reason to justify it.

nakom

Jan 26, 2011
Second, according to these stats and your reasoning the HIV epidemic in Africa should be down to gays and drug users. But the HIV is prevalent in large heterosexual population, male and female who contract it through normal vaginal sex !? And now it's being mainly transmitted through this method too.

These stats are for the USA not Africa or the world in general. Maybe it is a myth, but there was a lot of talk about transmission via mosquitos and eating monkey meat in Africa at one time.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Bearing in mind the well understood transmission process I suspect the anecdotal evidence for where people contracted HIV might be a little unreliable.

For example, a nick from a needle?
Sounds like somebody was more likely doing something naughty.....

From a BJ?
Hmmmm, sounds about as likely as a virgin birth....

I mean what kind of upstanding citizen, father, husband and respected member of the community will come out and say, ''Oops, that smack felt good but borrowing that guy's needle then having him do me up the bottle may have been a little risky...''

Just sayin'....
At one time back in the Day (late 80's-mid 90's) we had around 1200 AIDS patients undergoing home IV therapy. It was a death sentence back then.

We had a few "heterosexuals", men and women, with full-blown AIDS. And I can attest that deathbed confessions to clear one's soul before the end tell a different story than the AIDS activists told...

positiveVibrations

Feb 16, 2012
Bearing in mind the well understood transmission process I suspect the anecdotal evidence for where people contracted HIV might be a little unreliable.

For example, a nick from a needle?
Sounds like somebody was more likely doing something naughty.....

From a BJ?
Hmmmm, sounds about as likely as a virgin birth....

I mean what kind of upstanding citizen, father, husband and respected member of the community will come out and say, ''Oops, that smack felt good but borrowing that guy's needle then having him do me up the bottle may have been a little risky...''

Just sayin'....

Oral Sex and HIV Risk | Factsheets | CDC HIV/AIDS
Use your computer to educate yourselves! I am amazed at how many people are on forums discussing (and sometimes truly misleading people) instead of backing up their discussions with facts which are readily available online. Scientists publish their findings the world over in their given language as well as in English. These are studies, which until refuted, stand as truth to the best of the world's knowledge. Come on people, educate up!
Please note: This is in no way meant as an attack on anyone. I just believe we have wonderful resources which we choose to ignore.

Randall Bell

Feb 17, 2012
Thanks for posting that information.

Now let's just say it's poppycock, and not to be trusted... there's far more reasons to use condoms than just HIV/AIDS.

What about HPV? (leads to warts, cervical cancer, throat cancer, penile cancer)
What about Herpes? (what happens in Vegas stays in vegas, except Herpes, it stays for ever!)
And a whole host of other bacterial infections?

I can't believe I'm turning into a public health nurse! lol

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
I did read somewhere (a while back) that a big issue in Africa at least seemed to be a common practice known as "dry sex" whereas women would put things (antiseptics, powder, salt, leaves, sand, etc...) inside their vaginas in order to dry them out and thus (supposedly) enhancing the sexual experience for the man. Of course this also tend to cause many small abrasions inside the vagina increasing the risk of contracting a disease.

Apparently is a cultural thing where guys from this part of the world find a woman's lubrication to be unclean among other things.

I won't knock it until I try it out I guess, but for the life of me I can't think a really dry vagina could be more pleasurable than a nicely lubricated one.

After reading this it is time to put this thread on ignore. I believe reading this thread has made me more stupid than i already am.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
After reading this it is time to put this thread on ignore. I believe reading this thread has made me more stupid than i already am.

You never tried a little Old Bay and fresh garlic in the cootch, almost tastes like Maryland Blue Claws when properly seasoned.

On that note, it may be time for a nice 20 oz Guinness!