How awesome are aventura?

Dama Descarada

Sep 20, 2004
My 2 Cents...

Golo100 said:
Aventura's music is cool. But understand, this is not true bachata. They play a fusion of alternative rock mixed with true bachata. Just listen to Julian Cope's guitars, or bands like the Church, the Chamaleons, The Killers and Franz Ferdinand and tell me if Aventura doesn't copy that guitar style?
Aventura's lead singer has no voice at all, but it is extremely commercial. Nice band altogether.
TW

I disagree that Aventura's music is not 'true' bachata. Each song tells a story, and their lyrics are all original - which cannot be said about many other bachateros. The majority of those lyrics are taken from canciones de Vallenatos en Colombia and then set to a bachata rhythm. True, the God's Project album may be mixed with other genres of music, but their classic tunes such as Mi Hermanita, Amor de Madre y Todavia me Amas exemplify what I consider to be True Bachata.

And like every other Torontonian on this board, I can't wait until tomorrow night!

DD

Baby Girl

Sep 23, 2005
Yes the concert tomorrow night will be awesome ....
I am also very excited!

Im curious as to how many dr1 members are going to the concert ....
I know of a few already

Their music is good but they arent that good looking! And like others have said it is because they are famous. Which is why alot of people are considered "hot!"

*Baby Girl

drmissy

Aug 31, 2005
I'm going to be there too.. Soo excited as well!..lets meet up...maybe..lol..it will crowded.

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
i wish Henry was the lead singer and Anthony was backup. his voice is much better.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
liam1 said:
i wish Henry was the lead singer and Anthony was backup. his voice is much better.

Finally someone who understands me ...

Yo Dama... Ready for the wedding ?

Baby Girl

Sep 23, 2005
drmissy said:
I'm going to be there too.. Soo excited as well!..lets meet up...maybe..lol..it will crowded.

That would be funny
a dr1 meeting at the aventura concert!! lol ;) :bunny:

*Baby Girl

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
Inquiring Minds Want To Know

Baby Girl said:
That would be funny
a dr1 meeting at the aventura concert!! lol ;) :bunny:

*Baby Girl

Hey all you young hotties. Be sure to take notes for us old flabby fogeys who wan to hear all the latest gossip - who pulled whose hair, who takes off her top, who kisses the boyz, etc.

Thanks, from one Boring Old Lady with menthol cigarettes, bad breath and a 40G support bra at my navel. Just kidding about the cigs! JAJAJA!

Lasia

Jan 15, 2006
Concert Postponed!!!

Tonights Aventura Concert tonight at the Docks has been postponed!!!!

AVENTURA CONCERT POSTPONED

The Aventura Concert scheduled for Saturday February 18th @ The Docks has been postponed due to reasons beyond our control.

The show will be re-scheduled in the next few days and all TicketBreak Customers will be informed of the new date

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
I suspect............

Lasia said:
Tonights Aventura Concert tonight at the Docks has been postponed!!!!

AVENTURA CONCERT POSTPONED

The Aventura Concert scheduled for Saturday February 18th @ The Docks has been postponed due to reasons beyond our control.

The show will be re-scheduled in the next few days and all TicketBreak Customers will be informed of the new date

I think La Barbie, Wendy and Princess are all getting married to the band boyz, and that is the reason for the delay.

Seriously, sorry to hear this news.

Hang in there Aventura Fanz!

Baby Girl

Sep 23, 2005
**princess said:
Yea, but would they take you? Haha I guess NOT!

ohhh princess your getting fistey
thats what i like to hear!! :cheeky:

I cant believe it was posponed! what the hell .... stuck in a snow storm coming from montreal!
But la barbie i guess you would have known that right? The guys would have called you to warn you! :cheeky: :classic:

*Baby Girl

wendy_s

Oct 26, 2005
samanasuenos said:
I think La Barbie, Wendy and Princess are all getting married to the band boyz, and that is the reason for the delay.

Seriously, sorry to hear this news.

Hang in there Aventura Fanz!

Sam...oh no not I! :classic: I'm not that crazy about the boys that I'd marry any of 'em...so fortunately the delay wasn't my doing otherwise I think I'd have a bunch of crazed Aventura fans hunting me down. LOL!

It was disappointing though that the concert was postponed...it was damn hard to get myself out in the cold for one thing and definitely ruined the buzz I had going with the predrinks Baby Girl and I had. Damn! Well, sh*t happens I guess. I'm still looking forward to seeing them so hopefully they make it to Toronto at some point.

La Barbie - I wouldn't be surprised if you were the reason for the holdup...hopefully they atleast gave you a shout to let you know they weren't gonna show up...it would have been the nice thing for them to do considering how tight you are with them. Hopefully they didn't let you go through all the trouble of putting on your party outfit and getting your a** all the way down to the Docks to only be disappointed...like the rest of us! :cool:

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Baby Girl said:
ohhh princess your getting fistey
thats what i like to hear!! :cheeky:

I cant believe it was posponed! what the hell .... stuck in a snow storm coming from montreal!
But la barbie i guess you would have known that right? The guys would have called you to warn you! :cheeky: :classic:

*Baby Girl

Idiot Montreal was cancelled too :rolleyes:

I never said I was best friends with them morons, if you read my old posts it says I am friends with one of the guys that works for them, and that's how I know them.....

Princess you can shut up with your stupid remark because quite frankly for someone that is in therapy (CLINICALLY DEPRESSED PEOPLE !!! and she'll admit it - just ask, unless she's to embarrassed now ) over a guy who wants nothing to do with her.... your words mean ****

Both of you are like twins...... Resort workers lay your eyes on you two all they see is $$$$ in their eyes.

Maybe if you stop thinking for a few minute about which sankie you want to spread your legs to next, you would smarten the F%%% UP !!!

and as for the cancellations, I haven't been able to talk to my friend in NYC ... but I do believe it has to do something with the US/Canada borders, I could be wrong myself, but I won't know for sure until tommorow or Tuesday.

They played in Guatemala before they were suppose to head to Montreal, these two idiots will tell you that the snow storm happened there.... lol

P.S depressed princess... they already have me, and their own $$$ !

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Wendy A. said:
La Barbie - I wouldn't be surprised if you were the reason for the holdup...hopefully they atleast gave you a shout to let you know they weren't gonna show up...it would have been the nice thing for them to do considering how tight you are with them. Hopefully they didn't let you go through all the trouble of putting on your party outfit and getting your a** all the way down to the Docks to only be disappointed...like the rest of us! :cool:

I got a call at work yesterday that it was cancelled, just didn't know why...
So I never drove all the way to the docks

Baby Girl

Sep 23, 2005
Sorry im an idiot? oh thanks i didnt know!! And i was suppossed to know montreal was cancelled? cuz i care about montreal right?? yeah!
I dont care who you know i try not to read your rude posts that much!

You know what thats ignorant to say something like that bout princess! well shouldnt have expected more from you! Dont make fun of someone who is in therapy! i think you need some actually! Some of your comments are rude and uncalled for.... learn not to be so rude!

Oh were like twins eh? haha your quite funny! even thought i didnt spread my legs for resort workers. You seem to have alot to say for something you have no clue about at all. Get your facts straight before you go talking about me.

Of all people you are the one who needs to smarten up ....

You may be outspoken and thats fine but dont go as low as to make some of the comments you do!

And you should close your legs cuz im sure aventura have been with many girls from many different countries .... you should go to a doctor and get checked out!

*Baby Girl
la_barbie said:

I never said I was best friends with them morons, if you read my old posts it says I am friends with one of the guys that works for them, and that's how I know them.....

Princess you can shut up with your stupid remark because quite frankly for someone that is in therapy (CLINICALLY DEPRESSED PEOPLE !!! and she'll admit it - just ask, unless she's to embarrassed now ) over a guy who wants nothing to do with her.... your words mean ****

Both of you are like twins...... Resort workers lay your eyes on you two all they see is $$$$ in their eyes.

Maybe if you stop thinking for a few minute about which sankie you want to spread your legs to next, you would smarten the F%%% UP !!!

and as for the cancellations, I haven't been able to talk to my friend in NYC ... but I do believe it has to do something with the US/Canada borders, I could be wrong myself, but I won't know for sure until tommorow or Tuesday.

They played in Guatemala before they were suppose to head to Montreal, these two idiots will tell you that the snow storm happened there.... lol

wendy_s

Oct 26, 2005
la_barbie said:

La Barbie...okay, I really do have to say that as outspoken as you are I honestly think your comments to Princess are out of line. Yes, she obviously made mistakes and as a result she has had issues dealing with it but making fun of her for being in therapy isn't something to be taken lightly or made fun of as you are not in her situation nor do you know the seriousness of the situation. Be the b*tch that you are but have some class and cut the cheap shots.

And another thing, for someone who takes pride in never being with a sankie, why would you be so proud to admit that "they already have me"...hun, think about it...they probably have girls in every city they visit...."wham bam thank you ma'am"...and off to the next destination. I wouldn't feel very special being one of those girls. Hey, when they actually make it to Toronto again, maybe they'll give you that booty call you're waiting for. ;)

wendy_s

Oct 26, 2005
Baby Girl - hahaha, stop saying what I'm saying! ;) We're hanging out too much that we're starting to say the same sh*t.

Oh Aventura, only if they knew the drama they're causing!

Baby Girl

Sep 23, 2005
Wendy A. said:
Baby Girl - hahaha, stop saying what I'm saying! ;) We're hanging out too much that we're starting to say the same sh*t.

Oh Aventura, only if they knew the drama they're causing!

what can I say Wendy
great minds think alike!! ;) :bunny:
haha your too funny!

*Baby Girl

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
****, I was wrong, they're triplets !!

Well thank god you morons are here to save the day....

I'll never be rude again....
Boy, did they just give it to me or what ....
Well not as good their sankie gave it to them obviously...

Princess made it everyones business, period.

Sigh............. teenagers get more stupid every year.... and to think they live in my area, lord !