How do I get a tourist visa for my boyfriend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
It's more a matter of respect for the citizens of the country!!!!
Dominicans like it when foreigners in their country speak,or at least make an effort to speak, to them in Spanish.
He was interviewed on local TV the other day, he spoke English!
He could learn a lot more about real living conditions here in the DR from reading the Dominican newspapers and watching the daily news/talk shows than from the "Smoke",..."Los Ricos" are blowing up his A$$!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

That's just it. He's not there to "learn" anything. The USA doesn't send diplomats to other countries to "learn" about those countries. Our emmissaries are sent to dictate the terms of our economic and military relationships with them. They speak OUR language and they dance to the tune that we call.

If they don't like the terms with which we so graciously provide them (think Ortega, Chaves, Morales) then we demonize them and stick them in the isolation tank until they decide to play ball. Meanwhile their People suffer for their arrogance and they get to learn what we really mean when we say that "Freedom is Not Free". One must render unto Caesar....

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Just one more way the US consulate "F*#Ks with the US citizens who pay their unearned salaries!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
AND, while I'm at it, why did they send a guy here as US Ambassador who can't Speak Spanish?????
If his job is to represent the USA, and interact with Dominicans, how can a man who can't speak their language accomplish his duties??????
He is really CUTE though! :lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

all ambassador posts are just political pay-backs for support. corruption flourishes everywhere, it's just more polished in some places.

jaiallen

Jul 9, 2010
He is a pastor..what if he were a summer (unpaid!) intern/relief pastor to my Spanish-speaking church here, and they send him the letter and we plan it that way? Thoughts on whether that would help at all?

It might, however the church is responsible for him if he doesn't return and that could cause legal issues. As an ex Minister, I have seen it happen from African countries and South American countries, but haven't ran into a Pastor from the DR yet, so I can't say. Actually, it may be worth a try.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
"Planning 'it' that way" is exactly why Consular agents too often say no, because of apparent schemes like that. Each individual gov't agent at a super busy place like SDQ sees more than 40 or 50 or more people per day, day in and day out. Even a newbie agent learns real fast to wade through by simply saying, "next"! And you as an ex Minister, (however that works?), just adds to the mayhem and injustice that keeps good honest people from getting a fair shot at a visa. Desperate people take desperate actions, and have no limits to what they will try to get to the promised land. I've seen it first hand.

Elucidaisy

Dec 26, 2013
It might, however the church is responsible for him if he doesn't return and that could cause legal issues. As an ex Minister, I have seen it happen from African countries and South American countries, but haven't ran into a Pastor from the DR yet, so I can't say. Actually, it may be worth a try.

Well, he is an actual pastor and could easily lead a few services, so I don't think that would be abusing the system if we do what we say we will. I think it's worth a try as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.