Iberia Opening in Bavaro

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
I think we can all applaud more choices for places to shop, but doesn't it make sense to just go where it is most convenient??? OK... Maybe if you like one store more than the other for service or selection, make a special trip... but to bounce back and forth for a difference of a few pesos on one item or another sounds like a fool's errand (and a waste of gas... lol).

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Update on progress. Looks close to opening. Bright yellow Iberia signs all over the place.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Just Drove by there a few hours ago

She will be open in two weeks... 5 minutes from my apartment, excellent... by by pola 20 minute drive..
I hope they bag and take your groceries to your car like Pola, I love that service...

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
That seemed quick! I hope they have the selection like there is in Higuey and La Romana.

Feb 7, 2007
If you want, after it opens in Bavaro, I can post some prices on some staple items from Iberia in Higuey, so you can compare them to Iberia in Bavaro.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If you want, after it opens in Bavaro, I can post some prices on some staple items from Iberia in Higuey, so you can compare them to Iberia in Bavaro.

Good idea. I would compare prices in Bavaro when I have time. Also I would like to check Super Pola and Nacional prices on these items also.

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
I got a brochure from La Sirena in Higuey, and my god! they have really good prices!!! Most of stuff is 20-30% at least cheaper than the rip-off Pola ...

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It's the same company! It's worth paying the difference to avoid the additional cost of petrol and the horror of driving to, through and back from Higuey.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Open Super Bowl Sunday Feb.5

The word is they will open this Sunday for business.

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
it is strange that such a big supermarket and the only one in the zone is not telling or advertising everywhere the day they open ... it is a big news in the area, so I dont understand this lack of information
I think will have a walk around there on Sunday just in case ... ;)

agw

Feb 14, 2010
We figured we'd drive by and check it out on Sunday - maybe sooner to see if any signs about hours are up.

agw

Feb 14, 2010
Went there today on our way up the coast and we stopped to talk to the guys working. They said two weeks before it will open. There was nothing on the shelves at all... totally empty and from the look we had inside, I think two weeks of hard work at least are needed to open this store.

We took the 'long' way back and swung by La Sirena in Higuey. Watch out for the detour due to the digging up of Av. Hermanos Trejo. Buses just aren't meant to navigate those side streets LOL!