I'm Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I appreciate the candid advice. I'm betting against all odds that this is the real deal.. too much personal stuff has gone on between us. I understand all the skepticism from others. But there are exceptions to the rule. I'm hoping this is one of them. All she wants me to bring is a bottle of perfume...
Just take a bottle of perfume from your wiffy's cache. Why spend/bet money on the unknown?

• Haha
Reactions: KyleMackey

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Start making a LIST of the Gifts you are brining her, and as this progresses keep tabs of the Stuff you gave her to make sure she STILL HAS them
So like IF in 3 months , she claims that bottle of Perfume was borrowed by a Sobrina, and never returned, or it was mysteriously Stolen .. or BROKEN and thrown out
that is a huge Red Flag .. Look at the small things ( because she wont be on guard with those) , to get a better idea of the bigger picture ..

( I am hoping this Story is actually Real )
Haha, I brought my wife a very expensive bottle of perfume the first time I came to visit. The next time I didn't see it so I asked her where it was. She said it made her sneeze so she gave it to her cousin Alina. Sure enough Alina was wearing it the next time I saw her. Now that we have been married for 23 years I can count on one hand the number of times my wife has worn perfume. Better look for more obvious things like disappearing cellphones.

Reactions: RollingStone

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I guess you're looking for some entertainment.
Well I'm looking for some advice. Please keep it serious

I am planning on visiting HER the end of October for around 14 days
Any advice on what i need to bring or what i need to prepare for this journey.

Try to be serious... If you are I will give you the closing chapter of this novela.
What happened with the wife?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Haha, I brought my wife a very expensive bottle of perfume the first time I came to visit. The next time I didn't see it so I asked her where it was. She said it made her sneeze so she gave it to her cousin Alina. Sure enough Alina was wearing it the next time I saw her. Now that we have been married for 23 years I can count on one hand the number of times my wife has worn perfume. Better look for more obvious things like disappearing cellphones.
The point was to keep tabs on the Gifts .. to see what she does with them and how she answers it when something just disappears .

just because you wife gave away the perfume , does not make her a bad person ., obviously .
but if she had told you " oh i dont know , i think it was stolen, or broken, i cant remember " real CASUAL , after you spent $100 on it ( example) then I highly doubt you would be married to her today, because she would be a very different type of person.

Any woman who treats your gifts with disrespect, and places no value on the $ you spent ... that is NOT a keeper .

Reactions: Big

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
Wait, Who was the Member who said he was just about to Visit her place of work and he would report back and tell us if she is the real deal, or just playing him..
Can that Member please stand up and fill us is and what you learned ..
Present! I was trying to establish which resort she worked in, but then I got 2 weeks in the Public Humiliation Bin for reasons unbeknownst to me. After 2 weeks in the hole, the thread evaporated faster than a chapi's eternal love.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Or sick mothers.
And when they tell you their 4th grandmother in Costanza died and there will be another funeral and she needs money to travel & help bury granny, just buy her a shovel.

Because all 40 of her uncles will be having fatal moto accidents if your that gullible.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I guess you're looking for some entertainment.
Well I'm looking for some advice. Please keep it serious

I am planning on visiting HER the end of October for around 14 days
Any advice on what i need to bring or what i need to prepare for this journey.

Try to be serious... If you are I will give you the closing chapter of this novela.
Good luck.
Hopefully she is the real deal and isn't playing you for a fool.
If your Spanish is good enough, you will know in a day or two
if she is because all of her friends and family will be gossiping out
loud about the new foreigner.

PCMike

Aug 30, 2008
I said I was done here, but here I am. All you overweight balding 60+year old men, can only comment on you whore-mongering ways. I met my wife on a bus...a bad day for me. That was back in 2007. The best day of my life...15 days later, still together despite our cultural differences.. Please...if it feels right to you, do not let all these lonely men who wake up only to post on DR1 tell you what will happen. I have met many along the way in my almost 20 years here and most deserve what they got.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I said I was done here, but here I am. All you overweight balding 60+year old men, can only comment on you whore-mongering ways. I met my wife on a bus...a bad day for me. That was back in 2007. The best day of my life...15 days later, still together despite our cultural differences.. Please...if it feels right to you, do not let all these lonely men who wake up only to post on DR1 tell you what will happen. I have met many along the way in my almost 20 years here and most deserve what they got.
I think part of the negative comments have to do with the OP being married. Not wanting to "end" his marriage until he decides if the woman in the DR will be worth leaving his wife for. Kind of sets a negative tone to start.

Reactions: Superion

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Keep coming back!

Status
Not open for further replies.