Is Boco Chica really that bad???

kaykat18987

Nov 25, 2013
TAKE A LOOK AT THIS!!!! go on youtube type boca chika nightmare the first video with 3 girls walking on beach its a report done by abc news about how the resort is a scamm.... take a look and get ur money back...now!!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
TAKE A LOOK AT THIS!!!! go on youtube type boca chika nightmare the first video with 3 girls walking on beach its a report done by abc news about how the resort is a scamm.... take a look and get ur money back...now!!

Very helpful post, where do you suggest the OP stay, Disneyland?
Where did The OP ever state they planned on staying @ Don Juan?

kaykat18987

Nov 25, 2013
I consider myself a seasoned traveller. I have been to many places around the world as well as lived overseas. I booked a vacation all inclusive with a good buddy to the don juan beach resort in Boco Chica because well Im sad to say it was CHEAP,

this is the message.. he mentions he has for don juan

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I consider myself a seasoned traveller. I have been to many places around the world as well as lived overseas. I booked a vacation all inclusive with a good buddy to the don juan beach resort in Boco Chica because well Im sad to say it was CHEAP,

this is the message.. he mentions he has for don juan

My apologies, still brewing my coffee, the only establishment I would spend my Pesos in Boca Chica is The Boat House.
Those reporters did not do their homework, oh noooooo cueros and drugs, scary stuff.

New2DR

Dec 3, 2013
I dont care if the hotel is a little dirty or the town is a little dirty, Ive been to tin roof shacks in Fiji. Mainly what I would like to know is if I go out to a club on a Friday night that I am not gonna get robbed at gunpoint or stabbed. Petty crime is not that bad if you are smart. As for ABC I already saw that. I dont believe a word the media says they blow everything out of wack which is why Im on a forum asking real people. The woman on ABC seemed a little stuck up. Im not expecting a 5 star resort but I would like to have some fun and come back alive.
thanks

kaykat18987

Nov 25, 2013
if you go out to a club on a friday night you are calling for some attention that is for sure... but have fun

kaykat18987

Nov 25, 2013
the club i went to beside the be live hamaca, which iw as told is the best one in that eara... there was alot of single dominican girls standing on the side... and my guess is they where not there to daNCE. LOOKING FOR A GRINGO. OR to make some money to bring home to their babies... and ull be alone... you will not be left alone.. and might get agrivated.... make some friends on the resort and go out to have a drink with them as a small group... alone isnt really good

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
In answer to your question, I went once to BC and will never go again.....That was some years ago but I doubt it has improved.
A credit may be a better option then go to Cabarete for a mix of local and tourist life bohemian style :) .

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I dont care if the hotel is a little dirty or the town is a little dirty, Ive been to tin roof shacks in Fiji. Mainly what I would like to know is if I go out to a club on a Friday night that I am not gonna get robbed at gunpoint or stabbed. Petty crime is not that bad if you are smart. As for ABC I already saw that. I dont believe a word the media says they blow everything out of wack which is why Im on a forum asking real people. The woman on ABC seemed a little stuck up. Im not expecting a 5 star resort but I would like to have some fun and come back alive.
thanks

Get some sort of doctor's note and get your money back, or get a credit, and sell it on eBay. Boca Chica is known as the armpit of The Caribbean, nasty place.

Sosua/Cabarete are what you are looking for, tons of inexpensive lodging/food in both towns. (Sosua is a bit more budget, LOL)

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
any good bars you could recommend? Thanks Smart. and what is the best way to bring my cash? traveller cheques?

I don't recommend travellers cheques. They are not widely accepted and can be difficult to exchange for cash. Best to bring a small amount of cash and then withdraw from ATMs.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I was in Boca Chica last week!
Reminds me of similar cheap places, all over the world, that I loved to hang out in when I was a MUCH younger man!
I craved the excitement, weird stuff, girls,street food, girls,Surf & Sand", girls, drugs, girls, booze, girls, etc., and did I say GIRLS???????????
You can find all the above in Boca Chica!
And especially at night!
JUST be smart!
If you take a girl to someplace to have sex with her, pretend you are a male "Praying Mantis"!
They too want to get laid, BUT, the female "Mantis" will bite their head off and eat them alive if they are not VERY CAREFUL!!!
Take a lesson from the "Male Mantis"!
I never saw a Male Mantis carry a lot of "Money", or "Show" any either!
If you want a change from the hotel, take a walk down to the "Boat House" and sit in a chair under the roof, have a beer, some "Pasta", some conversation, if you want some, watch big screen TV, shoot some "pool", jump in the ocean,and ask for a big smiling guy named "FRANK", you'll be just fine, and glad you went!
Ask Frank about "Boca Chica", he lives there, and actually knows what he is talking about, unlike most of the "others" here, who just "Think They Know"!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

New2DR

Dec 3, 2013
Ok, I am unable to get a refund but I can change the hotel. Here is a link with a list, couple in punta cana, some in santo domingo and one in juan dolio. PLEASE help! remember Im a young single guy in my 20's but Im not really into sex for profit or drugs either but I do like to go out, drink and have fun

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Ok, I am unable to get a refund but I can change the hotel. Here is a link with a list, couple in punta cana, some in santo domingo and one in juan dolio. PLEASE help! remember Im a young single guy in my 20's but Im not really into sex for profit or drugs either but I do like to go out, drink and have fun

If alone then Bavaro is as good as it's going to get unless you want to head up north. Juan dolio alone will be a little frustrating, and besides, Steve's bar in Bavaro has some very nice young ladies hanging out there these days. I don't care what you think now, if you come here alone and don't taste the local flavours then you really do need to confront your sexuality. You're going to end up in the sack with some local toffee, we all know that, even if you don't yet!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

No link, lots of members can guide you if you give us the alternatives. I assume you're flying into Santo Domingo/SDQ?

New2DR

Dec 3, 2013
I definitly would like to meet some nice women, but I justdont find prostitutes that attractive lol. maybe DR is different. None the less here are my options...
whala bavara resort PC
belevue dominican bay SD
coral costacaribe JD
Ifa bavara village PC
Barcello Capella SD

I definitly would like to meet some nice women, but I justdont find prostitutes that attractive lol. maybe DR is different.

You will find these attractive!
It's almost more work to not sleep with the Putas here!

Just remember to NOT TRUST ANYONE and you will have a great time I am sure. You can have a good time anywhere if you have a positive outlook!

Nice friend to bail on you!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I definitly would like to meet some nice women, but I justdont find prostitutes that attractive lol. maybe DR is different. None the less here are my options...
whala bavara resort PC
belevue dominican bay SD
coral costacaribe JD
Ifa bavara village PC
Barcello Capella SD

Well, forget Bellevue, that's in Boca Chica too, not in Santo Domingo.

Barcelo Capella is in Juan Dolio, much better place than Boca Chica.

Hopefully some members who have been to these and the others will pipe up with some recommendations for you

Aug 6, 2006
The Fior di Loto in Old Juan Dolio, get out at the Ferreteria and walk one block S towards the ocean is friendly, relatively cheap ($30 US) and clean.