Is there hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Some Dominicans who immigrate to places like Canada and the USA have a bigtime struggle with culture shock.....the cold, gloomy weather, being isolated from friends and relatives, frustration with the language, frustration with the new diet, being dependant upon someone else for some of the smallest of tasks. Not having the money that they expected to have.....All of this causes depression that no one can feel except him.
Not everyone has the psychological makeup to successfully deal with these negatives. He's going to need all of the love and understanding and patience that you can muster up. The bottom line is that you are going to have to decide if he and your marriage are worth it. I would bet that they are.

This is an excellent post but if you go back to the first post of this thread you'll see that he hasn't arrived in Canada yet.;)

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
i agree, stop the papers, go to your local home office, whatever it's called, tell them that the marriege was based on fraud. ha!

won't she get in trouble for agreeing to a fraudulant marriage?

azabache

Apr 25, 2006
This is an excellent post but if you go back to the first post of this thread you'll see that he hasn't arrived in Canada yet.;)

OK thanks Anna I went back and checked......I thought what I was responding to was her first post :surprised

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
To answer your question candidly

Hi I have married a guy form the Dominican and I wish I woudl have seen this forum first. He started out as a really nice guy and now things are chaning he asks for moneya dn a lot of it, and he jsut is nto caring anymore, he is mad at me everyday, he sayd he does nto know why maybe he is nervous, but maybe I am seeing his true colors
NO, NO, NO!!!! nada .... no hope in a hopeless person, unless your ultimate goal is reforming him. :ermm:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
OK thanks Anna I went back and checked......I thought what I was responding to was her first post :surprised

No problem. She had two posts and the second one didn't have as much info.

The one with more details was lost in another thread so I put it all together.

miamor

Sep 29, 2006
Bad Situation

This is a bad situation, but at least he is showing his true colours before he set foot in Canada. The Canadian Government in all its wisdom :ermm: says that he is your responsibility. Once he has landed at the airport in Canada, even if he never sets foot in your house, but just disappears, well if he goes on assistance after that, you get to pay that back.

Yes it sucks that you're married and can't just walk away, but at least it hasn't come to him being in Canada, so I agree with Anna. If you're having doubts now, stop the process and see what happens.

I can't imagine that once he gets here, when there would be an actual reason for culture shock, a feeling of isolation and depression that it will get any better and if you think he asks for money now, how will you feel when he has to be totally reliant upon you?
Good Luck

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Good point

I think you are seeing his true colours, and things probably won't get any better, just worse. Sorry to be negative but same thing happened to me. We got married, he came to Canada, lived with me for 2 months and left. He hasn't tried to contact me since he left.

I've talked to others in similar situations and once they get all their documents they leave shortly after, never to be heard of again. I don't know where you live but in Canada they get permanent residence immediately-no waiting period at all. Be very careful.

This is why Canadian girls are the preferred choice among Dominican men. Bar none! The sad thing is people such as this OP that find out only after it is too late. Well, it is never too late. He isn't there yet so cancel his arse.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
He asks you for MONEY?? Please listen to your good friends here and call, fax and write the Canadian Embassy in Port au Prince at once!!!

tell them you have been deceived and that you will not sponsor this person. Never, ever talk to him again. There are tons of people here that can make you happy, for a few days at least....

Really, never get mixed up with someone that is not at your educational lever. your financial level (even if it is in pesos) and your "savoir faire" level....

These guys are experts at getting into your heart (among other things like pocketbooks and credit cards, and yeah, that, too!)

Better be safe or really, really sorry!!

HB

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Indeed!

This is a bad situation, but at least he is showing his true colours before he set foot in Canada.
The thing is that she is not seeing his true colors, which are more "colors" than a normal person needs to send this guy to go fry some platanos and get lost!.

I can already see her accepting his excuses. Excuses that sound or will sound like this:

"Ay mami, I am acting like this because I miss you too much" or

"Pero mi amor, don't you know that it's because I love you too much" or

"Cielo, I just can't be without you for such a long time" or

"Chula, I am not like this, not seeing you is making me act like this" or

"Querida, you are my life and without you, I am lost and then I get like this" or my personal favorite::::::

"Mami linda, it's because it's taking too long for me be with you over there, you know I am not like this, so if you hurry up and I get me there sooner than later, everything will be back to normal, ok mami".

Make believe that you are Carl Lewis and RUUUUUUUUUN away from that guy as fast as you can!!.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Correction buddy!!!!

The thing is that she is not seeing his true colors, which are more "colors" than a normal person needs to send this guy to go fry some platanos and get lost!.

I can already see her accepting his excuses. Excuses that sound or will sound like this:

"Ay mami, I am acting like this because I miss you too much" or

"Pero mi amor, don't you know that it's because I love you too much" or

"Cielo, I just can't be without you for such a long time" or

"Chula, I am not like this, not seeing you is making me act like this" or

"Querida, you are my life and without you, I am lost and then I get like this" or my personal favorite::::::

"Mami linda, it's because it's taking too long for me be with you over there, you know I am not like this, so if you hurry up and I get me there sooner than later, everything will be back to normal, ok mami".

Make believe that you are Carl Lewis and RUUUUUUUUUN away from that guy as fast as you can!!.
That should be Donovan Bailey.

Come on Miguel, you know that Carl Lewis wasn't clean, he was on steriods like Ben Johnson, another cheater (like the one mentioned in this thread). Donovan did it the natural way, oh did I mention he's Canadian :)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
The moment she will threaten to terminate his immigration process to canada he will become Mr. nice guy again and our desperate candian women will forgive him.
She is in trouble and she will not back down. Watch she will follow her heart and get hurt.
AZB

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
keep her going!

The moment she will threaten to terminate his immigration process to canada he will become Mr. nice guy again and our desperate candian women will forgive him.
She is in trouble and she will not back down. Watch she will follow her heart and get hurt.
AZB

so sad azb, and so true...
maybe it we make mart0417 really, REALLY p*ssed of she will stick to her decision and save herself all the trouble!

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
Move here, tell him you don't have a job, you have no money, and he will have to support you.

Ask him where the two of you are going to live. Tell him you love him so much, you want to be with him all day, every day.

Ask him when he's going to buy a house. Tell him he has to feed you, buy you clothes.

Ask him when he's going to take you shopping. Tell him you don't want to live in Canada anymore.

Tell him he's the man, the man has to support his family. Ask him when you're going to have children.. Tell him you want lots and lots of kids.

That ought to do it!;)

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
HB puts it best

He asks you for MONEY?? Please listen to your good friends here and call, fax and write the Canadian Embassy in Port au Prince at once!!!

tell them you have been deceived and that you will not sponsor this person. Never, ever talk to him again. There are tons of people here that can make you happy, for a few days at least....

Really, never get mixed up with someone that is not at your educational lever. your financial level (even if it is in pesos) and your "savoir faire" level....

These guys are experts at getting into your heart (among other things like pocketbooks and credit cards, and yeah, that, too!)

Better be safe or really, really sorry!!

HB

Experts.....like brain surgeons without the educational level of course. They have lazer like precision to get into your heart, tickle those emotional strings that you possess. Hey, everyone wants to be loved and understood and nobody is knocking you (or shouldn't be knocking you). You identified the problem and it isn't too late. Listen (read) to what these fine people are telling (writing to) you. The man is a predator, you weren't the first we are all sure and you certainly will not be the last. Simply write to the Canadian Embassy and write it in bold letters. You were deceived, the man is a thief and you want to stop the process NOW. Then what you must also do is cut the trewp off. Change your number and DO NOT answer him. He will try and try and try to pull on your heart strings. What other choice does he have? He has come so close and will not give up now. Tell him you are one of the many in DR1.

Good luck and God Bless

Scotty

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
LOL...heck yeah

That ought to do it!;)

Tell him he only gets (sex) on odd days and on even days you will sleep with your other boyfriend. Oh and another thing, tell him he needs to wear a condom and that he needs to "pleasure" you. LOL, that really should do it.

texasgal

Jul 17, 2006
I have a question. Every few days or so somebody posts about the man they met in the DR and have questions/concerns/problems. Now, if these ladies went down on vacation- did they not do any research before going? They would have read about these men.

Think about it. NOW THEY FIND DR1??? NOW?

I find it hard to believe just about 99.9% of these posts. Personally, I believe a lot of these stories are made up. But, I have to admit. I do read them- kinda like watching a soap opera or novella, whatever you want to call it.

ALL of my experiences with Dominican men have been with those who have moved to Texas, and maybe they learned to immerse themselves into the culture. They have all treated me with respect when my Dominican husband is present and even when he isn't. But, I can see that when some hoochie is around- their attitudes change.

I am sure a whole lot of the "sankie thing" goes on down there. I guess what I am saying is that these women who go down there are getting just what they were looking for. They can't be that stupid and innocent.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Move here, tell him you don't have a job, you have no money, and he will have to support you.

Ask him where the two of you are going to live. Tell him you love him so much, you want to be with him all day, every day.

Ask him when he's going to buy a house. Tell him he has to feed you, buy you clothes.

Ask him when he's going to take you shopping. Tell him you don't want to live in Canada anymore.

Tell him he's the man, the man has to support his family. Ask him when you're going to have children.. Tell him you want lots and lots of kids.

why does it sound so soooooooooo funny but when their only one ideal dominican says it it seems so.. right?

Status
Not open for further replies.