Italian Tourists Stabbed in Hotel

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
As long as 20 plus years ago, when I first became "Addicted To Dominicanas", friends in Boston, when they asked me where I was going, and I replied,"To The Dominican Republic", would ALWAYS respond by saying,..."Is It Safe THERE"????
I USED to say "Yes",... up until about 10 years ago.
Which corresponds to the beginnings of the DR, as a "Narco State", and THAT was before Dominicans become addicted to the drugs they once only shipped on to other countries around the world!
And, it doesn't take a "Mensa Member" to see that it isn't getting ANY SAFER!!!!
"HUGS" there is "Crime" in other countries"??????
Who Knew????
Thanks for the "Heads Up", if I ever live anywhere other than HERE,...I'll be sure to "Watch My Back"!!!!!

The things about "EVERYWHERE Else BUT the DR",you can learn from our "Spin Doctors"!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Peter, I used to walk to worst Barrios in SD 20 plus years ago,3, or 4 am,never had to worry about "Crime" in ANY form.
Not only was anyone who ever robbed or assaulted a tourist "Beaten", sometimes they never came home in the morning.
Sadly the Government stopped worrying about the "Tourist Industry" over they ears, and it didn't take long for the criminals to see who were the easiest, and most lucrative, victims.

You have over ten years spewing the same stuff to no avail...

If changes, the DR is actually turning ever more positively at each chance.

Barrios in SD 20 years ago at 3 or 4 am would had given you a nice couple of holes and virtually no chance of making the news as today is the norm for non-Dominicans. Now, that's a fact!

But keep it up and maybe, just maybe in another 100 to 1,000 years, things will turn as you said they would! Odds are always something will become reality at any given chance!

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
When I first came to Sosua in 1991, I met some locals living on the Los Charimicos side. They said that I'd never had to worry about getting anything stolen because the police were told to beat anyone who stole from a tourist, no matter how petty it was. "The Tourist is The Future, so The Tourist is King!" they told me.

How times have changed.

Tourists? What tourists in the Charamicos 1991?!!??? Maybe Dominicanos ausentes!

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
CC

Your attitude to people's option to compare DR to elsewhere is very old, change the record, we all know you don't care but some of us choose to look at the big picture, not the bubble that is DR, is it not obvious no one cares if you don't care. This topic turned to tourism being effected by this sad occurrence, using crime elsewhere and the effect on tourism is very relevant, don't you think? or do you want to hijack and tell us all about your life elsewhere, sexual insecurities and VIP treatment at national, which is always totally acceptable, relevant and has readers intrigued, really!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Thanks "P", I guess I no longer need to lock my doors.
The "Rest Of Us Who Actually Choose to Live In The DR", know that "Talk Is Cheap", "Results are FEW",.. and, You believe that ANYTHING a Dominican Politician says in a "News Release", bears any resemblance to "Real Life" here??????
I see you "Drank His "Mabi"!!!!!!
He also just met with over 100 Dominicans deported from the USA after completing their prison sentences for crimes they comitted there.
He was quoted as telling them,..."We will give you all the support you need to work, and reintegrate into Dominican Society"!
Can I get a "BULL$HIT" please??????
As ALWAYS, a "Politico" makes a speech and proclaims, We will do everything that is needed to make things better"!!!!
And, as ALWAYS, they never outline what the "Everything" IS!!!
When we had meeting where I worked here, it was Always the same thing!
"We will make the changes needed to improve our product delivery"!!!!!!!
I would Always ask them what those "Changes" were going to be, and who would be responsible to see that they are implemented????
"Blank Stares" all around the table!!!
After a while, after the Empty Proclamations were proclaimed.
Some Dominican would actually say,...."As CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC Always asks us,..."What's The NEXT STEP"??????
I ask "Dominguez Britto", and all the other politicians who make general statements about "Making Thing "BETTER",....

"Where's The CARNE"?????????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

May 29, 2006
Tourists? What tourists in the Charamicos 1991?!!??? Maybe Dominicanos ausentes!

It was just starting back then. Mostly Canadian tourists. El Batey was half cane fields with zero pavement and I think even the road to the airport was still crushed stone. The beach was open at night. I was staying in Los Charimicos at a Dominican home and there was at least one cliff side hotel on that side then, but I don't remember the name. That's where "tourists are the future" comes in. I think I liked the town best around 1999. A lot can change in ten years.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Thanks "P", I guess I no longer need to lock my doors.
The "Rest Of Us Who Actually Choose to Live In The DR", know that "Talk Is Cheap", "Results are FEW",.. and, You believe that ANYTHING a Dominican Politician says in a "News Release", bears any resemblance to "Real Life" here??????
I see you "Drank His "Mabi"!!!!!!
He also just met with over 100 Dominicans deported from the USA after completing their prison sentences for crimes they comitted there.
He was quoted as telling them,..."We will give you all the support you need to work, and reintegrate into Dominican Society"!
Can I get a "BULL$HIT" please??????
As ALWAYS, a "Politico" makes a speech and proclaims, We will do everything that is needed to make things better"!!!!
And, as ALWAYS, they never outline what the "Everything" IS!!!
When we had meeting where I worked here, it was Always the same thing!
"We will make the changes needed to improve our product delivery"!!!!!!!
I would Always ask them what those "Changes" were going to be, and who would be responsible to see that they are implemented????
"Blank Stares" all around the table!!!
After a while, after the Empty Proclamations were proclaimed.
Some Dominican would actually say,...."As CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC Always asks us,..."What's The NEXT STEP"??????
I ask "Dominguez Britto", and all the other politicians who make general statements about "Making Thing "BETTER",....

"Where's The CARNE"?????????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Take your afternoon Prozac and come to post again! Pretty please!

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
Break out the Duelling Pistols!!!
My money is on the one who knows how to load one.

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
Providing crime statistics wold be useful. A long rant such as this saying "it happens everywhere" is not useful.
And how reliable would those stats be??? Folks we live in the 3rd world. There ain't no "sugar coating it".
To stay in a couple block area of the Boca Chica Beach area tourists should be secure. Hamilton?? why. Not smart.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
CC

Your attitude to people's option to compare DR to elsewhere is very old, change the record, we all know you don't care but some of us choose to look at the big picture, not the bubble that is DR, is it not obvious no one cares if you don't care. This topic turned to tourism being effected by this sad occurrence, using crime elsewhere and the effect on tourism is very relevant, don't you think? or do you want to hijack and tell us all about your life elsewhere, sexual insecurities and VIP treatment at national, which is always totally acceptable, relevant and has readers intrigued, really!

... and poooooooff, HUG returns !!

03-06-2009
I retract anything I have ever said on this forum, I can see it is not worth the hassle to share my exploits and I know shall vanish into thin air.....pooooooff, there I go!!

Welcome back HUG, your "poooooooff" lasted roughly 4 3/4 years.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
... and poooooooff, HUG returns !!

03-06-2009

Welcome back HUG, your "poooooooff" lasted roughly 5 3/4 years.

And your point is? Please, you aim from this observation? your goal and your reason this might be related. This is about a couple who may have been killed, you want to turn this into about you? Sorry, not going there, CC has already made an effort on that and failed miserably.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"HUG",....your "CC's Life Envy" comes across,.. "Loud & Un Clear"!!!!
Just like all your post about "Everywhere Else Is Worse"!!
If your sole contributions to "DR1" are to make "Comparisons" with yet other failed states, why don't you visit",
"Big Picture.com"!!!!!!!!!
You did make one good point, when you said "The DR is a "Bubble"!
And we all know what inevitably happens to a "Bubble"!
"Pooooooooooooffffffffffffffff", just like YOU,and it's GONE!!!!! :p:p:p:p:p
Leaving nothing behind but a slimy residue!!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

ps.,.........I have no "Sexual Insecurities", I live in the DR after all!
I see a young lady I like, give her 500 pesos, and "Bada Bing, Bada Bam".
It a SURE THING, NO Insecurities there!

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"HUGS", you posted on several DR1 Threads back in 2009 that you wre going to "Pooooof" disappear!
AND, you, THANKFULLY did just that for, as was posted above,for almost 5 years!!!!!
Why can't you be a man of your word??
Lying on the internet is common,Right?????, but give us a break!!

ps., how did your "Day In Dominican Court" yurn out???
Have you been court ordered to "Poooooof", for yet another 5 yeasr???
Sorry to hear of the end of you 6 year relationship.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Remove the prohibition?

Same way we all got rid of the crime underworld fueled by Alcohol prohibitionists!

That was done by legalizing, regulating and taxing alcohol since prohibition does not work. Do you mean to say the DR will do the same thing with drugs?

donP

Dec 14, 2008

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I was talking to my brother this morning and asking him if a house near his house (in Holland) is still for sale. He told me: I'm not checking anymore. If you want to get yourself murdered it's up to you.

Appeared he heard about the recent killings here. Not from me, since I don't talk about those things to my family, but it filters through and I hear more and more people asking me about the safety and the crime. It's evident that this will have an effect on tourism, especially since the government seems completely helpless. The only thing they come up with is bringing in the news that crime is down.