Largest Project in DR History - Moon Palace Punta Cana Hotel

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
On a more important safety note, a fire in one of those towers could be catastrophic. My personal rule is no higher than the 4th floor in any hotel.....as that is about the top reach of any firefighting ladder equipment.......if they have such equipment nearby.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
An adequate sprinkler system is the biggest safety measure of a high-rise and skyscraper.

NYC has many skyscrapers including the Freedom Tower. If you’re able to find a firefighting truck with latters long enough to reach the top, let me know.

Jan 9, 2004
An adequate sprinkler system is the biggest safety measure of a high-rise and skyscraper.

NYC has many skyscrapers including the Freedom Tower. If you’re able to find a firefighting truck with latters long enough to reach the top, let me know.
Adequate sprinkler system?

Which is why my personal preference does not go beyond the 4th floor anywhere..............and definitely not in the DR.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
Now I know what that is I was looking at from my balcony a few weeks ago when I was staying at Melia. Might have to check it out when finished. Melia has certainly gone downhill since the new owner took over.
That doesn't look like it's anywhere near the Melia...I do agree that Melia is terrible these days.

DRforme

Oct 23, 2022
USA
That doesn't look like it's anywhere near the Melia...I do agree that Melia is terrible these days.
I could be mistaken if there is another big project going on in PC. But it was a project with 4 or 5 tower cranes that is why I assumed this was it. 🤷‍♂️

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Didn’t they zone a few areas for high rises. Inside Cap Cana and at Playa Macao ?

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
A concern for this poster is the weakness of the water infrastructure to support this unrestrained growth in the eastern tourist zone. There are few rivers, they are small, having dubious abilities to supply sustainable water distribution to the area. The fresh (sweet) water table of the zone for wells (pozos) is falling.

Regards,

PJT
The Dominican Republic is surrounded by a water source.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Surrounded by salt water. The east need a sustainable supply of fresh (sweet) water for now and the future. The government has not disclosed any plans for it.

Regards,

PJT
ok...
(insert the "WTF" emoji here)

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
ok...
(insert the "WTF" emoji here)

"CAASD"

And they are different from CORREPLATO or whatever they'r called how?

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Do a search for desalination and you will find many articles about yes it can be done, but at what cost?
It ain't cheap, requires lots of energy and there are the environmental impacts.
Let us see what the DR tries to do in that vein. They certainly need to do something.

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
Do a search for desalination and you will find many articles about yes it can be done, but at what cost?
It ain't cheap, requires lots of energy and there are the environmental impacts.
Let us see what the DR tries to do in that vein. They certainly need to do something.
Singapore does it with great success. They also recycle water and now have enough to export it to Malaysia. (https://www.fairplanet.org/story/singapore-bets-on-water-recycling-to-achieve-sustainability/ see also

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
I could be mistaken if there is another big project going on in PC. But it was a project with 4 or 5 tower cranes that is why I assumed this was it. 🤷‍♂️
Looking north from the Melia property you probably saw the group of cranes working on the Noval apartments in Los Corales.