Latino Men (especially Dominican) and white women

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yari

Aug 18, 2005
Tienes razon...peace out suckas!!

Yari

Talldrink said:
Mofi, Yari, and the others... it will be a matter of time before Badpiece, AZB, Chucky and the others chime in this one too...

LET IT GO NOW WHILE YOU CAN AND BEFORE YOU GET YOUR PANTIES IN A BUNCH WITH THEM!!

Trust me, we've had this argument way too many times!

Talldrink - been there, done that...

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
TD
Yes, but that is also a formula that have lead many to be taken for granted.

On why the men help out, I agree with you that is the reason why they help in the house. Even more so, I would refuse to even entertain a man who's never been on his own. All you would see are my nike tracks. LOL! But that is why it would be interesting to see data, that among these same type of inter-racial couple who would help in the house and who does not and why.

To me being a man is a state of mind. A geographical change can't make you one. I also measure the quality of a man by his choice in women. It takes a special (read secure) like of man to stand next to strong, intelligent and independent woman. Not many men can handle that much woman if they themselves don't have a good or better game plan or are not comfortable in being in the subservient position. These men do exists. Here is one of them.
www.randalpinkett.com.

D

Talldrink said:
Deelt - I do believe we are more mothering and homemakers. I was raised this way - yes in this day and age, I was 'taught' to take care of the man in the house and 'keep' him happy - in all sense of the word!! Whatever it takes to keep him happy, day in and day out. It is part of our culture and it is part of what makes us the way we are. This is where our passion comes from too - we do all that we do and we will not let just anyone take what 'belongs' to us just like that.

This post actually goes back to another trend. The Latinas marrying American men becuase they in turn have been on their own for some time - thus they can actually wash a spoon and know what Clorox is for. Unlike most Dominican men who went from their mother's house to living with another woman.

Shyla

Mar 14, 2005
Are you kidding?

Larry said:
I, as a white American, definately think that Latinas make better homemakers, make better mothers, make better wives and in general are more loving than American white women. Talldrink talks about keeping a man happy as part of a womans responsibility and she is right. Todays white American woman is too concerned with making "something" of herself. Oprah Winfrey tells her that is she does not have a successful career where she is making alot of money then her life is a failure. Thats what todays white American woman hears. She is not worried about making her husband happy. She dosent attend to his needs. Then she wants to know why her marriage fails. More and more white American men are either going through life single or going out with women from other cultures. White American women are no longer what a woman is supposed to be.

I and many others can see that you are single for good reason in the US and rely on Sosoa peras to make you feel better because we are not your beck and call girls. We can take and give, not just a slave to one man's wants.

mofi

Feb 9, 2005
Larry said:
Really? I am not sure how. White men have always taken the same role in the family, that of the man. Now our wives are no longer wives and mothers, they are lawyers, and executives who put in 50 hour weeks. The husband never sees his wife. The children never see their monther. When they do, she is too tired to be a mother..she just microwaves something for herself to eat and then rests up for the next day. White women are all about success and beoming "equals" with their male partners. Latinas, on the other hand, still know how to act like a woman and give their husbands and children what they need....a wife and a mom.

Larry
Like I said the same could be said about men. I know plenty of families where the wives never see their husbands, the children can't spend time with the dad. There to busy at the office or out entertaining. And they expect the wife to hold down a job (because there are not many nice areas where i live, where you can have children and a house on a one person income) make dinner, clean the house, and look after the children all by herself......so it that sense yes an equal argument can be made for the men.

pride21

May 14, 2005
www.facebook.com
Larry said:
I, as a white American, definately think that Latinas make better homemakers, make better mothers, make better wives and in general are more loving than American white women. Talldrink talks about keeping a man happy as part of a womans responsibility and she is right. Todays white American woman is too concerned with making "something" of herself. Oprah Winfrey tells her that is she does not have a successful career where she is making alot of money then her life is a failure. Thats what todays white American woman hears. She is not worried about making her husband happy. She dosent attend to his needs. Then she wants to know why her marriage fails. More and more white American men are either going through life single or going out with women from other cultures. White American women are no longer what a woman is supposed to be.

Larry
I completely disagree. I am a white Canadian woman, and, to me, there is nothing more empowering than taking care of my family, supporting my husband (who in turn supports his family financially), and I am not the only white woman who feels this way.
I love taking care of my boyfriend, whether it be cooking for him, taking care of his scrapes and bruises after a hard day at work (he's in construction), or just supporting him emotionally. He also enjoys helping me with housework, and cooking for me on weekends...it's give and take.
We've discussed plans for marriage, and we've both decided that once children come into the picture, I will remain at home, and my job will be to take care of my husband and our children. I won't become a slave to him, spoon-feeding him dinner or putting his socks on him in the morning, but I'll take care of him, and I'll love doing so. In the meantime, I work, and I pay my share of the bills.
It's a matter of how you were raised. I am from a traditional European family, where roles are clearly set, and women have their parts to play. I was also born and raised in Canada, though, and women are far more empowered here. I was encouraged to make "something" of myself by both male and female role models, but taking care of my family - not being a slave to them - is what I find most empowering.

pride21

May 14, 2005
www.facebook.com
deelt said:
3. Something, such as a material object or a nonsexual part of the body, that arouses sexual desire and may become necessary for sexual gratification.
4. An abnormally obsessive preoccupation or attachment; a fixation.

I wouldn't call it a fetish. Just as a man can be attracted to blondes, a girl can be attracted to a Latino. It is a physical characteristic. I am attracted to the lighter skinned, brown eyes, kinky hair...there are many Latino's who have approached me romantically and I have had no interest....just as I can appreciate a fine looking white man. It just so happens that I have ended up with Latinos in all but one of my relationships.
I think it's all just a matter of preference.

ade

Jun 14, 2005
you get what you pick

my experience is in the dominican sex is like shaking hands - you do it with almost everyone - girls and guys are the same!! Latino men will say I love you etc as soon as they meet you and charm the pants off you and are not afraid to 'experiment' in bed - takes a white man months if not years to go to those depths but a note of caution...latinos are easily distracted and if another pretty girl walks by their heads are turned!! If your married to them it doesn't matter - you are after all their wife so why should it worry you - the girls who go after married men don't care as they're only after a good time and money - if the man is with a white woman they think he's bound to have plenty - they also think that white women are lousy lovers so the man will no doubt appreciate a reminder of sex with a dominicana!! Of course this is all crap because white women can be just as sexy, erotic and great in the sack in the same way some latinos can't get it up - usually due to drink! If a white woman decides to pick a Dominican for a partner then you can be sure there will be high days and low days just like in any other relationship - what he will gain though is less violence (latinas are just as violent and their men if not worse), more care and consideration as white women tend to be more loyal, respectful and sharing and a better future as most white women are better at planning and plotting to create a better future

Yari

Aug 18, 2005
ade said:
what he will gain though is less violence (latinas are just as violent and their men if not worse), more care and consideration as white women tend to be more loyal, respectful and sharing and a better future as most white women are better at planning and plotting to create a better future

Give me a break. Where do you get your information from...I was agreeing with ya until this last piece. This is definitely an overgeneralization in my opinion!!

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Yari said:
Give me a break. Where do you get your information from...I was agreeing with ya until this last piece. This is definitely an overgeneralization in my opinion!!

Well, I agree with ade that white women are better at planning a better future for THEMSELVES. White women are much less likely to have children out of wedlock...Latinas do this frequently and at a young age. White women are also tend to have a better grasp on their finances and have a better knowledge on how to accumulate wealth. However, Latinas are better at taking care of their men. I, as the man, want to provide for my family. I dont want my wife working 60 hours per week and neglecting my children and me. I will be the responsible one. I would much rather be with a Latina who knows how to be a woman. White women lost their femininity long ago.

"Women and children can afford to be irresponsible but men cannot" -- Don Corrleone in the Godfather

Last edited:

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
It's a secret women are really the head of the house they just let men think they are so they don't get there egos crushed.
That's why some men claim it's a woman's job to take care of the husband and kids. Men couldn't survive without us! hee hee

Ever seen a grown man sick such babies they are seriously ;)

Seriously some people have been brought up with a more old fashion mentality of the woman staying home and cooks, cleans, raised the kids and all that stuff. In todays world women have careers now.
But did you realize even today a woman with a career is still expected to come home and cook, clean, raise children and be a wife. We are still getting the short end of the stick I tell ya.

When I was young my Mom worked nights so when my Dad came home from work, I was expected to warm his food up and serve it to him. This lasted a bit until I got older lol It's old fashioned upbringing mentality that's all.

Some women do love being a stay at home mom, wife to cook and take care of there husband and they truly enjoy it.

So it really is each woman's preference no?

I belive it should be a partnership and both parents should be responsible. But I also like to take care of my man but I do expect him to take care of me as well ;)

You see women give birth and then still have to do everything. Men are just lazy lol

Nobody hate me now okay just my thoughts :)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Music said:
Seriously some people have been brought up with a more old fashion mentality of the woman staying home and cooks, cleans, raised the kids and all that stuff. In todays world women have careers now.

You're right music this was also the way I was raised. I think my Dad would have starved to death when my Mom was sick if it wasn't for us girls.;)

I also worked in an office with a bunch of Italian men that were older than I and whenever one of the wives went away for a week or so, the other guys in the office took turns inviting the poor starving guy over for supper every night till the wife got back.

"Take out" you say? What's that, would be their answer.

I did my sons a favour by teaching them how to cook, clean and wash their clothes. There's enough to deal with in a relationship without having to deal with that as well.

Last edited:

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Music - thats why you are my hero. Well said: you did a favor to your sons by teaching them. It is true, there are enough issues in a marriage to have to add chores as well.

Ade - I agreed with your post fully but like Yari, not with the last line. Surely you can appreciate what a Domincan woman does with a salary of a factory job while rasing 3 kids all while her nargas are still perky!

mona

Aug 19, 2005
It saddens me to think that in todays day and age, people are still caught up in what role people should or should not play in a relationship. Obviousely those roles are created mutually in every relationship. And any body with any education at all should know this. A relationship is not based on role playing....but playing the role that works in your relationship. No matter what your color or what your culture is. I do not understand all this stereo typing. If you truely love your partner this is all that should matter. The rest of your relationship should fall into place after that. As far as sex is concerned this also is an individual thing. How can anyone say that one race or another is better at sex. Again this is sad to hear. I would have hoped that the people( not all) who posted here would be much more bias.

julie 123

Aug 28, 2005
Black,white or latin ,there can be abuse, hoes, great sex and bad sex in every race, it does not matter what color your skin is but what is inside the skin. Not every white women is a hoe nor all canadian women stupid as they are mostly referred to on the dr 1. I have never once in my life been prejudice and i look down on people who act in that manner, not by the color of your skin but the fact of your ignorance to people who do not look the same as you. Everyone is different not one personality is the same how can you group people on what color there skin, hair or eye color is?

Yari

Aug 18, 2005
Anna Coniglio said:
I did my sons a favour by teaching them how to cook, clean and wash their clothes. There's enough to deal with in a relationship without having to deal with that as well.

This is so true...you gave your sons something that is so valuable, independence. men who depend so much on women are soooo annoying!!

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
pride21 said:
I completely disagree. I am a white Canadian woman, and, to me, there is nothing more empowering than taking care of my family, supporting my husband (who in turn supports his family financially), and I am not the only white woman who feels this way.
I love taking care of my boyfriend, whether it be cooking for him, taking care of his scrapes and bruises after a hard day at work (he's in construction), or just supporting him emotionally.

It must be because you're part Italian.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Pride,

Most Latin women will most of the time date whiteguys because some of the think that they are going to be treated better by them as well as society.

Then you have some others that are just wanting to have that blond baby and think that their blond baby will have better acceptance in a socially speaking.

Your friend is just a whiteguy lover and she just wants to justify herself for preferring whiteguys over latinos buy just saying that latinos in general are dogs.

I would bet you 30 to 1 that whiteguys is all she dates. She does not want black hair, brown eyes or chinese eyes on her babies.....Just give her baby blond hair and blue or green eyes and she wil be as happy as a dominican bailando Merengue.

Also FYI, you can't go to a gay club expecting to pick up a straight guy or go fishing expecting shoot a deer in the ocean.

Just like many others have told you....Most of the time you wil get what you pay for whether white, black or brown men.

pride21

May 14, 2005
www.facebook.com
Mr_DR said:
Pride,

Most Latin women will most of the time date whiteguys because some of the think that they are going to be treated better by them as well as society.

Then you have some others that are just wanting to have that blond baby and think that their blond baby will have better acceptance in a socially speaking.

Your friend is just a whiteguy lover and she just wants to justify herself for preferring whiteguys over latinos buy just saying that latinos in general are dogs.

I would bet you 30 to 1 that whiteguys is all she dates. She does not want black hair, brown eyes or chinese eyes on her babies.....Just give her baby blond hair and blue or green eyes and she wil be as happy as a dominican bailando Merengue.

Also FYI, you can't go to a gay club expecting to pick up a straight guy or go fishing expecting shoot a deer in the ocean.

Just like many others have told you....Most of the time you wil get what you pay for whether white, black or brown men.

She does date strictly European guys, but she has a daughter, from her ex-husband, who is 100% Latin, and she worships that little girl - black hair, brown eyes, and all. For some women, it only takes one ass to make her swear off an entire race.

Wag

Feb 4, 2005
Wow, I left for a couple of days and this thread developed into a whole debate, with some drama.

We can possibly go 100 pages in this thread and never come up with a final conclusion.

This gave me a though that will possible enlighten some of you.

The whole debate about white men/women and latino men/women was based solely in our culture differences, becasue I can assure you that a white person that was raised in a latin environment will be pretty much another latino and viseversa.

Let me throw another twist to this "sancocho" of a thread.

Have anyone ever thought about gays and lesbians? what do they think about the white vs latino issue?

I have never heard about the gay latin lover or the latina hottie for lesbians.

Maybe we heterosexual people have to much time in our hands....

Status
Not open for further replies.