lawyers who change sides and act against the clients interests

theres hundreds of terae for sale in punta rucia, which for many years belonged to people who cleared it and fenced it and maintained it, this was certified , and registered by the I.A.D. to the hardworking people who were the owners. for many years. now many people with certain names, who have never done a hard days work in there lives have got togeather , to steal it from the workers. or pay a few dollars per meter to those in possesion. under threat of death or destruction of their homes to force the poor people out. to make homes for the rich. by selling dubios titles , that they are afraid to have tested in open court. this is why they are useing privately employed and . un uniformed police and terrorist tactics to try to take possession from the lawfull owners.
these people are bribeing lawyers to stab there own clients in the back so to speak ime on my lawyer number 5 or 6 at the moment. and using biased judges and fiscals with family conections ,to cheat the presant possesors of the land and those buying the fake doctored titles they are peddling at between 11 and 20 us $ per meter to unsuspecting buyers.

read post #17 what part do you not understand, mr bill you are on a real short leash

May 12, 2005
Ever occur to you that the OP could be wrong and maybe, just maybe, not telling the entire story?

My wife has been a friend of Francisco Dominguez Brito and his family for many, many years. I have met the man on several occasions, and have consulted with his law firm. He is a very honest and honorable lawyer and is the current Minister of Labor.

It crossed my mind that perhaps the OP is the one with a bad title but on the other hand behavior like this has happened before when someone covets another's land.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Mr. Bill. I take it the moral of your rant is to be carefull when buying land in Punta Rucia. I remember years back Big Eddy sold the same property in Cabarette 7 times. Seems he is among the missing these days.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I wasn't kidding when I suggested it.

I'd also say that the OP needs to enlist the services of the board's legal representative, and stop messing around with all of these no-name legal beagles.

The fact that he has gone through 5-6 different lawyers shows me he's not willing to spend the money to do it right the first time.

There's an old saying here - "Lo barato sale caro", and it's seems to me the shoe fits here.
Perhaps his lawyers took his $$$ and he really doesn't have title.

mr bill

Apr 5, 2010
my name is marlon richard browne , i live at marina tropical luperon. when not living on my property in punta rucia of which i have several court judgements recogniseing my ownership and lawfull possesion.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
my name is Marlon Richard Browne , i live at marina tropical luperon. when not living on my property in punta rucia of which i have several court judgements recogniseing my ownership and lawfull possesion.

Thank you!!!

mr bill

Apr 5, 2010
i went to visit lawyer number 5 yesterday in puerto plata to find out why hes not answering his phone or responding to my emails, i found his office door left open , but his desk gone, his files gone. his phone gone his secretary gone or. i was informed by the secretary outside his office who belongs to another lawyer that osvaldo has gone . and hes left no phone number or forwarding address. just dissapeared. ime not sure if he ran away with the money ive paid to work my case, or made to dissapear by the mafiosa . threatening him, or perhaps hes being paid by them to take a long .holiday in another town. however i am concerned for his safety as he is supposed to be working for me, as well as many of the resturant owners in punta rucia beach ensenada.. if anyone knows of his whereabouts ,please let me nkow if hes safe. ,after about 20 attepts at phone contact i did get through to him for less than a minuate, i said i need email , tell me whats happening, ,he sounded like a dead man walking, very afraid to speak, but just said , marlon ????? in half an hour ok. that was around 9 oclock in the morning i never heard from him again....!!!!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
i went to visit lawyer number 5 yesterday in puerto plata to find out why hes not answering his phone or responding to my emails, i found his office door left open , but his desk gone, his files gone. his phone gone his secretary gone or.

I suggest you get yourself a real lawyer, as opposed to some I have seen here that go round with their client files in a plastic La Sirena shopping bag.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
DEAD_MAN_WALKING+PENN.jpg

whats with the photo of Jeff Spicoli?

Last edited:

mr bill

Apr 5, 2010
i went to pueto plata court again yesterday to find out what i can do about a lawyer who has disapeared, without fullfiling his contracted duty, last week i was told i couldnt take out a citation against him, unless i knew his address, i was told by the fiscal, the aguacil who stands outside the court could find out his address for me, i paid him 300 pesos to go 1 mile down the road to his old office and investigate, he came back 10 minuates later with the news osvaldo had not moved far just to a new office downstairs from his old place. he wrote down the address for me.
so i looked for his new office, it did not exist, the aguacil lied to me deliberately.
i phoned osvalo through my interpretor he answered his phone ,but refused to give his new address , just said ime working in caberetti now , but ime on my way to puerto plata ile see you when i get there, !!!
he never arrived .
the next time i phoned he said ,ile phone back, ile send you an appointment when you can meet me to get your documents back, and a return of the money you paid me.
he never called back.
i tried again to see the fiscal, but the secretaries refused to let me past them.saying i need to go to the colledge of lawyers to complain,
i explained i have documents stamped by the supream court to be seen by the head of administration of the court, i have evidence of corruption inside the court. reguarding my previous lawyer and the judge of my case conspiring against my witness, waiting 3 months to organise her apperance, till the day she flies out of the country, which no sensible person would find acceptable,.
the secretary had obviously been told not to let me in to a fiscal.
but one of them came to the window and invited me in to listen, he gave 30 seconds of his time , then walked away.
last week the fiscal i saw, said it must be dealt with by his superior, but he wasnt hear now, come back another day,.
last week the secretary told me to come back next tuesday to see the judge which i did, which was yesterday, she was to busy to see me. i went back to osvaldos empty office, to speak to the next door secertary who sits ouside osvaldos door. she didnt want to say much , just that osvaldo cleared out his office after 6 pm one night ,only saying he was going to sosua..
he himself said he was in caberetti , so i susspect hes in that north coast area, .
there obviously some kind of coverup going on trying to protect the fake documents being used to attempt the theft of my property in punta rucia, the mafiosa , who presented them and the court officials who stamped them are going to extaordinary,
lengths to prevent the papers being examined by a judge,in court. they might get past one friendly judge, but not 3 in a tribunal system that is what they are afraid of! and some very influential people are named on them. they are afraid of being jailed .

mr bill

Apr 5, 2010
political corruption

If you are going to acuse people on DR1, you need to post your full details, name and contact info.

Feel free to PM these to m

official complaint submitted to pp court. case to be investigated tomorrow at pp
NOTIFICATION TO PUERTO PLATA COURT

ITS RECENTLY COME TO MY ATTENTION.
That property in Punta Rucia that the courts both ,in Isabella a and Puerto Plata .have recognised belongs to me. MARLON RICHARD BROWNE.
with the issuing of letters of protection against Victor sanchez, and his sons, forbidding them to interfere with my property ,
or locks on the property, but have continued to harass me..
IS ABOUT TO BE SOLD! WITHOUT MY CONSENT!!!!
i also have a certificate from puerto plata court signed by Victor Sanchez, in march 2011, that acknowledges my ownership and possession. and a court ruling that the locks on the property belong to me.
these court rulings have been blatantly ignored by Victor Sanchez and his sons. who have continued to harass me by defacing my painted name signs on the rocks and trees of the property, AND REMOVING THEM FROM THE PROPERTY.
UNDER COVER OF DARKNESS,
and continued cutting off my locks.
I have discovered plans for Victor Sanchez to illegally sell the property in question, in collusion with PUNTA RUCIA LAND OWNERS ASSOCIATION.
and keep most of the proceeds for themselves, while informing my interpreter. they intended giving a small amount of the proceeds to me.
EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE BEEN GIVEN COPIES OF COURT RULINGS IN MY FAVOUR.
stateing Victor Sanchez and Oscar Ovido Gomez have no property rights what so ever to the property in question..
aparently INTENDING TO SELL ,to one KOOKI SILVERIO . THROUGH HIS AGENT AND EMPLOYEE GREGORIO DOMINGUEZ. and the company named FRANASIL.
This man Gregorio Dominguez currently WHO HAS ALSO SUBMITTED FAKE DOCUMENTS to THE COURT CLAIMING HE IS THE OWNNER OF THE PROPERTY AS WELL AS VICTOR SANCHEZ, BUT HAS NO COURT RULING IN HIS FAVOUR ONLY SHOWING A PHOTO COPY THAtT HAS COLINDANTES THAT DO NOT MATCH THE PROPERTY IN QUESTION.
, He has a pending penal case against him, from january 2012, for theft ,and the illegal attempt at taking possesion of my property, with unlawfull violence and the support of privately employed , and armed policemen , FROM ISABELLA POLICE STATION. ,who acted out of uniform, in an act of terrorism, with the attempt of an illegal arrest of a law abiding citizen.
THOUGH THE 4 MEN FAILED IN THEIR ATTEMPT AT ARRESTING ME ,
As they had no official authority to empower them .
THEY CAME BACK UNDER COVER OF DARKNESS ,to take part in the
theft and illegal destruction of my private property, including tents and camping equipment as i was at the time living on the property behind locked gates and barbed wire. as well as my own construction eqipment and tools and water tanks.
but had no authority from the station commander, or any official body to carry out these actions.
my property has government authority for a water cistern and and an 80 square foot dwelling , to be constructed. BY ME, MARLON RICHARD BROWNE.! with official permits!
the case against GREGORIO DOMINGUEZ, has been DELIBERATELY delayed by my own lawyers # 5 named LUIS PAEZ of Sosua. and # 6 OSVALDO ECHAVARRIA. ALL HAVE BEEN FOUND TO BE ACTING AGAINST MY BEST INTERESTS, even though they were employed by me. the # 6 OSVALDO ECHAVARRIA ,RECENTLY DISAPPEARED WITH MY CASE PAPERS AGAINST DOMIINGUEZ,
LEAVING HIS OFFICE EMPTY, AND HE HAS REFUSED, TO ANSWER HIS PHONE OR RESPOND TO EMAIL CONTACTS, FROM ME.!
I HAD TO EMPLOY A PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR TO FIND WHERE HE WAS LIVING, IN ORDER ,TO TAKE HIM TO THE COLLEGE OF LAWYER TO FORCE THE RETURN OF MY CASE DOCUMENTS. AND REFUND THE MONEY PAID TO MAKE THE ACCUSATION AGAINST DOMINGUEZ.
WHICH HE REFUSED TO DO. THIS HEARING AT SANTA DOMINGO IS 25 JULY 2012.AT 3 PM.
It appears very obvious these lawyers have been biased against me ,to help dominguez, and his mafiosa connections.
even the judge IN MY CASE against Dominguez, organised my main witness Paula Sanchez to appear on the same day, she planned to leave the country. which is ridiculous and unacceptable. even though the judge AND LUIS PAEZ lawyer #5 was notified several months earlier. of the flight date.
This unreasonable action prompted a complaint against the judge YAKAYUA VERAS. AND LUIS PAEZ. submitted to the supreme court. 17- 5 -2012 date. from me,
And a request for a different judge to hear the case against Dominguez.
THERE ARE SERIOUS POLITICAL FORCES AT WORK MANIPULATING THE TRIBUNAL SYSTEM.!!!!!! IN PUERTO PLATA COURT .
IT NEEDS TO BE MODERNISED TO END THE CORRUPTION OF LAW AND TRUTH,

during investigations a man named FRANCISCO DOMINGUEZ BRITO WAS FOUND TO BE CONNECTED TO THE FRANASIL COMPANY.
AND COINCIDENTLY [MAYBE!!!!!]
, HIS OWN BROTHER WAS WORKING IN THE COLLEGE OF LAWYERS LAST YEAR, SUPERVISING MY CASE, WHEN I TOOK MY FIRST TWO LAWYERS. EMILE JOSE CRUZ, OF LUPERON, AND jUANA BATISTA FROM BRUGAL AND ASSOCIATES PUERTO PLATA. TO THE COLLEGE OF LAWYERS IN SANTA DOMINGO. WITH EVIDENCE OF THEM ACTING AGAINST THERE OWN CLIENTS BEST INTERESTS. ME!!!!

NOW IT MAKES SENSE TO ME ,WHY THE COLLEGE OF LAWYERS FOUND NO FAULT IN THEIR ACTS AGAINST MY BEST INTERESTS. .AND TOOK 6 MONTHS AFTER THE CASE WAS OVER TO NOTIFY ME OF ITS FINDINGS.
OBVIOUSLY THIS COMPANY FRANASIL HAVE BEEN PULLING POLITICAL STRINGS FOR THE LAST 4 YEARS WHILE MANIPULATING THE LEGAL SYSTEM AGAINST ME ,PLANNING THEIR OWN FINANCIAL GAIN, AT MY EXPENSE..

I THEREFORE INSIST THE COURT AUTHORITIES OF PUERTO PLATA, TAKE ACTION AGAINST THESE PARTIES ACTING UNLAWFULLY AND ILLEGALLY. BEFORE A CONTRACT IS SIGNED OR MONEYS PAID. FOR THE SALE OF PROPERTY OWNED BY ME,!!!!
IF NOT, PUERTO PLATA COURT AUTHORITY WILL ITSELF BE GUILTY OF SUPPORTING A FRAUDULENT ACT WITH POLITICAL CORRUPTION INVOLVED.
AND MAY BE SUED BY A HIGHER COURT IN SANTA DOMINGO FOR 10 000 000 PESOS,
ALONG WITH PUNTA RUSIA LAND OWNERS ASSOCIATION 10 000 000 PESOS.
AND FRANASIL 10 000 000 PESOS
KOOKI SILVERIO 10 000 000 PESOS.
VICTOR SANCHEZ 5 000 000 PESOS.
GREGORIO DOMINGUEZ 5 000 000 PESOS
AND OSVALDO ECHAVARRIO 5 000 000 PASOS
NOT FORGETING JOSA A HERNANDEZ 5 000 000 PASOS
JUANA BATISTA OF BRUGAL ASSOCIATES 5 000 000 PESOS
AND EMILE JOSE CRUZ CABRERA OF LUPERON 5 000 000 PESOS
SIGNED MARLON BROWNE .
LUPERON .
MARINA TROPICAL

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
this does not surprise me, corruption over land title is abundant on the North Coast of the DR. It has happened to us, the most common one being land sold that does not belong to the seller.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
So quick question...does the OP have a Deslinde of this property? If not then this may all be in vain as it doesn't sound anyone has a clear title of this land.

mr bill

Apr 5, 2010
Open letter to the dominican justice department .................. And the general public.

We live in a country, that is widely recognised as having one of the most corrupt legal systems in the world.
Its blatantly obvious major changes must be made to the dominican legal system, if there is to be hope of truth and justice prevailing against the criminal element, that seeks to have control of the country, unopposed by law and order.
Its a known fact,
the definition of insanity, is the repetition of similar actions, but each time expecting a different result.

Since the purchase of my property in punta rucia in april 2008.
I've employed a succession of at least 6 lawyers to defend my rights of ownership.
They all take payment, to start a case, then begin to act suspiciously , unreasonably, and deceitfully ,till eventually their duplicity is so obvious , their employment has to be terminated, to escape from insanity.

Under dominican law their appears to be no opposition to corruption by lawyers, or punishment for having a conflict of interest .
There is a college of lawyers that is supposed to police the actions of lawyers at santa domingo .near the river and condi street, in the colonial district.
But in my experience that to is open to corruption.
In my first case there, with my first two lawyers. The supervisor of my case was the brother and cousin of the people who were recently exposed, to be acting illegally , in the attempt of taking of my property using privately paid, and armed out of uniform police,. From isabella police station in a failed arrest attempt that had no official authorisation.
Then there was a deliberate delay of 6 months after the case was closed before i was given a report, by the obviously ashamed fiscal , stating ,they found no wrong doing by the lawyers actions.
In addition to this , the officials at puerto plata court had refused to give me needed evidence before the case started,
telling me only my lawyer could get that information,
i should ask him to get it for me.
That was my first experience with the college of lawyers.
I have a second case against my last lawyer, who disappeared from his office and the town taking my case papers with him after being paid to make an accusation against the illegal actions of the police and dominguez people who smashed up my construction, and stole my tools and camping equipment, while i was living and working on my lawfully owned property currently in my possession at punta rucia.
I have a new case at santa domingo on the 25th of july .
Seeking the enforced return of the stolen case papers .from my sacked current lawyer.

There is an anti corruption department in santa domingo near the supreme court building. Who reluctantly listen to complaints, but who wont give any official recognition of a complaint,
so you never know if they are helping you or reporting you as a trouble maker. Or just ignoring the complaint.

So during the investigation of this mysterious company named franasil or franasyl.. Who appears to be associated with or controlling the mafiosi.

I interviewed a drunken young man who would not revealed his real name, but said he was known as scare face in the gang. He was the brother in law of the gang boss he claimed, who was married to his sister.
Winston romero. Was the boss name, and they now have at least 50 members.
Including fiscals ,judges , and lawyers ,and also some government ministers.
Scar face continued to boast , one day his gang would be more famous and powerful than trujillo.

With this in mind.
I do not wish to be considered insane.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so i therefore demand to be allowed to represent myself in any future cases
concerning the defence of my property and my legal rights in the dominican courts,
thereby avoiding the opportunity for my enemies ,to pay my own defence to act against my best interests.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sincerly
marlon richard browne.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Ever occur to you that the OP could be wrong and maybe, just maybe, not telling the entire story?

My wife has been a friend of Francisco Dominguez Brito and his family for many, many years. I have met the man on several occasions, and have consulted with his law firm. He is a very honest and honorable lawyer and is the current Minister of Labor.

Cobraboy,

I respect you highly and I am going to say this in the best way possible and nothing is personal but....
Why do YOU and certain other members on this board think that because YOU or someone in your wife's/cousin's/uncle's/son's family knows someone for years that the person cannot be corrupt and evil?
I get really sick of hearing "MY wife has been a friend of......blah,blah,blah" so is that supposed to mean that the person could not have possibly done it?

On the news last night there were people speaking that knew the idiot who caused the massacre yesterday in Colorado speaking about how he was so nice and such a good young man...people who have known him for years.

There are people who know me professionally through my organization, and work and will deny that any curse word would ever come out of my mouth. You could show them my meanest post on this forum and even with my name printed at the end of it, they will not believe you.

This is sad because it makes it very easy to be enga?ado. Please, when people are going through something, whether it seems to you to be true or not, do not undermine them by suggesting that it could not be possible because you or your wife "have been friends with" the person for years. You could be surprised in the end.

Everyone is capable of things that you wouldn't think that they would do, even the person you sleep with at night.

Damn, it is awful what is happening to this man....but we shouldn't believe him cuz your wife is friends with so and so and HE wouldn't do anything like that, right?

SHALENA

mr bill

Apr 5, 2010
emilio we now have a crazy situation reguarding my Punta Rusia property.
I took a copy of my open letter to the court authorities a couple of weeks ago, i went into every department on every floor trying to get it accepted by the puerto plata court authorities.
Eventually in the fiscals section , i got it read and accepted by Elvis Garcia ,the senior fiscal. he agreed to help investigate the matter.
I've been hearing reports from the locals in Punta Rucia ,about the illegal sale of my property involving THE company FRANASYL, with Victor Sanchez, Gregorio Dominguez, Winston Romaro, Arnulfo Vasqez, my own lawyer Osvaldo Echaveria
{ lawyer no 6 who recently disappeared with my court papers ,who last week was ordered to give them back to me and refund the money he received from me, by the college of lawyers, but has failed to do as he promised,}
In collusion with the punta Russia association,
To Kuki Sylverio of puerto Plata. with the help of illegal documents.!
Elvis Garcia wrote a citation for VIctor Sanchez to appear in court.
he refused to appear twice, but came the third time with an arrest warrant.
Elvis then said he would speak to the president of the association.
but victor Sanchez gave the name of the wrong president, the one who had been sacked for corruption and ilegal collusion with Dominguez . who happens to be a friend of Victor Sanchez.
The sacked president did appear at the fiscal office, bringing with him Gregorio dominguez, his lawyer Arnulfo Vasqez my sacked lawyer Osvaldo Echaveria, and other mafia members all talking at once, making a fiasco of the hearing.
Elvis asked me what he should do,
I told him get rid of these mafiosi morons and bring in the real president.
so Elvis then wrote a citation for the real president of the association to come in for interview.
I delivered this Via, the aguacil at Isabella. but new president , Carlos Manuel Felix, refused to attend as ordered..
Elvis then wrote an arrest warrant for him, which i delivered in person to the isabella police.

you should remember the police at Isabella station, were involved in an illegal arrest attempt of me,!!!
in january with out of uniform armed men coming to my lawful owned property which had its gate locked.
With Dominguez and Winston Romaro, they used gun threats and violence against me , to try to illegally evict me, which the 4 of them failed to do. but they came back when i was off site to steal my camping equipment 2 tents, and tools and building equipment ,and smash up my two construction projects. with no paper at all but claiming they had permission from the court.
One month later they did produce papers when requested by the court, my lawyer no 5 Luis Paez had them investigated in the land court ,or so he told me and found the papers Dominguez submitted were good,
I recently had the land court investigate Dominguez papers for me,
The investigator quickly found evidence the papers Dominguez submitted, had no valid reason to be used against me even though they were dated 2 years before mine, because they were clearly related to a completely diferant area of property, even if the photo copy was
genuine, but she said is probably fake.
so i do have evidence the Isabella police are illegally connected to Dominguez.

so i gave the arrest warrant for , Carlos Manuel felix, to the police and the went of to arrest him , or so they said.
But they soon returned to Isabella station to report. he had moved to Monty Christy, and were unable to catch him.
The police were obviously lying to me. and i told them this. they just went away thinking this was the end of the matter,
But i told them next day I would go to punta RUssia to investigate myself.
I went with my interpreter, we soon found his house which he still lived in with his family,
And he still attended the weekly association meetings as President. .
I took photos of his house and videos' of him at the association meeting on saturday. which i showed to the police,
they agreed to return to arrest him the next day on the sunday, but said i should go with them. and be at the station at 8 .30 AM. TOMORROW.
I was there as agreed. at 8#30 am but was told the car had left allready.
I followed on my motorbike trying to catch up..
when i arrived in Punta russia i found Felix in the centre of the village in the public meeting house.
we said hello ,shook hands and i Explained to him the police were coming to take him for a meeting with the fiscal.
he said that was ok with him, but wanted the other association members with him for his own safety.
anyway after a lot of lies and bull**** ,the police failed to show again.
but eventually promised they would deal with the matter monday morning,
I was ok with this as i had a meeting planned at 11 am in pp court, with Osvaldo. who had promised to appear and return the money, he was ordered to repay.
He never showed up , and neither did Isabella police. all of them blatant Liers.

I reported the developments to Elvis Garcia, he showed no interest whatsoever,
saying he writes the arrest warrants,
but it,s up to the police to enforce them, even if they need to go to monty cristy, to fetch the guy.

So it seems the Isabella police are afraid to have there involvement with Dominguez confirmed in court.
And the association is afraid to discuss collusion with Victor Sanchez in court.
And Elvis Garcia is afraid to insist on the enforcement of his own arrest warrants.

so who is really in authority in the courts the mafiosi gang headed by Franasil. with a few corrupt policemen. and a few corrupt judges,
and a few corrupt lawyers ,and a few corrupt ministers.??????

Or are these bad ones a small minority in a country of good people.??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
surely the anti corruption department must have a solution to this problem.
do i still own the property i have several, court judgements , confirming my ownership to.,
and government documents confirming my right to construct a dwelling on the property.
or have mafiosa overruled the courts desisions.??????????????????????????????????????????????//
i need to know the answer to this question.!!!

MARLON RICHARD BROWNE.

Bigocean

Nov 25, 2010
So quick question...does the OP have a Deslinde of this property? If not then this may all be in vain as it doesn't sound anyone has a clear title of this land.

Mr. Bill, Suarezn has wisely given you the direction to take. Since nobody apparently has a deslinde on the property, I would guess it would be better to expend your energy and money in the deslinde process for the property and through that court process you can establish your ownership. It sounds like you are not going to accomplish very much the way it is going now.

Never buy property without a deslinde unless you have a huge appetite for problems.

Domphil

Dec 16, 2011
Professional law firm

Mr. Bill, Suarezn has wisely given you the direction to take. Since nobody apparently has a deslinde on the property, I would guess it would be better to expend your energy and money in the deslinde process for the property and through that court process you can establish your ownership. It sounds like you are not going to accomplish very much the way it is going now.

Never buy property without a deslinde unless you have a huge appetite for problems.

I recently purchased a condo at Marbella in Juan Dolio and after reading DR 1 I chose Dr Fabio Guzman to represent me I can truly say my experience with Fabio Guzman was excellent and I wil highly recommend this firm. My level of comfort in living in the D R has increased dramatically now that I have access to a lawyer I trust. This is my first post after years of reading DR1 Just wanted to thank Dr Guzman publicly

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I recently purchased a condo at Marbella in Juan Dolio and after reading DR 1 I chose Dr Fabio Guzman to represent me I can truly say my experience with Fabio Guzman was excellent and I wil highly recommend this firm. My level of comfort in living in the D R has increased dramatically now that I have access to a lawyer I trust. This is my first post after years of reading DR1 Just wanted to thank Dr Guzman publicly

Glad to hear...

I have lost count how many times I have heard stories of people using idiot lawyers to save a few $$$, only to cost them a lot more in the long run. Plus the complete lack of peace of mind etc.

Some new expats and people needing a law firm in the DR need to wake up and actually listen to the advice that is freely given to them and experiences of others on DR1, instead of the "know it all" approach some DR newbies take.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002

I'm glad you came out of the closet to post your experience. No question that having a law firm you can trust makes a big difference in your comfort level.

Over the years, there have been many horror stories posted by people whose idea of a good lawyer was a cheap price. That is fine until you go to renew your residency and find what you have in your hand is not legally acquired, or you buy property only to find that others have bought the same parcel or their is lien on the property, etc.

When I first arrived in the country in 1986 and found a waterfront lot I was interested in, I asked around to know what lawyer to use. Fortunately, i was steered to Guzman and away from local lawyers. I know now how fortunate I was to get that advice.