Let sankies breath deeply

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Sorry but wrong!

Ken said:
No. Spelled hueles, pronounced WAYlays
Actually Ken, "oles" is used. Not by Dominicans, but it's used.

I have an Argentine friend who, after finishing Karate class, would tell one of our friends, "vos oles mal".

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Musicqueen said:
Why would anyone HAVE to be rude to anyone? A simple SOY CASADA, or NO ME INTERESA...should be enough...

My first language is Spanish as you know, and I've never had to tell them more than once if I didn't want to be bothered...Why wouldn't you want to have a conversation with another human being? You might learn something from a different culture... ;)

But that's just me...my momma always told me 'if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all'...

So...I'm just gonna shut up now...

MQ

I agree totally with the "not being rude theory", especially since YOU are in THEIR country, and was raised with the same principles...but I honestly dont find saying "soy casada" works. Just be polite and move along...by sticking around, you allow yourself to become a target/victim. If you are mono-syllabic and dont engage in conversation...remember, actions speak louder than words!;)

Mar 21, 2002
You're on the right track.

palomitamia said:
Hi everyone,

in fact, it is not that hard. It would be a big mistake telling them about your family situation because they couldn't care less. Especially if you tell them that you are married and got kids...that just starts a conversation.

Well, I just learned couple of words;)

-no quiero hablar con tigo

-oles mal (is that right?)

-vete al carajo

LOL, vete al carajo with a stern look will get them running away from you most certainly. They'll think you're psychotic. I have never heard a dominicana say this, so it must work.

Also the silent treatment. No eye contact or verbal contact. Act as if they are not there. If they insist, get up and go away. If they continue insisting, then use the "vete al carajo" with anger in your voice. I doubt there will be any sankies within 10 miles of you after that.

Very good, Bistec de Palomilla.

drloca, being polite to a dominican male much less a sankie is taken as a veiled invitation. Palomilla has got it right, a well said "vete al carajo" with all its rudeness will make the point clear. An assertive appeal will squash their intentions. Politeness will be interpreted as weakness which is what these sankies try to exploit to their advantage. They pick it up as blood to a shark.

Last edited:

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Onions&carrots said:
LOL, vete al carajo with a stern look will get them running away from you most certainly. They'll think you're psychotic. I have never heard a dominicana say this, so it must work.

Also the silent treatment. No eye contact or verbal contact. Act as if they are not there. If they insist, get up and go away. If they continue insisting, then use the "vete al carajo" with anger in your voice. I doubt there will be any sankies within 10 miles of you after that.

drloca, being polite to a dominican male much less a sankie is taken as a veiled invitation. Palomilla has got it right, a well said "vete al carajo" with all its rudeness will make the point clear. An assertive appeal will squash their intentions. Politeness will be interpreted as weakness which is what these sankies try to exploit to their advantage. They pick it up as blood to a shark.

That is why I said..."and move along". Not to stick around after, trust me I know these mother#$%^ and there games a mile away...have never bought a sankies lines or tales of woe!!!;) Usually the being polite will include a twist of sarcasm .

palomitamia

Nov 13, 2005
Onions&carrots said:
LOL, vete al carajo with a stern look will get them running away from you most certainly. They'll think you're psychotic.

oh, marvellous!

Onions&carrots said:
I have never heard a dominicana say this, so it must work.

well, not allways but it does in some cases. some of them are really clingy:ermm:

Onions&carrots said:
Also the silent treatment. No eye contact or verbal contact. Act as if they are not there. If they insist, get up and go away.

I don't like doing that, THEY should go away!;)

Onions&carrots said:
If they continue insisting, then use the "vete al carajo" with anger in your voice. I doubt there will be any sankies within 10 miles of you after that.

haha, it's not that easy. some of them try to start a conversation anyway, something like: "wow, your spanish is quite good" or "oh, I can undrrrrrrrrrstand you verrry well but its harrrd forrrme you know because yourrr so butifulll"

Onions&carrots said:

why did you change my nick and what does palomilla mean?

Onions&carrots said:

that is true. they like it very much when you are rude to them: they never get offended because they know their own intentions very well.

machos are the biggest turn off for me.

cheerio,

palomita;)

Mar 21, 2002
palomitamia said:
why did you change my nick and what does palomilla mean?

machos are the biggest turn off for me.

cheerio,

palomita;)

Palomilla is a nocturnal butterfly. Bistec de Palomilla is a thin cut spread out like a butterfly. You have a cute name- my little pigeon. Palomita and Palomilla. Its just the T changed for LL. Just being funny.

Sankies = Machismo minded dunces.

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
I dont....

palomitamia said:
Hi everyone,

in fact, it is not that hard. It would be a big mistake telling them about your family situation because they couldn't care less. Especially if you tell them that you are married and got kids...that just starts a conversation.

Well, I just learned couple of words;)

-no quiero hablar con tigo

-oles mal (is that right?)

-vete al carajo

That doesn't always help to keep them far away from you but it does most of the times.

I don't understand how people can believe them anyway because all their mentiras are so OBVIOUS! but that's just me.

cheers, palomita

see how this will accomplish much else then you being called a royal bitch and then possibly having your drinks spit in......

Let me tell you something about these resorts, although there are a bunch of sankies there, in the end, all the workers are unified cause they are all there trying to make a buck, and if you insult in the way u just stated, he will get the word around to the staff about what a bitch u are and your stay wont be all that nice.

BESIDES, who says you have to be an animal towards someone. I could NEVER tell anyone those mean spirited things..... thats just plain MEAN

How about a simple "no me interesas" if they are hitting on you, otherwise if they are being nice, smile, be nice back and keep it moving.

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
Onions&carrots said:

Dont be silly, come on now. I have MANY times been polite and basically let them know "oh come on dude, please get outta here with them lines " and laughed along... they laugh back and NEVER try BS'ing me again.

ITS THAT simple, anything u say u can say with authority and letting them know u know whats up. Sending someone para el carajo is not polite, its not appropriate, its TACKY and shows that u have no character that you have to resort to screaming at someone to get your point across

LAME

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
I think the name of this thread is stupid.:tired:

There is no need to be rude to anyone.

palomitamia

Nov 13, 2005
lalla said:
see how this will accomplish much else then you being called a royal bitch and then possibly having your drinks spit in......

Let me tell you something about these resorts, although there are a bunch of sankies there, in the end, all the workers are unified cause they are all there trying to make a buck, and if you insult in the way u just stated, he will get the word around to the staff about what a bitch u are and your stay wont be all that nice.

this is all a very well known fact. you find out all those things after the first 2 days in a resort. I wasn't talking about a resort worker. There are lots of strange guys on the beach who don't leave you alone.

lalla said:
BESIDES, who says you have to be an animal towards someone. I could NEVER tell anyone those mean spirited things

i love animals! the only things I want when I'm on holidays are: peace and quiet and if someone comes to me with that dirty look on his face and asks me whether I'ld like to spend the night with him then he gets what he was asking for: if it doesn't work with ignoring then with 1 or2 very short words.

lalla said:
..... thats just plain MEAN

I don't think so.

lalla said:
How about a simple "no me interesas" if they are hitting on you, otherwise if they are being nice, smile, be nice back and keep it moving.

hahahaha, how funny is that, are you trying to teach me?

just relax and pay attention:

I never use those lines if it isn't REALLY necessary. On my first visit to DR that is exactly what I did: always smiled back. now I do the same+use the "magic words" if necessary. the funny thing is: they love it;)

when you tell them that you want to be left alone or "vete" they suddenly start a conversation like "oh, i know what you mean".......oh dear, sometimes it is REALLY hard to get rid of them:squareeye

palomitamia

Nov 13, 2005
lalla said:
Dont be silly, come on now. I have MANY times been polite and basically let them know "oh come on dude, please get outta here with them lines " and laughed along... they laugh back and NEVER try BS'ing me again.

ITS THAT simple, anything u say u can say with authority and letting them know u know whats up. Sending someone para el carajo is not polite, its not appropriate, its TACKY and shows that u have no character that you have to resort to screaming at someone to get your point across

LAME

wow, this is just too serious. sounds very screwed up to me. no one is screaming, there are some people who go to dr not for sex, just for relaxing on the beach, that's all.

you sound like a teacher. all the best.
palomita

palomitamia

Nov 13, 2005
Onions&carrots said:
Palomilla is a nocturnal butterfly. Bistec de Palomilla is a thin cut spread out like a butterfly. You have a cute name- my little pigeon. Palomita and Palomilla. Its just the T changed for LL. Just being funny.

Sankies = Machismo minded dunces.

aha, now I know, thanks for explaining it to me;)

and:

absolutely.

buenas noches cebollas&zanahorias

palomita

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
palomitamia said:
...if someone comes to me with that dirty look on his face and asks me whether I'ld like to spend the night with him

How do you go from someone saying hello to you to someone giving you dirty looks and asking to spend the night with him???

Girl...you must get your head on straight...either you think TOO much of yourself or you have encountered another rare species in DR...

I'd never heard of such a thing...it takes them a while talking a lot of bs to come to the "sleep with me" part!!! Usually by the time they get around to saying those words, the girl is ALREADY almost naked!!!

MQ

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
palomitamia said:
wow, this is just too serious. sounds very screwed up to me. no one is screaming, there are some people who go to dr not for sex, just for relaxing on the beach, that's all.

you sound like a teacher. all the best.
palomita

and you my dear, sound like a chicken.......

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
palomitamia said:
this is all a very well known fact. you find out all those things after the first 2 days in a resort. I wasn't talking about a resort worker. There are lots of strange guys on the beach who don't leave you alone.

i love animals! the only things I want when I'm on holidays are: peace and quiet and if someone comes to me with that dirty look on his face and asks me whether I'ld like to spend the night with him then he gets what he was asking for: if it doesn't work with ignoring then with 1 or2 very short words.

just relax and pay attention:

I never use those lines if it isn't REALLY necessary. On my first visit to DR that is exactly what I did: always smiled back. now I do the same+use the "magic words" if necessary. the funny thing is: they love it;)

when you tell them that you want to be left alone or "vete" they suddenly start a conversation like "oh, i know what you mean".......oh dear, sometimes it is REALLY hard to get rid of them:squareeye

either your the hottest gringa that has ever step foot in DR, or your walkng around looking like a big ole "welcome all"... cuz the last i checked NO man, not even the lowliest sanky will just come and ask for sex....

you went from "they bother, flirt too much", to coming up to u and being this aggressive....

NOW YOU SHUT UP AND PAY ATTENTION:

IF you dont walk around with a bullseye on your back, they wont use you for target practice...... so stop walking around like a chiva and they will leave you alone.

palomitamia

Nov 13, 2005
let them talk

this is too funny:cheeky:

hope you are enjoying this polite conversation, hahahaha

all the best.

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
palomitamia said:
this is too funny:cheeky:

hope you are enjoying this polite conversation, hahahaha

all the best.

You have to look at the number of posts these ladies have, don't you think they've been around long enough to know what's going on here.

You've got to listen.:tired:

amanacer

Dec 29, 2005
Lalla it is different for you. You are Dominicana. They know you know! If they are not sure, after one line they know you know.
For foreign girls it s very different, they assume we don't know, are easy and all that. True some are but most really come for a beach just don't advertise it later on any websites.

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
But

amanacer said:
Lalla it is different for you. You are Dominicana. They know you know! If they are not sure, after one line they know you know.
For foreign girls it s very different, they assume we don't know, are easy and all that. True some are but most really come for a beach just don't advertise it later on any websites.

The problem is that this happens because there have been a handful that go there and behave as if they have never been left out of their house!! They have the mentality that they can get down and dirty cause they are far from home....and indeed they get dirty.
PROBLEM with that is that then they complain when they fall for these one line spewing con artists. Then they cry and moan that those damn dominicans are dogs..... its amazing that they think they KNOW a man and that they are SOUL MATES after a two week vacation.

If a foreign girl goes there, sitting at the beach with her girlfriends, they are of course going to approach and TRY- but its all about how you come across, how you give them ur message. I GUARANTEE U, that even the most persistant sankie will back off when he realises that this chick isnt going to give him the time of day- he's not going to spend precious time TRYING to sell u a story when there are different gals pouring into the resort daily. They move on quickly unless they see that there really is a potential for a hit where he is.......

pay attention thats all