LGBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
There are women from Mars and men from Venus. ;)

As there are men from Mars and women from Venus.
Most people are comfortable in their own skin gay or straight
so I for one I'm glad Dominican culture is holding firm and refusing
to let these SJW's force feed them their liberal bs.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I really don't get it!
I come from a Country where Sexual Orientation is an individual choice.
And, I support that fact of life fully.

As per previous posts Dr1 already has LGBTQ people posting.
Here is where I get into big CACA!

Why would LGBTQ people want to discuss matters of their orientation on a public forum?

Anymore than I would want to discuss my mixed race on a public forum.

It is my freaking business, and only gets discussed when there is a relevant post or issue.

DR1 has a Ladies Only Forum and I respect that!
I did notice that after the subject was proposed there were an unusual amount of ''Gay Jokes'' posted.
Maybe there is a hidden message in that!

WE are who we are and that is the end of our particular design.
I had no choice who I am ; but I did choose to come to RD.

The RD is not as tolerant towards LGBTQ people as one may think......

Yes and there are many people who live on the fringes of the LGBTQ lifestyle ; as there are those who condone ''Swinging Bonobo Lifestyles'' but we do not see them asking to be more noticeable than others.

Foot in mouth mind in neutral ! Thats me for this post.

Maybe I am too far removed to appreciate the impact of the recognition of every orientation ; ie. Singles only Post; Over 55 only posts; Rum drinkers only posts; residents only posts; and so on.

Gay people are Gay people and that is it.

I am who I am, and that is it.

However I do not agree with any change of the forum Dr1 which focuses upon the ''SExual Orientation of others'' that is private and should be kept private.....
I discussed this with friends whom are LGBTQ Rainbow orientated.... they agree with me.

Maybe those LGBTQ people who think they should have Dr1 Social Media start a new Forum not connected to DR1 for themselves.
To create the Dr1 LGBTQ forum is asking for those who are ''Gay Bashing Orientated'' people to join the forum and Robert will have to hire dozens of people just to keep it clean...
Try to be a little more realistic in your expectations and enjoy who you are in your own Community and world. OUCH!

What the Fc**k do I know anyway.
Well, I am off to the Airport and destinations outside RD.
Have a good day.
Well that is my opinion anyway.

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015

I always felt we should update this acronym to something like HUMAN. Maybe go all in on gender, race, etc. and then just define civil rights for, well, everybody. If it doesn't apply to everybody, than out it goes.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I really don't get it!

Why would LGBTQ people want to discuss matters of their orientation on a public forum?

It is my freaking business, and only gets discussed when there is a relevant post or issue.

I did notice that after the subject was proposed there were an unusual amount of ''Gay Jokes'' posted.

Yes and there are many people who live on the fringes of the LGBTQ lifestyle ; as there are those who condone ''Swinging Bonobo Lifestyles'' but we do not see them asking to be more noticeable than others.

Maybe I am too far removed to appreciate the impact of the recognition of every orientation ; ie. Singles only Post; Over 55 only posts; Rum drinkers only posts; residents only posts; and so on.

However I do not agree with any change of the forum Dr1 which focuses upon the ''SExual Orientation of others'' that is private and should be kept private.....
I discussed this with friends whom are LGBTQ Rainbow orientated.... they agree with me.

Maybe those LGBTQ people who think they should have Dr1 Social Media start a new Forum not connected to DR1 for themselves.
To create the Dr1 LGBTQ forum is asking for those who are ''Gay Bashing Orientated'' people to join the forum and Robert will have to hire dozens of people just to keep it clean...
Try to be a little more realistic in your expectations and enjoy who you are in your own Community and world. OUCH!

Have a good day.

You said it all in the first line of your post. "I really don't get it." I think that sums it up.

ljmesg

Aug 6, 2017
So can you actually change your biologically given sex from male to female or female to male or is this just pretending to be the opposite sex either through operation, medication or the like?

Is it actually "sex change" or just "pretending?"

I never understood this.

affald

May 17, 2004
Unfortunately the internet has made the abnormal normal by allowing the mob mentality to flourish.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
So can you actually change your biologically given sex from male to female or female to male or is this just pretending to be the opposite sex either through operation, medication or the like?

Is it actually "sex change" or just "pretending?"

I never understood this.

Don't worry I'm pretty sure that there are many who don't understand this. ;)

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I really don't get it!

Have a good day.

To me this demonstrates quite perfectly why we could do with an LGBTQ forum on DR1. We wouldn't ask or need everyone who doesn't understand or "get it" to visit or to participate, but it would be nice to have a space where those of us who were born differently could discuss matters that affect us.

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
Where the hell is Harleysrock whatever his gender identity is in this conflab???

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
I don't get it, and I'm not trying to be snark.
Why all of the sudden must there be a separate label for LGBT everywhere?  So what if your gay, bi, tri, or whatever?  If you want inclusion and equality wouldn't it be better to stop trying to organize your orientation as a special classification. Just jump in and join the fray, speak openly and comment as an independent person. I don't see sub-forums for fly fisherman, diabetics, Irish Americans or garden enthusiasts - yet although all of those interests probably exist on this forum. It just seems counter intuitive to demand special classification for your sexual orientation while demanding equality. 

Until you're actually on the outside of what is considered "mainstream" you never will. Until a law is enacted that prevents you from marrying the person you love, or preventing you from adopting a child, or some asshole baker decides they won't bake *your* wedding cake, you'll never appreciate it.

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
Until you're actually on the outside of what is considered "mainstream" you never will. Until a law is enacted that prevents you from marrying the person you love, or preventing you from adopting a child, or some asshole baker decides they won't bake *your* wedding cake, you'll never appreciate it.

Maybe, maybe not, but I don't think you'll ever be accepted by taking yourself out of the mainstream. Just be yourself.

As for the baker, plenty of bakers in the world. I'm sure you Can find one that will.

I had a guy that refused to rent to me as my gf and me were not married. Technically, I could have sued him for hard cash, but I just thanked him for being honest. I found a better place the same day.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Maybe, maybe not, but I don't think you'll ever be accepted by taking yourself out of the mainstream. Just be yourself.

As for the baker, plenty of bakers in the world. I'm sure you Can find one that will.

I had a guy that refused to rent to me as my gf and me were not married. Technically, I could have sued him for hard cash, but I just thanked him for being honest. I found a better place the same day.
And your reply reinforces that you don't get it. Being yourself is what prompted the Pink Angels to form to protect gay people from gay bashers. Being yourself got Sandra Bland tossed into a jail cell for a broken taillight.

Sent from my ASUS_Z016D using Tapatalk

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Yet is seems ok for a business not to serve police.

Maybe if all the lgbtdghitfvbgdd35y people would actually fight for free speech and equal rights for ALL, things would be better.

But they want to squash the rights of anyone to the "right" of them!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/1...using-to-serve-uniformed-police-officers.html

Funny, it was hard to find the fox link in the Google results, Yet, cnn was the 1st result.
Rights aren't like a pie; for someone to get more than some deem appropriate doesn't take away from yours, unless you feel it's your right to treat another human like they are less than human. Then yes, you do get curtailed for believing you even had that right in the first place.

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
To me this demonstrates quite perfectly why we could do with an LGBTQ forum on DR1. We wouldn't ask or need everyone who doesn't understand or "get it" to visit or to participate, but it would be nice to have a space where those of us who were born differently could discuss matters that affect us.
Not just those who were born differently but those who have offspring, or other relatives, who were also born differently. They too have experiences,insights and stories to share.

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
And your reply reinforces that you don't get it. Being yourself is what prompted the Pink Angels to form to protect gay people from gay bashers. Being yourself got Sandra Bland tossed into a jail cell for a broken taillight.

This is a public forum. The worst that can happen is that you get trolled and I'd try to be the first to defend you.

I do get it. Ironically, I've been gay bashed myself as I've had many friends come out in my teens and twenties. The prejudice is real and quite dangerous. Ironically, it also comes from repressed sexuality, but that's another subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.