Looking to Hire Expats in Sosua and Cabarete area

Status
Not open for further replies.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
belmont, if some of these outsourcing hoodlums were paying 3 dollars per hour, that would be ok, i guess. the problem is that there are so many of these call centers that pay people less than half of that, it is sinful. paying folks who have taken the time to go to college, and to learn english as a second language, 1.50USD per hour is iniquitous, but par for the course. the usual excuse is " well, it is better than nothing". just barely.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
belmont, if some of these outsourcing hoodlums were paying 3 dollars per hour, that would be ok, i guess. the problem is that there are so many of these call centers that pay people less than half of that, it is sinful. paying folks who have taken the time to go to college, and to learn english as a second language, 1.50USD per hour is iniquitous, but par for the course. the usual excuse is " well, it is better than nothing". just barely.
The call centers are not here to exploit the employees, but to offer them a job at rates the local market dictates. At $1.50/hr, that comes to approx. 10,000 pesos/month plus benefits. That is more than a college trained school teacher or police officer. 78% of Dominican workers earn below RD$15,000, while 61% make less than RD$10,000 (http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/po...housing-a-withering-dream-for-most-Dominicans). Most call centers pay a premium for English speaking reps. That base figure would apply to a Spanish speaking rep. In addition to the base salary, you have to add approx 30% in benefits per the labor law.

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
Ok, Ok, why only sousua y caberete? Internet based anywhere in the world would work right? Even Santo Domingo?

US$3.00, really, I am a laborer working for a Domincian Company and I definatly make much much, more than RD$112.00 per hour.

Another thing, the cost of living is higher here than in the states for expats anyway, unless they are fully Dominicaized, I would hope not.

massiell

Dec 6, 2012
Interested on a job

Hi,

My name is Massiell Almonte, I just got back from the states and Im looking for a job, I wanted some info about the current job available you refer.

Thanks,

Have a good day!

Massiell.almonte@gmail.com

Lahli Tagle

Aug 30, 2015
I am a California native seeking work in Sosua. I have experience in customer service and as a chef. Please let me know if you still have any openings. Thank you

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
OP's last activity was in 2011 so it it safe to say this offer is no longer valid. closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.