Los ni?os re Ranchito Piche, Diego d Ocampo

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Send me your number again via PM. I leave to work Thurs in NYC and will be back next Wed AM.
SHALENA

track

Sep 6, 2008
I've seen el Ranchito de Piche, Diego de Ocampo. They have a K-12 school. It's one of those area that has Million Dollar homes next to wooden ranch.

The "Sindico" Jose Enriques Sued is building one of those home.
They also have a Hotel called Hampton Hills.

El Ranchito is Like Jarabacoa, it's more poor, I will assume that's because the rocky road, But I've seen exponetially worst area in Azua, Pedernales, Montecristy, Dajabon...

This is the link to the location in Google maps.
santiago dominican republic - Google Maps

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Comparing Jarabacoa to Ranchito and Piche, Guazimita, La Loma, la llanada, el congo is not a fair comparison.

As I had said before we are talking about a small amount of kids here and the issues is not necessary money but lack of focus and support.
Rachito is the main town , Piche is a Paraje, la LLanada also.. and the further up you get the more issues and lack of opportunities kids 1-8th grade will have.
I am looking at focusing in elementary schools where 1 classroom has5yearold kids with 17 yearold kids and the teacher does not have the tools or experience on dealing with such limitations.
Track, thnaks for the map.
Since i have deep roots i nthe part ofthe country I choose to help..I know Azua, Pedernales. and other places have needs.
I suggest people like me in those areas do something to make a change.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
absolutely right,
there are many areas with needs and those people there should just move their a$$ to help their neighbours/area there, too, like chola is doing in his living area.
like i wrote you by e-mail, count me in.
Mike

track

Sep 6, 2008
I'm sorry for the comparison, I should of added "climate". It gets very cold in "El Ranchito" Just like Jarabacoa, Isabel de Torre, El Polo, but not as cold as "Racho Guaraga" or "Villa Payon" in Contaza.

I understand. Not an easy ride ( You need a 4x4 jeep )and how the teachers get to work? It's almost impossible. I think the teachers are the one that need a medal. Don't get me wrong, the kids too! But they are sooooo close to Santiago, 15-20 minutes ( I think walking is just as fast ). What they need is a road! Then they could go to a better school. Then again, a bit of help can't hurt. I'll see what I can do.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
The community has done a town hall meeting and made a formal petitions to local and executive branch for reparations to the roads is a 9mile road but nothing has been done yet.
About kids commuting ..well the close school to Ranchito will be the one in los Cocos (San francisco Arriba) and that one is over populated.
Profesor Urena actually walks to school since he is only about 1kilmetor from it.
He lives in the house that has the tourist sign that saids welcome to Gauzimita. where Dominicana the lady the makes the good dulce lives.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
11sz8cp.jpg

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
flata unos cuantos out with the bad flu...
I ma gettign some medicine to take to them
2m6r8nn.jpg
.. el lunes...

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
2wpl444.jpg

school supplies...........
need some uniforms, shoes, a used pc with educational softwares...
some pc speakers....
lets make this a high tech school