Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
whglt1.jpg

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Good Morning DR1 members
We have big project for The elementary school in Piche, Diego d Ocampo
I ma looking for brave souls to help me build a computer room, brand new rest rooms and play yard for this wonderful kids.

I will need some construction advise, building materials, school supplies and I already donate, the basketball court, 3 computers, .We are also looking at creating a small library in Spanish/English for them. I got commitment from 3 English teachers that will donete a total of 10hours of classes per month for this school year.
We are in a short time line we need to be done by the 10th of august.

I ma thinking of the the building to be 30'x12'..to be build using some of the walls of the schools so we can minimize time and cost.

For those that are not in Santiago that would like to send school supplies, pc, head phones etc.. please contact Karina (my wife)
iviskarina@gmail.com
or contact our office 829-5816505.. so we can coordinate shipping.
I am looking at going up to Piche tomorrow afternoon.. I can fit 3 more passengers for the drive..(old truck)might over heat.. so must be brave souls....

Ahh we have 21 register students this year.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Up date
Work started Monday but already delays do to rain.. Latrine is down and we are working on taking down the current old building and selecting the good pieces of Zinc that we will be using to cover the new PC room/libary and bath rooms..
My camera is broken so i cant take pictures.. till i get it back form a place my wife to it to.
I am going up tomorrow morning with a Plomero picking him up at Gas station Momochan in Estrella Sadahal /Ave Jacagua. 8am I can take 2 more adults.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
The project is already asking shape..
today We left a team of 5 men and women working ot level the grounds.
the dimensions fo the library/tech room and bathroom is
230cm x240cm x 940cm
about 25sqm
We need the follwing
1025 6in cemetn blocks
75 bags of grey Portland cement
5 quintales 5/8 re bars
5lb wires (to do the columns and tide the re bards
8 meter of sand
8 meter gravel
150feet 10 gauge electric cable
200 feet cat5 cable
1. 8 port switch
25 sq meter of metal roofing

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
More material
6 4x8x 3/4 in plywood boards for internal separation
8 2x4x16 pine studs
3lb of 3in. nails
5lb of roofing nails
7 computers with monitors, keyboards and mouse
4 wall mounted fans
8 gallons of paint(3acrylic)(oil base 5)
Complete pluming for the 2 toilets and bathroom sink
as i progress nthe project i will add more to the list
I am negotiation with Ferreteria las Antillas in Santiago so we can buy everything thier and they cna take it to the school so we cna safe o nthe trip

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Books for the library
color pencils, note books and all the usable material a school with 20 sometihng students will need
Lateacher you can help make this list please...