Lots going on, but nothing happening

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
double good news within a rare storm tripple on the Atlantic 2009.
Ana is going down, loosing powers, again,
and if she survives the next 24hrs she will not be of big harm for anyplace, most likely parallel the DR southcoast wandering the Caribbean Sea.
the biggest chances are that she will disappear from the screens before tomorrow afternoon.

good news number 2:
Bill,
the bad boy,
even worse than expected in powers and continuously growing up to superpowers, is doing his NW turn and will most likely miss the Isles comletely.
that's perfect, Bill has powers no land could stand, there are great chances that he turns enough to even miss the US east coast and run more northwards due to a low in front of that east coast, good for all sides.
he can be by mid week a strong Cat 3 hurricane, not a nice one to date with.

in case of PC i see the worst scenario would be some winds during tuesday with clouds around and choppy Sea, most likely we will get nothing from Ana.

from Bill it will hopefully run like the models predict, nothing to meet.
happy sunday eve
Mike

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
good news number 2:
Bill,
the bad boy,
even worse than expected in powers and continuously growing up to superpowers, is doing his NW turn and will most likely miss the Isles comletely.
that's perfect, Bill has powers no land could stand, there are great chances that he turns enough to even miss the US east coast and run more northwards due to a low in front of that east coast, good for all sides.
he can be by mid week a strong Cat 3 hurricane, not a nice one to date with.

Am I glad I don't live on Bermuda........

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the mystic triangle comes in mind, he he.
but right,
just 200 miles or even less of distance to the eye of a huge one like Bill may bee in a few days, overall as wide as the whole caribbean Sea, that's not much fun to be there.
Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
TD Ana arrives.
the rain started 9:05AM, the TD passed over PR, should be located somewhere over the Mona Channel now.
til now no wind involved, looks like a straight run on Hispaniola's east coast.
it is moving very fast, so it will hopefully be over fast for a sunny Tueasday.
good timing with your arrival Luis, weather will show a welcome smile on wednesday.
Bill is as big and as bad a storm can be, he will hopefully not decide to visit the islands.
time for a sweep to pay some bills in bavaro. darn rain today.
Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
that's not part of Ana.
the first piece of rain which passed here in the morning is now more northwest, the mainpiece of rain did still not arrive on our side of the channel.
here's a life loop, at the moment around 2hrs delayed, which shows the water and the SAL/Saharan Air Layer.
Anan is around 50 miles further west/NW than shown on the latest fram of the loop.
Mike
Caribbean Water Vapor Imagery - Satellite Services Division

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
you're right Juanita,
the souther tale of that first rainwave reaches down til st dgo, so you have a piece of what passed here this morning.
on the east it was not hard, in cabeza de toro we had 9AM a 20 minutes rain with no winds, it is still dead wind here.
the last couple hours i was driving through bavaro all around, at some spots a lil bit of water came down, a little spraying, no real rain, even the sun came back out several times.
now back in cabeza de toro it is cloudy with no rain and no wind at this moment.
in a few hrs the bigger protion of Ana should arrive and go through quickly.
Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i guess you will get your share, too, a lil bit for everybody, lol.
the system will most likely be destroyed over our mountain ranges, it suffered hard in Puerto Rico and should receive the final punch once ashore on Hispaniola.
it is really dry, dryer than i expected, PR got a share of water and i doubt there will be much left for us which we gladfully share with POP, lol.
on the loop of 12:15PM this noon it appears that the bigger portion of water is located around Saona Island, a less moisture portion is standing right in front of PC.
til now it was a mostly cloudy and also mostly dry day here on the east.
looks like the Capital received more water than we did, til now, ha ha.
Go Capitale?os Go
Mike

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
i guess you will get your share, too, a lil bit for everybody, lol.
the system will most likely be destroyed over our mountain ranges, it suffered hard in Puerto Rico and should receive the final punch once ashore on Hispaniola.
it is really dry, dryer than i expected, PR got a share of water and i doubt there will be much left for us which we gladfully share with POP, lol.
on the loop of 12:15PM this noon it appears that the bigger portion of water is located around Saona Island, a less moisture portion is standing right in front of PC.
til now it was a mostly cloudy and also mostly dry day here on the east.
looks like the Capital received more water than we did, til now, ha ha.
Go Capitale?os Go
Mike

Around noon we had a thunderstorm with heavy rain and strong wind gusts, I thought Ana had arrived ahead of time, but it lasted for about 20 minutes, after that it's been cloudy but no more rain.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Punta Cana is extremely calm, I can even see clear skies towards Bavaro. I'll take this type of storm anytime! lol

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
I remember being 50 miles from the eye of hurricane Dean as it passed - not a drop of rain and not a breath of wind.
I, like all the foreigners, had taken precautions and filled the fridge with booze, stocked up on cigarettes and battened down the hatches - much to the amusement of the locals.
We still managed to drink the beer, so all was not lost.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
All prepared here in Juan Dolio. Just had visit from bomberos saying call them if any problems. And now I see on NHC that Mike was spot on. Ana no longer exists. Just a little trough passing through!!!

Well done Mike!!!

Matilda

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
we did not get any more rain in cabeza de toro neither after the 20 minutes in the morning.
looks on the sat like it passed from here to somewhere NW and now it is anyways just some clouds, Ana dies over Hispaniola.
been a bit cloudy but not too hot nice day today over here, and Big Bill is still on his NW track, let's have fun in paradise like usual
Mike