Main road between Sosua and Cabarete

fifilein

Mar 24, 2011
I was always wondering what happens, when
a) one of your front wheels get's to know a missing gully cover or
b) the front wheel of a moped starers down an open gully

Never really wanted to test it out myself. I admit, it's a bit off-topic as the road between sosua and cabarete doesn't have that problem, you'd need to go to Puerto Plata to enjoy the surprise of that.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
That stretch near chez arsenio is getting worse, I told my driver the taxi drivers should give a moto guy a few pesos and an orange spray paint can and have him mark the big holes. At least they won't destroy there front ends because it will be years before they fix it

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I never imagined I would live long enough to see Windy ask why about anything DR related.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
There is a crew with a truck load of black stuff and a wheel barrow of tar working on the road right now. At this time of writing, there are near the NEXT gas station. Obviously causing chaos with the traffic! Don't get yer hopes up though. They are only patching the potholes, not a proper resurfacing job. But at least it's something eh?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There is a crew with a truck load of black stuff and a wheel barrow of tar working on the road right now. At this time of writing, there are near the NEXT gas station. Obviously causing chaos with the traffic! Don't get yer hopes up though. They are only patching the potholes, not a proper resurfacing job. But at least it's something eh?

Just a few guys doing the work with nobody to direct traffic?

With the bad job they normally do, it will probably not last through a couple of rains.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Maybe it will actually happen and they will put more than 2 or 3 inches down of asphalt. If anyone sees work being done, please post about where it is happening.

2 or 3 inches would be a miracle here. Last time I saw a road repair it was a sprinkle of tar and 1/2 to 1" of asphalt. It lasted about 3 days.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Think of the lives saved by traffic having to slow down for the poor road conditions. When the road was good it was a high speed racetrack loaded with drunk drivers. Its still full of drunk drivers but they go lots slower.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Some slow down. Many go like hell and it makes no difference how awful or dangerous the road.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Gee there must be an election coming up.... you think. What ever repair they do it will have to last 4 more years. It is the one benefit of the elections. We get temporary road improvements :)

Bob K

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
Dominicans do not know how to fix roads. they attempt it but do not have the quality workmanship