Manipulation of Exchange Rate...

project9

May 29, 2004
Oh an another question, can you please share with us the "international formula" for setting the exchange rate ... last time i checked in countries with a free floating exchange rate the rate is set by the market with little intervention from the Central Banks.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
project9 said:
Oh an another question, can you please share with us the "international formula" for setting the exchange rate ... last time i checked in countries with a free floating exchange rate the rate is set by the market with little intervention from the Central Banks.
For everyone's information, MOST small countries peg their currencies to a mayor one.

The Dominican Republic is one of the FEW of small countries who actually FLOATS it againts other currencies, primarily US and Euro since everything the DR wants can be acquired with those monetary units and the countries that have demand for Dominican products use those monetary units as well.

The only other nation that has demand for Dominican products and does not use either the Dollar or the Euro is Haiti and their Gourde is pegged to the Dominican peso, as far as I know.