Men and Women as Friends

loristud

Jul 1, 2002
Heffers?

What a nice way to put it. It's ok though it shows your mentality.
For the record though you are right, I saw that alot of Dominican men went for the big girls, but the reason I believe is because as a rule bigger girls are more insecure and easier to manipulate, hence there is the meal ticket. It is not right, but that is how it is.
Your choice of words could be a little better unless you purposely are trying to offend people. It's not funny.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Lori-The-Stud","Gotcha"!the "Heffer" worked!

You were "taken in"by "Criss Colon"! You obviously don't live in the DR,or know much about the Dominican Culture/Mindset."Fat" girls in the US are more insecure because Americans treat "Overweight" people as 2nd. class citizens!It the DR however I don't know how "Fat" one has to be ,to be considered "Fat"!.It is like the "Big Butt" thing here.How big is Too Big?Dominican men are not looking for "Easy Prey",the like "Mucha Carne"!A Dominican woman of 5'2",185lbs. will go out on the street in shorts,and a halter top.Hell,she will take the AA flight from New York to Santo Domingo dressed like that,and at 60 years of age! That is not "insecure"!"Missing Teeth"? not that big a deal here!That is one of the really cool things about Dominicans,they are not all "Hung-Up" about a persons physical appearance like Americans are.CRISCO

loristud

Jul 1, 2002
No I don't live in DR I live in Canada, and you are right, women who are overweight are treated completely different here than in Dominican, which is what I am refering to when I say that DR men go after big women because they are easy prey.
I know lots of girls who have gone to DR all over , big girls thin girls etc, the men hit on everyone, but the main girls I see falling for it are the bigger girls, hence why I said it is because they are so insecure and when a man tells them they are special they are quicker to believe that then a confident women.
Does all this make sense to you.

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
lori....

read the threads on sankies and you will understand what is really going on there... it isnt what you think...

Normal dominican men are not like sankies...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"LORI"! You Got It!

If you mean do the dominican men who work at the resorts go after the "Chubetts" from North America,and England?You are 100% correcto.These girls are not used to such attention.That a man could find them so interesting just sets them up for "The Kill"! To bad.If they could get away from the resorts to a regular Disco there would be pleanty of guys who want to have sex with them for free!My brother-in-law for one!His wife has to outweigh him 3 to 1!CRISCO

Serena

Jun 30, 2002
I don't think Dominican guys are all that much different than men from the US or Canada except that many are much more up front with their intentions about sex.

loristud

Jul 1, 2002
My INITIATION

Well this was the first time I ever posted anything and I certainly got quite the response. Some of it was not exactly nice, but hey I guess for some people the truth hurts. But it was very informative anyway. Just wanted to thank everyone for their opinion even Criss and AZB had some interesting comments.
Thanks again Guys.
Oh by the way while I have all your attention. I am going back to DR in August to Paradise in Puerta Plata. Any advice?

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
Back to the original topic, I think that it is possible for Dominican men to be friends with girls, I know a bunch of examples personally.

As to the weight thing, I would have thought that generalization about Dominicans wanting fatter people to be true, but I was actually surprised that in my personal experience a bunch of Dominicans have commented to me about someone I know being fat when I don't really think she is fat. She is not skinny, but she's not like obese either. Who knows, maybe these guys were exceptions to the rule... (why do I feel like everytime I post something about my experiences there it is the exception to the rule? Hmmm.... I wonder if generalizations are as true as we all seem to think...)

loristud

Jul 1, 2002
Generalization

I think it is easier for us to generalize than to take people at face value. I know from experience that it is easier to put people into a category than it is to try and figure them out individually. I am sure there are Dominican men who just want the free ride, however there must also be some who are looking for someone special, everyone is different, but here in Canada I think it is easier to believe the worst that way you can't get hurt??? If a Dominican man or woman meets a tourist, and maybe that tourist has a quality that they really like, the fact that the tourist can maybe help them to a better life is just a bonus, but the feelings may be from the heart anyway...????

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
loristud.... as a tourist, chances are you will meet very few people with whom you should establish a long term relationship with....

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Re: Lot's of Opinions

loristud said:
Ok first of all, I am trying not to make generalizations, however I understand the cute girl cute guy thing. The attraction is there etc, but let me tell you I don't let guys spend their money on me here in Canada and I would NEVER do it in Dominican either. I am just talking about hanging out with guys at the disco and stuff like that dancing laughing, you know the normal stuff, without the SEX. Don't get me wrong I know if I said the word the guy wouldn't turn it down unless he was gay (not being conceited, but I am not ugly and as long as your not ugly the guy will want sex) anyway what I am trying to say is that if I offered it I realize I get what I ask for, but what about just hanging out with and having a good time, does this exist in Dominican? Or do they all just want sex?

You must be gay!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Re: The meaning of the name

loristud said:
So you all know, the name is obviously my first name as well as part of my last name. It is not one I made up, as it is not one I would have made up for myself trust me.

Even if this is true, why on a board where you can be anything you want would you pick a name with a double meaning and then wonder about the comments? You must be looking for a lot of attention and you are getting it.

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I admit it: I looked hard at that name

I figuered it was for Lori's Stud...I guess we all did?
joker-carnaval.gif

anyway I can't for the life of me figure out why no one has mentioned Harry & Sally, that great Billy Chrystal(sp?) , Meg Ryan flic..
big.gif

Sure we can be friends, but we are thinking about sex...

Hb....Boy oh boy, what great perceptions here....

bandit.gif

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
let me set the record straight.

Loristud,
The real truth is, dominican guys don't like fat women. Only "chopos" like fat women. Chopo is a low life uneducated person in DR. Just type in the word Chopo and you will get tons of info on this topic.
The chopos (with gold chains and gangster / rapper outfit) go out with fat girls who work in cheap bars and in sleezy car washes. Real dominicans who live in santiago and in decent parts of santo domingo don't even consider dating an over weight woman. If you are 5.5 and 135 lbs, you are considered over weight in santiago (among the educated class). A propotional girl is 5'5 or 5'6 with 115 - 120 lbs. Anything slightly over this is tolerated.
The most beautiful girls in DR are found in Cibao area. In the costal cities you find the not so attractive people.
Most tourists who visit the resorts (like yourself) have a very simple image of the dominicans folks. Most tourists thinks almost all the dominicans are blacks and poor. If you come to santiago you will notice that a good number of dominicans are as white as you folks are with equal or more money than an average american. The truth is the well-to-do dominicans spend more money here than a average american back home in dollars. I spend more money here on daily bases than I had spent in USA (in dollars). The good imported things cost a whole lot more here than in an average city in USA.
Loristud, you will find only sankies and resort workers in paradise hotel. The better class dominicans don't go there to meet foreigners. In fact, an educated professional dominican from santiago or from santo domingo doesn't even want to meet a white foreigner much less a tourist who is here for sun and fun.
So lori, if you are looking for friends in Puerto Plata, forget it. Paradise hotel and the rest of the sleezy bars / restaurants in Puerto Plata are full of ex pats and sankies / hookers. There are guys who are waiting for women just like you. They will all start out like friends if they can't get to to bed right away, but no matter how you cut it, its still bolony.
You might think I am full of this and that but the truth is, I live here and you don't. I know DR from a Local's point of view. When I used to come to DR like a tourist, everything seemed green and all smiley faces around me but when you live here, you see the other side of the fence.
So if you are looking for a productive friendship in Puerto plata area, let not start from the disco of the paradise hotel.

loristud

Jul 1, 2002
AZB MESSAGE FOR YOU

Ok let me set the record straight. I am glad for your input and I understand that you are there and are seeing it from a different point of view than I am. What I don't understand is we are all different people and I think we really have alot to teach and learn from each other, as friends. I see where you are coming from in regards to the hotel bars and such just as here, I wouldn't go to a bar to meet a lifelong friend either. As far as the hotels I am just going to have a good time (NOT SEX) meeting new people other tourists etc.. but I know that myself as a Canadian can learn alot from the people in Dominican as well as from around the world. Lets face it, I don't know what it's like to really work for what I want, it all comes so easy to me, so I find that being in the DR brings me back to earth that while at the resort it is paradise, there is more to the world that just my small part in it. So while I am keeping my mind open in regards to meeting people in Dominican, I refuse to think that every single one of them just wants to get laid and thats all. I will judge everyone I meet on an individual basis, but thanks again for your input it does have some truth in it, ok alot of truth but there are exceptions.

loristud

Jul 1, 2002
MESSAGE TO JAZZCOM

For the record I am who I am and I don't have any problem with anyone making the comments about the name, I've lived with the same comments all my life, however I was complaining about AZB because he was tickin me off, that's all.
Hey I love attention I have no problem with it......I thrive on it.

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Why can't we get laid and be friend's too? Do the two have to be mutually exclusive? lol
Cheers,
Nelly :)