Need work..ant suggestions?

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: Shamu and Black Fat mammas

AZB, you are WRONG! The only option for a fat shamu is not just dark skin women, but a BIG FAT ALABAMA BLACK MAMMA!
TW

C

criss colon

Re: Shamu in Sea World, San Diego?

You would be surprised at how many women like to: "Ride the Whale"! Fat men are:"Warm in the winter,and shady in the summer"! "I hate to go to the beach in California,every time I go to sleep,I wake up with 50 people trying to roll me back in the water"!!! "I just flew in from Miami,and are my arms tired"!!!........but it beats Air Dominicana! "Shamu Airlines" arrived on time! When I sit around the house,I ,"sit AROUND the house!!! Hey!,Hey!,Hey!!!! "When "AZB" was born,the Doctor slapped his "FACE!!!" "TW" went to "Hotel Principe" with a "hooker", when he took off his pants she said,"Who do you expect to satisfy with that little "Thing"?", "MYSELF",he said!!! YO!,YO, "Thank you all for coming,you,ve been great!!!!My name is "CRISS"!

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: Need work..ant suggestions?Jobs,JOBS,jobs!

Jan: There are many great opportunities for unskilled non-spanish speaking(ESL students like you) in Dominican Republic. Here is a list of jobs. You may not need a CV or resume:

1)ORANGE JUICE JUGUERO: The only requirement for this is to bring a black colored tricycle from your country and have it customized with a front tray and orange juice squeezer.You would have to hire a motoconcho to tow you every morning at 4am to your sales location, or pedal your way to the market to buy oranges and to your site location. The only drawback is that almost every corner of Santo Domingo has Jugueros, so be prepared for a turf fight with Haitians, the cornerstone of this business. Juice sells for $5. You buy oranges at .50Cents and squeeze three for a juice, you make $3.00.The other .50 is for cost of ice, sugar and plastic cup. Save enough for flat tires and police bribes. SUGAR CANE JUGUERO is also available, but the equipment is more expensive. You need a mini generator.Your garbage disposal can be done in the neighbors trash can.

2)SHOE SHINE BOYS:This is a highly competitive field. There are 40,000 of them. Every Dominican is a born shoe shine boy, but some of us decide for other careers. Among luminaries in this field:Sammy Sosa, Hipolito Mejia. You need to be really good in this field.You have to snap your shoe shine rag as fast as a Lamborghini running out of gas on its way to a gas station. Spit shine quality is required if you decide to work at Parque Enriquillo and Parque Colon. Clientele there is very demanding.Or you could walk around the entire city screaming......LIMPIABOTAAAASSSS! You need to make your shoe shine box in DR. Do not bring foreign made boxes unless you want to become the laughingstock of shoe shine. Do not bring a chair either. Just get yourself a 2 gallon empty can of oil for a seat. The rags are made from chino pants(cotton only)Buy Dominican paste, its cheaper and its better for the weather and apagones.$5 a shine. If you tell a story like the Sammy Sosa Baninter ad, you may get $10.

3)VERDURERO: Be a vendor of species, lettuce,rabano, zanahorias and other salad making leaves. Wake up real early.Go to mercado Modelo to buy your products. get yourself a huge rattan basket and wrap yourself a head turban like a Taliban to rest your tray in your head. Practice your equilibrium skills to keep the tray on top of your head(no hands) You could buy yourself a cow bell to announce your entry and scream...VERDUREEEEROOO,LECHUUUUUGGAA!
There are few left, so this is still a virgin field.

4)BUSCON/AGENTE TRIBUTARIO:These are the most obnoxious salesmen in the world. No used car salesman can match these guys.Your job is to help you find the documentation you need at government offices and make sure you dont stand in line to get your documents, like passports, birth certificates, drivers licenses,etc. This is a very competitive field, only for the slimiest con men with skills. Usual take is $100 pesos. Some graduate from Buscon to Agente Tributario, who are the guys that have briefcases and a mobile table and better inside contacts. For instance, the A.T.s at the Drivers License Bureau can get you a learners permit for $500. They use cellular communications to contact the inside man and send you in. You take the test, but the inside man strikes the keys in the computer for you.Exact time:30 minutes-no line-no studying the damn manual!

5)CONCHO DRIVER:Just get yourself a 1978-1983 jalopy car from a junk yard and bring it to DR. Have only the engine, transmission and tires functioning, place a cooking gas tank in the trunk for fuel and join our taxi corner to corner fleet of concho cars. You can squeeze as many as 8 passengers at $5 each and in smaller cars as many as 6. Cooking gas is $15 gallon, instead of regular gasoline at $32. No insurance needed. You kill somebody nothing happens. They figure you are destitute anyway.Take off the seat belts(take up space)No door knobs, rear or front lights are required. You just need a moving wheelbase with seats. be sure to learn how to swivel your wrist in a back and forth movement with your left hand to attract the passengers at the corner. You also have to learn how to obstruct traffic to get position to steal the passengers from others and how to drive two lanes. Count your money and check paper currency well, the passengers are as sneaky as the drivers.

So Jan, with these suggestions there is plenty here. Women are now moving into these macho fields, but other than these jobs women can only work in casesitas and caba?as picking up guys at the Malecon.
TW

G

Greg

Re: Shamu and Black Fat mammas - TW and AZB

I have to say that I am appalled not only at this display of racism, but also at the fact that it was permitted to remain on this board. TW, you apologized for your remark, but what is troubling is the fact that it was made in the first place. If you happen to believe that darker skinned women are less desirable, that is your business. However, when you post that publicly, and the inference that dark-skinned women are so unwanted an unworthy that to be with them is relegated to persons who are themselves physically or otherwise undesireable, then it becomes much more. AZB, your comments are even more vile. Any woman who may resemble the type of woman you are depicting, whether or not certain factions of society deem her to be attractive, deserves the respect as a human being that any other woman does, including your mother, wife, sister, etc. I am an African-American and I found both your comments to be in poor taste. I hope this board does not deteriorate into one that allows inciteful comments such as those.

G

Greg

Re: Shamu and Black Fat mammas - TW and AZB

I got the names mixed up. It was AZB who apologized and TW who had the more despicable comment. Sorry.

C

cejay

i need a job in santo domingo myself. my mother-n-law and father-n-law are driving me crazy for me and my wife who is from santo domingo to come live there but i need a job? anybody hiring a professional in santo domingo? pls let me know if not then i will just keeping renting out my store in santo domingo and take the opportunity my mom-n-law gave me a store also for me and my wife to run but i really don"t want to do that but oh well. -cejay from miami

J

Jan

i love in ensanche julieta...but hope to move out of the city once i get my residency going

J

Jan

By the way...love all the positive messages..

I just can't wait to meet you all at the party Friday...I'll be the tall white girl with the big smile and possitive outlook!!!

J

JohnS

Re: By the way...love all the positive messages..

Jan, believe me, people are only trying to keep a realistic perspective on the issue of job-hunting!

Let me guess where you come from... Norway? Holland? Germany?
Your age? Let me guess... 25?

Look at it this way, Jan! What can you offer? What do you have to sell to a dominican employer? When he is paying you salary, it means he is buying something from you, right? So what are you selling???

A positive outlook is good! Very good! But in this competitive world, the sad truth is that it is not enough to smile and be happy... The world does not work that way! Lo siento, mi corazon!

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: Greg, I love your mammas

Hey Greg: I dont have to apologize because you are so sensitive and looking behind your back. I can say anything I want about blacks. Or, do you forget that we Dominicans also have black in us. I am a light Dominican, but just like a black can make fun of their race(They call each other nigger and the word black mamma was invented by blacks) I can do so too. I have dated many black women and they are so fineeee! So dont give me your righteous bull. You blacks make fun of everybody with your ethnic jokes and people have to celebrate it because you are black. Let me tell you something, when I was in college I belonged to the Black Students Association and the Onix Society and when I went to a military academy in Georgia the southern whites over there considered me a black even though I am light skin with straight hair. So, pal go get yourself a life. I have been associating with blacks as long as you have. OK BRO?(PS My girfriend is black and she has a fine A....
TW

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: By the way...love all the positive messages..

Hey Jan: I love tall girls with a positive attitude. Are you pretty too? Well if you are bring your whip and leather wear so you can spank me for being a bad boy.
TW

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: Cejay, you better come and run the store

Hey Cejay: You better rush over here and star running that store or else I guarantee you that in a few more months somebody is going to eat the entire stock. Otherwise, here is Jan ready to work. Give her a job and let her run that store. She looks like she is going to do fine in DR with that disposition. Her lack of experience does not matter. We will train her.
TW

D

Doug

My best buddie in the Dr is really dark(looks Haiten...but he's Dom)he calls me white boy and I call him nigger boy....but I would never say that disrespectful...I am not the slightest bit racial....but friends call each other nick names....it's the ones that get disturbed by friends messing with each other...that are the ones who have underlying racial feelings

D

Doug

Re: TW

I've talked with Jan on the phone...and she's ready and willing to do anything....girl made a huge move....scare the shit outta most...got to hand it to her....Keep knocking on doors Jan....you'll be alright!! I'm sure.....

E

El Jefecito

TW,
Send me email. Which military school did you go to? I attended Georgia Military Academy for to years before it became Woodward Academy so as not to allow blacks. I left in protest of that policy and their getting rid of the ROTC. Didn't work anyway, they now allow Blacks but only those with lots of $$$$.