Need work..ant suggestions?

J

Jan

Re: Cejay, you better come and run the store

I may have lack of training but I am definatly trainable!!I had a few businesses in Pennsylvania..a store where I sold Native American type stuff..beads,jewelry,buckskins and I hade much of the things in the store..it did well just got bored.Also had my own little organic bakery..organic bread,bagels and granola..I marketed,purchased,ran the place,did pretty much all the aspects of running the business.So I'm not too stupid!!!jejej

G

Greg

Re: Greg, I love your mammas

You know what TW, I had hoped this would not deteriorate into anything nasty but I see the kind of person I am dealing with here. First, I am not overly sensitive, I just spoke about about your ignorant racist comments. I couldn't care less about you being Dominican and having African in you, because as we both know, 99 percent of you deny having African blood in you at all, even the ones who are not "light Dominican". So don't try to pull it out of your ass when it is convenient for you. Secondly, if African-Americans call each other nigger or anything else, it is within our community. We know that it is not said to each other in the derogatory manner that others say it. I trust you have noticed that no other races call us that (to our faces). You are not of this country and do not fully understand everthing associated with the history of racism here. You are just a dumb-ass trying to be funny. And dickhead,associating with Blacks and having respect for them are two different things. You say that you were treated as if you were Black while here but now you make derogatory comments for the benefit of your caucasion friends who think of you just as those southern whites did. You,however, have your head so far up their asses looking for acceptance that you don't even notice. Or is it just that you are used to that smell. So, TW YOU get a life. I have a life that I am perfectly happy with. I am not trying to be something I am not. If you still have a beef, I can look up you,your girlfriend with the nice a-- ( if I've seen her, I've probably stuck her in it!), your do-me-for-a-peso light-skinned mother and whomever else you like the next time I am there f___king your dumb-assed, country women. Peace, My nubian brother.

G

Greg

Doug, you seem like a nice enough person, and I believe that you may not have any malice in your heart when you call you friend, nigger-boy, but is is still racist. Please give it some thought.

E

El Jefecito

What you consider racist is in many countries considered terms of endearment. Like calling a child who is darker "Negrito". In fact many Dominicans are named Negro. I have seen racism in every community I have lived in. I don't condone it and I have fought for civil rights from the time I left a military school in Gergia because they stopped offering ROTC since they did not want blacks. The funny thing is that they had light skinned Dominicans attending the school and by the old definition of one drop of "black" blood they were black too. TW is not a racist. He just has a different upbringing and views than you. It is just as bad for you to call him a racist without knowing him as it would for me to call you a black racist. If you are going to hang around this board I suggest you get a little thicker skin. no pun intended. Either that or if you don't approve of us, there's plenty of other places to visit on the net.

BTW, blacks do not keedp it in their community...it is in movies, on TV and in the words of black children in the mall. I hope someday that word is no longer used by anyone.

P

Pib

TW

It seems that no matter how hard you try you will STILL be a virgin by Sat morning. I am so sorry kid.

D

Doug

Re: Greg wrong

Greg you could'nt be more wrong. I have a strong relationship with lots of african americans here in Canada, and there are a few of them that I love dearly....me and my buddie call each other names ...just like me and some of my caucasion friends call each other asshole or bitch or other names.....nothing in our hearts is meant to "hurt" each other. But that post to Tw is in very bad taste....if you must talk like that why don't you do it via e-mail......your post is way outta line....there is racist and then there is discriminating...and your post is very discriminating.

G

Greg

doug, you're right! I was upset and responding in kind. I should have sent my response to TW only and I never should have said the things I said. I apologize to all I offended. Thanks for your level-headed response. Again, I want to apologize for my insensitive remarks.

G

Greg

When I said that we keep it in our community, I meant in the community of persons who are African-American. I know you hear it in the media, and other places. As far as my needing thicker skin, It just so happens that this situation was about Blacks. I will speak up for ANY person or group of people who may be treated badly. Case in point; I was almost equally upset at all of the comments to SARAH 19 (something like that) referring to her use of spanish. So what if she speaks a form of spanish that a few pompous a__holes deem to be low-class. Why jump all over her? If you have the benefit of being educated, great. Why not share that constructively instead of attacking someone who may not have had the benefit of the education that some of you have? There is so much class consciousness displayed there. As if she is unworthy as a person because she may not know formal spanish. Anyway, Thanks for your input. Paz!

D

DOMINICAN PAPI

DAMN TW, QUE PELA DE LENGUA TE DIO ESE TIGUERE!LOL *DC*

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Greg: If saying Nigger to a Nigger is racist, then the worst racists are on 125th. Street in Harlem. Or dont you know what is the most popular salute blacks in Harlem say to each other....Say Nigger!!! Listen, before you were born black, I was roaming in the streets of Harlem with my black pals from the Onyx Society and I would go out with them and jam in the clubs. Even my favorite tailor was at 125th. St., a guy that could play around with silk pants like nobody else. I even watched the Foreman-Frazier fight in Harlem. I used to hang around King Drive to meet my black girlfriends who were so honeyyyy! So I dont need black lessons in history. I have seen Malcolm X movie 3 times and ML King movie twice and I used to hang around 155th. and Broadway and saw Malcolm X several times. And I have been to the Audubon Ballroom on 168th. St. and shared the "A train" for many black parties.
TW

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: Jefe, I went to RMA

Jefe: I went to Riverside MA in Gainsville, Ga. We would shuttle from Florida to Georgia, since Riverside had a seasonal camp in Hollywood-by-the Sea. I also went to Miami Military Academy for Summer School. I was one of the Dominican founders of Riverside, in other words the first Dominican with Marcos Rivera Balaguer.

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: Dominican Papi:Greg s no match for me

Dominican Papi:
Greg is no match for me. I take his comments with a grain of salt. I can run circles and miles around Greg in the Black community in the United States. He sounds like an old-fashioned Southern oppressed black who is still living in the 60s. He does not understand the realities of Blacks today and still has a chip on his shoulders.

Most Blacks in America have matured from this old civil rights struggle and have joined the rest of society. Some blacks are even prominent Republicans and hardline conservatives. One of the most conservative Supreme Court Justices is black and people like Condoleeza have joined a guy like George Bush, of all people to be one of the most influential blacks in America, not to mention Colin Powell. None of this people would be wasting their time like Greg does with this self-deprecating talk.

Greg probably has never been to Harlem or 125th. St. He has never been to MLKing Drive in N.Y. He has never been to east Harlem or La Marqueta. He has never been to Cabrini Green or the South Side of Chicago like I have. I used to go to M.L. King High School to watch and support my favorite HS basketball team the MLK Jaguars, perhaps the best team in America. I used to hang around with Jesse White in Cabrini Green.
I am up here in the high class of Dominicans and I have been to the best in the United States, in the best prep schools, but I have never shied away from mixing it up with all kinds of people. I just speak my mind and have the wherewithal to back it up.

So Greg, you get a life. And I have the pedigree to call a nigger a nigger. Thats what I used to call Efrem Winters, a 6ft.10 basketball player from King HS and he called me the same thing. It was all in fun.
TW

C

Carol

Re: By the way...love all the positive messages..

Jan

Wish I could make it Friday but I can't. I would love to meet you.

Keep trying girl, you'll make it, I know you will. Perhaps next time I'm over we could meet up.

Carol

E

El Jefecito

Re: Jefe, I went to RMA

I'm sorry, some have to go to the second best though...Actually riverside was a pretty good school from what I hear. What years were you at Carol Morgan? I was there from 60-64.

G

Greg

Re: Dominican Papi:Greg s no match for me

TW, you are lost. You have no idea what you are talking about. You talk all this B.S. about where you have been and who you have hung with, all B.S.!!!By the way, I was born and raised in inner-city Chicago, literally in the shadow of the Cabrini-Green you speak of. By the way, Cabrini-Green is on the NEAR NORTH SIDE of Chicago, not the south side, you wanna-be! I had and have several friends who lived there as well as an old girl friend. I was in high school the same time as the Efrem WInters whose name you chose to drop and have spoken to him. If you want me to believe that you have called him that name, try it on someone else. I also spent 20 years in the military, and have seen much more of this world than you have. Spare me the I've been so many places, done so much B.S. ANd FYI, the civil rights struggle here continues. You of course being an outsider, and basing your comments on what you have read or heard from the wrong parties, would not know that. Try to impress someone who does not know any better with your B.S. My last comment, you do not understand what you are talking about. Instead of trying to sound so worldly you should just drop it. You have already proven yourself to be a lying idiot. "..Perdida..sin rumbo..." Gracias, Zacarias. No pude decirlo mejor.
Adios