New Decree for All Foreigners

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
In the new regulation ,is there a difference made between a Haitian living here illegally ( not born in the DR ) and an expat from any country living here illegally ? Do they both have to return to their country of origin to start the process for residency ?

From what I understand, everyone has to go back to their country of origin to start residency process. I seem to remember someone saying there was an exception, but I don't remember what the circumstances were.

dogstar

Oct 24, 2004
It's different because I am white from a 1st world country, and I come with a means to support myself and half the village I live in. I give jobs, NOT take them. When i first came here 10 years ago, I was the second largest employer in town. I pay for medical services, at election time I don't take the food bag given out by the candidates, I give it to a poor family, In other words I don't take from the country, I give. NOt like the emigrants in the city I live in in Connecticut, crowding the welfare office for food stamps and free medical ins. or the illegals queuing up behind every Home Depot in the USA, for work asking $15. an hour. While min. wage is $8.50 minus taxes and Soc Sec deductions for anyone with a social sec #.
The status quo is good for the DR, WE BRING MILLIONS OF $$$ EVER YEAR, DON'T KILL THE GOOSE.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
The way things are going its just a matter of time before the first annual "Hunger Games"
for foreigners in the DR. The winner will be granted residency... I'm from district 13..

May 12, 2005
So does this new law now make getting citizenship by being married to a Dominican woman the same as it is for a woman married to a Dominican man?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"AE", yes, if you enter the USA illegally, OR, over stay a visa, you are indeed "Illegal".
However, if you are lucky enough to be born in the USA, (Hey, Great Song Idea!!),no matter what the "Status" of your parents, you are a Citizen, by birth, of the USA.
I have 3 children, all born here, who are also citizens of the USA.
Their "Mami" is a Dominicana, so I guess they can stay!
I'll start to worry about my "Status" here in the DR, when they break down my front door, arrest me, and drive me to the airport!!!
Remember more than a year ago when everyone was worried about overstaying in the DR, leaving, and not being allowed to re enter?????
I have "Overstayed", left, and returned about 3 times since then.
I even made a "Tongue-In-Cheek",( I love to say THAT!) post about what happened to me at "Las Americas" airport,when I returned.
As long as you are not a "Haitiano" you are "COOL" to enter & leave at your leisure.
Wll that change, Some Day!!!!!
When??????????
"K Say Yo"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
"AE", yes, if you enter the USA illegally, OR, over stay a visa, you are indeed "Illegal".
However, if you are lucky enough to be born in the USA, (Hey, Great Song Idea!!),no matter what the "Status" of your parents, you are a Citizen, by birth, of the USA.
I have 3 children, all born here, who are also citizens of the USA.
Their "Mami" is a Dominicana, so I guess they can stay!
I'll start to worry about my "Status" here in the DR, when they break down my front door, arrest me, and drive me to the airport!!!
Remember more than a year ago when everyone was worried about overstaying in the DR, leaving, and not being allowed to re enter?????
I have "Overstayed", left, and returned about 3 times since then.
As long as you are not a "Haitiano" you are "COOL" to enter & leave at your leisure.
Wll that change, Some Day!!!!!
When??????????
"K Say Yo"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I get what you're saying Cris. Our kids were born in the US, but are also entitled to Dominican citizenship because their father is Dominican. They have that right, if they choose to use it. But if your wife or my husband were American, our children born in DR would have no Dominican rights. I have no problem with that. Let's face it, I know women who have flown to NY from DR just to give birth, so their kids would have American citizenship. I do have a problem with that.

I can't help that I am the type who needs to know I'm living legally, driving legally, etc., or I won't sleep. I'd see boogie-men everywhere otherwise. Yeah, a touch of paranoia thrown in there.

I wish I could be like you, just ain't gonna happen!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Not too many American Citizens, wishing they had Dominican citizenship.
Dominican's wanting American Citizenship, about 10,000,000 by the last count.
Best way to have a good life, "Chose Your Parents With Great Care"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
My 3 kids have both Dominican & American citizenship, and passports.
I don't know weather to love them or make fun of them!!!!
My 11 year old daughter, wants a whole roasted pig's head for Christmas Eve Dinner, AND, she gets the tongue!!!!!
Where did I go WRONG???????
At least my 9 year old can survive on "Cini Minis", and "Doritos"!

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Yes, the USA is one of the very few countries in the world that allow it. But they too are proposing changing this law as we speak. Also they don't have an opened border like the DR that allow illegal Haitians to cross the border just so that they can give birth in our hospitals.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Yes, the USA is one of the very few countries in the world that allow it. But they too are proposing changing this law as we speak. Also they don't have an opened border like the DR that allow illegal Haitians to cross the border just so that they can give birth in our hospitals.

The USA does have an unprotected border. It is on the north with Canada. I think it is the longest unprotected border in the world but why would we Canadians want to go to the states except for cheaper booze and cigarettes

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
It sounds like to me that if you own property here, you will be able to stay without much problem. Anyone else read it that way?

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
The USA does have an unprotected border. It is on the north with Canada. I think it is the longest unprotected border in the world but why would we Canadians want to go to the states except for cheaper booze and cigarettes

Which is the reason why it is not protected against you, but it is protected against Mexicans.