new project in juan dolio

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Those articles and the pictures are from last year. The render reminds me of when we had tons of new projects for building in JD on DR1. Steve something or other...... Don't remember his name. He was all fired up about real estate in JD. There was a ridiculous amount of proposed projects back then. Late 90's early 2000's.
Can some refresh my memory of the BIG scandal/scam that went on back then? I do believe it was the building where the Melia was also.
How many times are investors going to fall for this. Especially now that we all know JD is a dead town.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
It might as well be for tourist but alive and kicking for the wealthy of SDQ and SPM for sure.

So you are telling me that the rich folks in SD an SPM are still buying NEW condos in JD?
I have friends who own businesses in JD. According to them it is not all that "alive and kicking". Do you go there often?

Sep 4, 2012
So you are telling me that the rich folks in SD an SPM are still buying NEW condos in JD?
I have friends who own businesses in JD. According to them it is not all that "alive and kicking". Do you go there often?

Yes. But the sales aren't just condos, I almost purchase myself one in the process but ended up at Santo Domingo instead due to work and I hate commuting.

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
As a renter I like the quietness, near deadness here in JD..underrated town and so convenient to the airport

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Some pictures would be great.
Again, I'm just new to posting here. Reading a long time, but new to posting. Posting photos? Well, now here we go. I'm gonna have to figure out how to work that one. Ok, yes, jokes a side, I'm not that technologically advanced. On my next ride over, I'll take some photos. I just have to figure out how to post them here. It's probably something easy as always. But I'll try.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
It's starting to gain some attention on skyscrapercity. You can follow the thread over there:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1863292

You can also view some of the other projects underway by the builders:

http://www.ri-group.net/proyectos
That's very nice, but nobody has ever heard of this website as well. Not to mention the postings are a year old. :rolleyes: Who in their right mind would transfer 100's of thousands of dollars into a 1 bedroom apartment....in a place where nobody knows? This is worse than Bernie Madoff.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
There are some works in the old Melia Hotel that is also close to Albatros? that is a new property of Hodelpa where they will put in conditions to open thier 3rd hotel in Juan dolio. Long ago I dont walk arround there niether.
When I see boots on the ground, and people working, I'll believe it.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
2j3kzyo.jpg

No shade to be found on the rooftop terrace. They're going to wind up with "chicharr?n de gringo" up there.
I'm just wondering how much furniture or people are going to go flying off of that thing.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
It might as well be for tourist but alive and kicking for the wealthy of SDQ and SPM for sure.
If you are speaking of the "collectors" from SDQ and SPM that are robbing ignorant investors blind yes. Actually the collectors have found it easier to move their collecting accounts to other off shore areas. If not, my bad, because I don't see the wealthy of La Capital o San Pedro getting their groove on in Juan Dolio.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
As a renter I like the quietness, near deadness here in JD..underrated town and so convenient to the airport
When I first arrived in Juan Dolio, I thought the same. It was what I was looking for in life, at the time. Once I stopped thinking about myself, I left the pearly gates of where I was resting my head, and I saw first hand how people are struggling each and every day. Yes, there may be that nice bar, restaurant, or colmado you like...but you know what? They need more than one customer to operate and survive. Now don't get me wrong, I loved the quietness myself, but for the business owners there, and the people trying to make a peso....it's very different.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
When I first arrived in Juan Dolio, I thought the same. It was what I was looking for in life, at the time. Once I stopped thinking about myself, I left the pearly gates of where I was resting my head, and I saw first hand how people are struggling each and every day. Yes, there may be that nice bar, restaurant, or colmado you like...but you know what? They need more than one customer to operate and survive. Now don't get me wrong, I loved the quietness myself, but for the business owners there, and the people trying to make a peso....it's very different.

What you are saying sounds like what my friends in JD are telling me.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Yes dulce, it is as such. I have no reason to make things sound better or worse than they are. I just tell it like it is.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Living in San Pedro, I look across the Rio Higuamo as it enters the Caribbean Sea, and I see the ghost town that is Costa Blanca. More empty promises? People ask me why I don't buy here? Uh, hello. Does anybody have information on Costa Blanca?

giallo

Nov 17, 2006
Was there this week from Wensday to Sunday , things seem to be picking up and getting better, on the weekend at the main entrance to Juan Dolio all the business were packed the restaurant,the bar, and liquor store, which has tables where u can get food and drinks, they both had DJ'S playing music, the rest of the main boulevard was slow except for El Meson and , Sal y Mar that had people. They were putting up new signs on the boulevard and cleaning up the highway all along Juan Dolio.
Hemingway opened up there new boutique hotel did not see the inside but they did a great job all around the entrance and streets leading to it, also heard a rumor that Hodelpa the hotel company who took over the embassy suite hotel in metro and the Talanquera hotel , was taking over the abandoned hotel next to Marbella condo and start remodeling it, so i did see all of positive things in the area, hope it continues.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Living in San Pedro, I look across the Rio Higuamo as it enters the Caribbean Sea, and I see the ghost town that is Costa Blanca. More empty promises? People ask me why I don't buy here? Uh, hello. Does anybody have information on Costa Blanca?

WOW, I was wondering how to get there and what was that proyect. Maybe the bad smell of the lagoon killed the project.