North Coast Weather

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Playa Laguna is living up to its name
There is a laguna outside my house and a small river flowing across the access road...so much for the repair work they did on it a month or so ago.
And a new laguna at Sea Horse as well...
....and still it is raining!
Ah well, makes a change from incessant heat :)

Rained all night and it is just starting to get light outside so somewhere someone is getting some sun; just not me. I can just make out the lights of POP from my place, about 10 miles. Having a break.... hahaha.... in the rain as I write. No wind... yet and ocean swells are still up.

I'll bet my employees will be stuck on the other side of the flooded road.

I'm also having to use more diesel for the gen. to keep the batteries up and on line. Dang.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Ringo, WW and Viny,
There was 3 inches of rain last night here between Sosua and Cabarete and there looks as if there is more around. With regard to Cabrera, I have not information about the rain fall there WW. But looking at the sat pics I would say you are having a bit less than us here.
I think Beeza you go it right in that the edge of an Ocluded cold front is sitting over most of the north coast but is being made worse by the occaisional tropical wave! ( The air mass charts seem to comfirm this)
And Viny was that a complaint about the weather? Sea Horse Ranch area will probably flood today - it was up to the road yesterday but not over the main road yet.

So thats about 10" of rain we have measured in the last two days !

Olly and the Team (Sosua Division)

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Rain Rain go away!!

Multiple post - deleted

Last edited:

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Thanks Olly and the Team.

Just got another shower while grooming the horses and the rain feels colder or is it the air temps are down too. The heck with the grooming in the rain so just put them back in the stalls with hay. My guys called and can not get to us. They would normally wait until the water goes down but report that the drainage water going over the road is rising. We told them to go home. I can see more rain over the ocean.... and it's coming our way.

Anyone with in town Sosua news?

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I pumped about 4" out of the pool, just short of overflowing. Sosua Bay is brown from the rivers draining with the brown extending several miles out to sea.

Our Coraplata water has been off for at least 26 hours here in Playa Chiquita. You might want to check yours.

Oh goody.... another down pour. :)

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Ww - not not quite - less than the last year in November and less than June 2010 which was the highest we have recorded at 22.5 inches in the month.

Olly and the Team ( Sosua Division)

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Over night we had another 2.3" making just over 12" inches out of this trough/front. It is now to the south of the island and we should have a cool but sunny day today! Temperatures have dropped but it is really pleasant now the rain has stopped.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I'm tired of being cold for the last two days. Cold in the morning. Cold at night trying to sleep. Digging out cloths I have not worn in years but glad that I have.

36 degrees this morning..... that's F. In sunny San Francisco, California.

Hope all is well and the that sun is shining back home in Playa Chiquita.

:)

RayO

Mar 25, 2012
You had me worried for a minute there, I thought you were in the DR. *Phew* Then I got to the California part. I hope the better part of the rain is done by the new year!

Jo

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
You had me worried for a minute there, I thought you were in the DR. *Phew* Then I got to the California part. I hope the better part of the rain is done by the new year!

Jo

lol.... Sorry Jo. But things have a way of getting even. FOG just rolled in over the hills making it feel even colder here in Novato, just north of S.F. We have the hotel room cranked up to 80 and STILL cold.

Have a good one all. :)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Same here in PHL.... flying back Wed to warmer climes.........

Looking forward to it

Calif sunshine...!!! ???

jvedr

Dec 11, 2012
Hi, my wife and I are arriving in DR on Wednesday and staying a week. We planned on staying in Las Galeras during the first half and Las Terrenas for the remainder of our trip, but I've been concerned about the weather. If we are going to get very little sunny beach time, then I was thinking of heading to the Southwest around Barahona and beyond. The ten day forecast for Samana looks risky. Anyone in the Northeast now who can comment? Thanks!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I'm on my way back tomorrow....
Iam told that there is some flooding in Nagua... last weekend

In 5 yrs, I have never seen flooding in Nagua

Any other eye witnesses??

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Cabrera Division reporting that the wind direction has returned to normal, more or less and no rain in sight.

Thursday, just a short morning shower and then clear all day.
Hoping for a rain free day today.

Nice cool temps, Ringo - just above 80.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Cabrera Division reporting that the wind direction has returned to normal, more or less and no rain in sight.

Thursday, just a short morning shower and then clear all day.
Hoping for a rain free day today.

Nice cool temps, Ringo - just above 80.

LOL. Very nice to be warm again ww. Some clouds here but looks like it's going to be a nice day. :)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I wondered if you had returned.

My road is a mess... up to two feet of mud in one spot.
Need a few dry days before it can be repaired.

Dirty cars - I hate'em!!!:eek:gre:

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I wondered if you had returned.

My road is a mess... up to two feet of mud in one spot.
Need a few dry days before it can be repaired.

Dirty cars - I hate'em!!!:eek:gre:

I hate them too. We have ours washed at least twice a year. (Silver gray hides the dirt. lol) Hopefully we get enough sun today to dry out the pastures so I can cut the weeds. :)

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Good Evening from Playa Chiquita, outside of Sosua.

We are again having some clouds, some sun and a little rain with cool temps in the mornings. Winds not to bad. Ocean swells UP since last night and have been building all day coming from the NNE. They hit our 20 foot high Arrecife/coral reef ocean cliff and shake the house, spray up well over 50 feet. The breeze that we have from the NNW blows the salt spray over our high two floor house.

I would not be surprised to find sand on our pool decks or pools in the morning. :(