ONLY in DR (add yours to list)...

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Typical Dominican to consider 28 degree celsius to be cold. Now if it was 28 degrees fahrenheit, I could understand.

As it is "typical" a saying for lets say example some body living in Brazil, Honduras, Mexico, Thailand, Indonesia, Congo etc...depending on which altitude one should live of course also in the mentioned countries.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
ydydu.jpg

Would you do this......lol

B in Santiago

nope but my hubby would...maybe :bunny:
Great picture!

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
ydydu.jpg

B in Santiago
It is familiar for me, strange will be to see a barrio mechanic guy using a lifts.
Do you know how do we pull engine out of the cars in the barrios shops???
Answer:
Using a long and strong 4 inches diameter metal water pipe, two men in each side of the pipe to lift the engine that have been previously attached using a metal chain.
1-2-3 and up...
The motor is out.

JJ

fashionistachar

Oct 27, 2010
Since I'll be visiting for the first time in January, this is super helpful! My best friend and I are taking a girls vacation....so we shouldn't be nervous by men walking around with machetes? haha...good to know

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
ydydu.jpg

B in Santiago

It is more than how did he get it up on those 2x4s because one is longer than the other, with the brick behind the rear wheel to keep it from rolling. How is he going to get it down? And what happens if the truck shifts from him doing whatever he is doing there? fixing a brake line or changing a fuel line with the lamp right by the source of gasoline? Or a larger truck passes by and makes the ground vibrate destabilizing the 2x4s? Or coming to close and hitting the truck?
Not a smart way to work man, not smart.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Must've been illegally parked.
(note the two guys standing on the gr?a - to hold down the helicopter?)

ps: no follow up photo to see if it made it thru the underpass okay.

5l9aba.jpg

Mocha2021

Jan 13, 2009
Only in DR will someone stop in the middle of the roundabout to give way to you........................

SNH

Jul 24, 2010
ODR can you use the words "Donkey" & "Rush Hour Traffic" in the same sentence..

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
only in the DR can a house painter complain that he could not "cut in" where the wall meets the ceiling, because my ceilings were too high 9-10 feet and he did not have a stepladder nor could borrow one, and get paid, and complain that he did the job too cheap anyway. only in the DR could my sister in law complain that she didn't like the color "I picked out" when she was the one that went to the paint store, looked at 22 different yellows, chose one, and now it's my fault............she also hired the painter....

Reactions: Bronxboy