• Thread starter virgilio dolores-perez
  • Start date

orgulloso de ser dominicano

J

Joachim

While what you say may be the truth, nationality does not pay the rent. Plus with a Dominican passort you are still very restricted to travel to most countries.

Most of the Dominicans that I have met in Washington Heights all said that they were American. This is just my experience, no insults intended or required.

C

criss colon

Ok! "Mi Amor" we are Here,you are not! By the way I will soon contact the World Bank so your boss can check the amount of time you spend "on line" and not "on the job!" I,m sure they will be impressed! "on a daily basis" your words! You like the USA because there you can get paid for working ,while you play on your computer!!! On second thought, why tell your boss,he is probably playing too! I mean the"World Bank" talk about a do nothing job! I wish someone would "forgive" my debt when I don,y feel like paying. Or give me 500 million dollars for a "water" project so I could steel 250 milliom!! Criss

C

criss colon

You have to study and take a test to become a US citizen,how many dominicans study,or can pass a test given in English??? 3!Criss

T

Tgf

Many can do it. I personally know of eight who did it in this town alone - my wife being one of them. You can be a U.S. citizen and also retain Dominican citizenship - the best of both situations. The language requirements for the U.S. test are not very demanding.

Criss, you can be funny and amusing at times. You can also be insulting and denigrating as well. This time you are the latter. Natasha has made some perceptive comments about how easy it is to insult Dominicans and Dominican culture on this board because few Dominicans participate. Yet, many of the posters, yourself included, choose to live in the D.R. She has the gall to say - "if you can't take the heat, get out of the fire." And, you threaten to tell her supervisor. Ugh, give us a break from empty threats. Do you know how big the World Bank is? Do you have an email address. I don't think so!!! Please, calm down and learn to take a little "appropriate and apt" criticism.

B

Bobs

To Ech : Don Ernesto, just so we are clear : I enjoy your contributions to this forum and absolutely agree with you. You badmouth the USA (or any country for that matter) as an immigrant, or commit a (serious) crime there, I say the authorities should get rid of you. I have very fond memories of my many years in the US and return every year to kin, friends and colleagues.
That's why I so very much agree with Natasha : some folks on this board repeatedly denigrate, insult or ridicule Dominicanos. To me that's a no-no. When in my house, you respect me, period ! Don't come to my place and call my sisters putas. Apparently some people have a problem with me when I say that, because some of my postings were quickly censured away. Uughh!!

N

Natasha

Being that I have this board bookmarked, yes I do check it out almost daily. For your convenience, follow the link sweetie.

Regards, Natasha

L

linamia

Criss,

YOU CROSS THE LINE!! YOU ARE GETTING PERSONAL NOW, I AM SURE OTHERS WERE OFFENDED BY YOU STUPID REMARK. WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU FROM? WHAT MAKES SO SMART, AND WHY YOU HANG AROUND THIS FORUM ALL DAY LONG BASHING US. I TRIED VERY HARD NOT TO USE THE WORDS THAT YOU DESERVE.

E

ECH, M.D.

NATASHA

OK Darlin' before you lead him out on a limb and then chop the whole damn tree down.......he does not know what a really nice LADY you are and how you exist and CONTRIBUTE the best to both worlds in so many ways. Give him time and a little slack and he will realize that it is a priviledge to be counted as one of your friends.

L

linamia

Re: ECH, M.D

LET HER CUT THE TREE I WILL PERSONALLY TIE HIM TO THE LIMB. HE DESERVE THAT AND MORE (UNA BUENA PELA POR FRESCO Y BOCA FLOJA)

C

criss colon

I accept your criticism,and your right to criticise,and will continue to defend them both! However I too enjoy those rights! I also find the Board more interesting with "verbal conflict" and will challenge hipocracy when I see it!Criss

S

Susanne

Re: NATASHA

Maybe he will also learn from both of you what it is to be civil. And that people can disagree without insults and petty remarks and still be friends in spite of differences.

Thank you, Natasha and Ernest, for being a good example to the rest of us. I will follow your example and refrain from writing what I think of his posting to Natasha...

Warmest regards to both of you,
Susanne

L

linamia

give me a break Criss

You do not critize, you insult and redicule there is a difference.

P

Pib

This is my home.

Sheesh! I had no intention of getting into this argument, but I can?t let a good quarrel pass me by. What is all this fuss about again? About being proud Dominicans? I doubt anyone wouldn?t be proud of his/her nationality. I love my little island, I know this is not paradise but it is home, that?s what nationalism is all about, feeling home somewhere.

I get mad every time I hear people bashing my country for things that are not exclusive to our country: prostitution, corruption, drugs, poverty, illiteracy etc. Most times I just don?t pay attention, I am not Cecil Adams to go fighting ignorance, if these people chose to believe this is the worst place in the world it is their right to do so, although it only proves that they are ignorant bigots. I respect all people, of all nationalities; I know better as to not generalize. There are all kinds of people everywhere. Most times when my country is insulted I just play deaf, sometimes, just sometimes I go berserk.

Remember, Dominicans go abroad looking for a better life, but foreigners also come here looking for a better life. For those of you that do not respect us: If life is so bad here and you still put up with that it only proves that you are stupid. Don?t bash my country, shuddup and take it like a man or go home.

J

Jim Hinsch

Re: Chris understands

Criss understands what the USA and our freedoms are all about. And that freedom is not limited to NICE critcism. If it stinks, say it stinks. Sugar coating not required. The rest need to grow some backbone (you know who you are).

To BOB, who wrote "You badmouth the USA ... as an immigrant ..., I say the authorities should get rid of you": We should get rid of people with the above attitude, who seek to limit or destroy or freedoms that so many have fought and died to preserve.

C

criss colon

"Que Bueno!!!" Here we see a PERFECT example of your "Hipocracy" I speak to:Natasha,Linamia,and now also to Susanne(Who should know better)! Go back and read all of my posts in this "thread",yes read,and take notes!I have not said anything not true!Nothing degrading! #1.Dominicans are poorly educated.I said "Blame the Government! Are you proud of the educational system here? #2.The "rich and powerful" dominicans want the system to stay the same.That way there are "poor, un-educated" masses to work cheap! Dominicans with a visa, and a brain leave for other countries,The USA #1 choice.That must be must be what "got" Natasha,s goat!That and the Fact that she spends a lot of World Bank time on dr1!#4. That very few dominicans in New York have the "skills"necessary to pass the "citizenship" test in the USA.I have been to Queens,Bronks,Washington Heights.The majority of the dominicans don,t speak English,let alone write,or have the "study skills" needed to pass the test! Sorry,but thats the truth!You know it! I point out Truth! Do something! Don,t shoot the Messenger PS. I know about Natasha,s "good deeds", but she is still there and I am Here! Let me tell you about the "Escuella Hogar Armando Rosenburg" in Sabana Perdida,where I hammered and nailed a new roof on the kitchen,where I bought ceiling fans for the class rooms,where I took thousands of dollars of donations from the commisary store of the US Consulate.An Hogar for dominican children from "severe poverty".Built with money "we" gathered in the USA! Where 160 children from 2 to 8 years old live and get a "real" education!,So "stuff" your unfounded criticisms,and get to work! Don,t tell me what you are "going to do" that don,t count for "spit!!" Criss

C

criss colon

Re: This is my home.

Pib, see, all you do is note the problems in your country.What are YOU doing to improve life here in the DR? When was the last time YOU gave some "cash" to help a poor family HERE?! I buy exta rice,cooking oil, salami, milk powder,spagetti,and stop at falling down houses and say "Excuse me but there was an "especial" today at the Super and I have extra arroz,could you use some?" You can say I like to feel like "Santa", but I bet the arroz tastes pretty good anyway!Criss

T

Tgf

"and will challenge hipocracy when I see it!"

Exactly, I believe that is the central point. Natasha, Bobs, Linamia have the "nerve" to challenge your hypocrisy in this instance. You can "stir up the pot" if you feel the need and still avoid being rude, crude, or socially unacceptable. However, if you feel you must be this way, well.....that's another story and an individual choice. But, you could show ECH, Hillbilly, as well as other posters, that a Yankee from Sommerville can be gallant and chivarious as well. Think of that...wouldn't that make them nervous. :)

C

criss colon

What makes me so smart is that my Grandmother read books to me when I was a little boy! That I went to good schools in the USA,that my parents made me do my "homework", and then sat down and checked it with me when I finished!That I had proper nutrition,perhaps too "proper", growing up.Does that make me a "bad" person? I don,t think so! The DR has none of the above. Does that make dominicans bad people,I don,t think so! You keep defending the dominican "system", "it don,t work!!!" The schools turn out graduates that can,t read or do math! It has to change!!Stop defending the in-defensable!!!"Get off your asses and show me da money!!" "show me some dominican sweat!!" Shut your mouth and open your wallet!! Criss, Now all the dominicans will say how they "Love and Support" their "Motherland" when we can,t get one dominican to lift a finger to help at the school!!

C

criss colon

Re: give me a break Criss

Quote me an "insult",I would like to see one! You need to be ridiculed,might bring about change! Stop defending the :STATUS QUO" It,s a joke!People here have no water! no lights! no education!no health care, Forget about insulting me, no water! no lights! no education! no health care!!! I can,t here you! Can I get an "AMEM, Can I hear some "rage against the machine?"Criss don,t matter!! Your people are Suffering,while you sit in you Air conditioned offices telling "Criss" he has insulted you!!You "INSULT" yourselves with your hipocracy!Criss