• Thread starter virgilio dolores-perez
  • Start date

orgulloso de ser dominicano

L

linamia

Criss

Criss,
Querer es poder!! I personally know 26 people who do not know english who became citizens in 1980!! along with their children, at this time this was not cool but they did it they studied and learned the questions and they did it. you are entiled to you comments but as a very wise men once said "Donde terminan tus derechos comiensan los mios" I am sure you consider youself very educated yet that is open to interpretation. I can intruduce you to very educated people educated right on the Island. Tell me something que buscas en DR si intelectualmente no somos tu igual o gran genio colon. I can also introduce you to people educated in the good USA that can not read or have a decent conversation with another human being. yet they were educated in the USA and ate their very nutritinal meals does that make them better than anyone else.

L

linamia

Re: give me a break Criss

TELL ME DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY OF YOUR PEOPLE GO TO BED HUNGRY HOW MANY ARE HOMELESS HOW MANY OLD PEOPLE GO INTO HOMES FOR EVER BECAUSE THEIR FAMILY DO NOT WANT TO DEAL WITH THEM. HOW MANY SERIAL KILLERS THERE ARE IN THE GOOD USA HOW MANY RAPIST AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT RUNNING TO LIVE IN YOUR PARADISE.

YOU SEE CRISS, THE PLANET WE SARE IS NOT PERFECT DEAL WITH IT.

HEY WE CAN AND WILL SURVIVE CAN YOU?

LOL

L

linamia

We will continue ...

I have to leave my air conditioned building and go get me some more graphic arts education LOL so that i can come in tomorrow and sit here all day exchanching insults with you. The good USA and the bad DR

cio bacalao

N

Natasha

"Que Bueno!!!" Here we see a PERFECT example of your "Hipocracy" I speak to:Natasha,Linamia,and now also to Susanne(Who should know better)!"

Why should Susanne know better?

"Go back and read all of my posts in this "thread",yes read,and take notes!I have not said anything not true!Nothing degrading!"

Why for the life of me are you taking this so to heart?? Did I mentioned your name??? I think you are not following the thread correctly. Go back and read everyword I wrote, you might get a clue. I also suggest that you go back and check out what has been written lately about Dominican women on this board. If saying that it is low class to call Dominican women "putas" makes me lack a back bone then so damn be it! That argument by Hinsch is old already, by the way. I also suggest that you go back and become familiar with some of my views on education in the DR. Not that I think they are unique or important. I once gave a regular poster on this baord the names of different groups of people in the DR that were doing good things in the education sector. This regular poster seemed to be very critical of the DR education system so I pointed him to these organizations where he might be to help. I never got to know whether he took me up on that though :-/

"Blame the Government!"

Shoot, who doesn't! I already got myself in "hot water" for blasting the SEE. We have been blamimg the gov't, specially those of us without any political connections :-O But more than blaming, we should be DOING something about it. Don't you think?

"The "rich and powerful" dominicans want the system to stay the same"

You are not telling us anything new, Criss.

"Dominicans with a visa, and a brain leave for other countries,The USA #1 choice.That must be must be what "got" Natasha,s goat!That and the Fact that she spends a lot of World Bank time on dr1!#4."

Get a grip! Are you sure you read my post Criss? Go back and read it. I think you have me confused with Tony. I am a woman for goodness sake!! And, I don't look that bad either. I read this board at home too...and from work...when I have time. I may not post everyday, but I sure glance at it almost daily. I also read almost all of the DR newspapers that are on line to track education news. Again, you are welcomed to contact my institutition since you seem interested in what we do (or don't do). Better yet, when you are in Washignton DC, I invite you to drop by, I can give you a tour. Bring ID or else you won't be able to get in. We can then have lunch at our sister institution, the IMF...food is better there!

"I know about Natasha,s "good deeds", but she is still there and I am Here!"

Good for you. Yes, I am in the USA, although with your Capitol being infected with Anthrax, I sure wish I were in my campo in the DR ;-) But seriously, I am worried now. On the other hand, the argument of "you being in the DR and I being here" doesn't hold much water. Any one can contribute [in numerous ways] to the betterment of the DR from anywhere they might be living.

"I hammered and nailed a new roof on the kitchen,where I bought ceiling fans for the class rooms,where I took thousands of dollars of donations from the commisary store of the US Consulate.An Hogar for dominican children from "severe poverty".Built with money "we" gathered in the USA! Where 160 children from 2 to 8 years old live and get a "real" education!"

I applaud you! I wish more foreigners (specially those who spend much more time on DR1 than I) follow your example instead of calling us all sorts of names under the sun. I think ECH works for UNIBE using his expertise in the DR. I applaud that too. Other foreigners who participate on this board sell cell phones in Boca Chica, or so I read. That's their thing, so I guess that is some "contribution". As far as getting down and dirty assisting in building schools, I may disappoint you but I have been there and done that. Not just in the DR (Haina specifically) but also in rural Pennsylvania. I think you mentioned the other day that you were in Villa Altagracia..let's just say that I spend a lot of time in Villa Altagracia when I am in the DR. My time there has to do with education and some children :-O You know Padre Billini St.?

Now, I must *really* go.

Regards as always, Natasha

S

Susanne

Re: Chris understands

Jim, there is a difference between no sugar coating and dipping the pill in acid...

Regards,
Susanne

P

Pib

Good Criss, good Criss...

If you wanted/needed/craved for my recognition and thankfulness for helping my country you got it. All at once: THANK YOU CRISS!

Now as to what I do/have done to help improve my country? None of your business, "lo que hace la mano izquierda que no lo sepa la derecha". That's how people should do it, discreetly (IMHO).

Have a very, very nice day (if so suits you).

K

Keith R

Re: NATASHA

Ernest,

I just want to second your remarks. My wife and I know Natasha as friend and neighbor, and she is one of the finest human beings we know. Contrary to the image of her that Criss is promoting, she IS working hard to help her country of origin, in more ways than one. And I must say, I've never seen her get mad like this. I've been to the Board infrequently of late, so I'm not sure of all the contributing factors, but I feel I know Natasha well enough by now to know that if she's angry, she has ample cause to be.
Best Regards,
Keith

N

Natasha

Re: NATASHA

Hi Keith,

I guess since I rarely respond to personal attacks, I must have given the impression of being angry. I never get angry on this board, but if an attack merits a respond, well I will embrace my freedoms and rights and do so. I am more concern with peace on this Earth. Those of us who live in the Washington DC area may be a little more "jittery" these days though, don't you think? Great to see you back on the board Keith.

Warmest regards, Natasha

M

Mini

Re: JOHN

Criss, if you are not a Dominican, I'm almost certain that your parents or grandparents are. If the Dominican Republic is so low to your standards, what are you doing visiting such a poor and uneducated country? It might be contagious you know!

There is something about the Dominican Educational system that you might not know. We do not send the kids to a higher grade according to their age but according to their academic achievement. Does that tell you something?

The D. R. has as much negative and possitive as any other country.

Tell me that in the U.S.A. there are not people who can't sign their names or other who have not one tooth in thier mouth and I'll accept your criticism.

The beauty of this world is the diversity.

E

ECH, M.D.

MINI

We do not send the kids to a higher grade according to their age but according to their academic achievement. Does that tell you something?

This is very true and as it should be.......and they give national exams in certain grades before they pass.....

WHAT THE PROBLEM WITH THIS IS VERY SIMPLE.......If they have a bunch of 17 year old lunk heads that have not passed out of the 4th grade.....THEY DO NOT AND SHOULD NO BE MIXED WITH CHILDREN THAT ARE 10 AND 11 YEARS OLD. The age one should be in the fourth grade. I don't want my child mixing with a late age teen for obvious reasons.

The system apparently does not recognize a need to separate these students. Of course, there is a higher need. 31,000 students don't have class rooms AT ALL and over 1000 teachers have not been paid IN OVER A YEAR. SOMETHING DEFINITELY WRONG SOMEWHERE
The Dominican children are getting short changed because there is such a low priority on education at the government level.

C

criss colon

Re: Criss

Dominicans can NEVER accept criticism,you are no acception! You always try to defend the indefensable.You never analize the facts and figures.I,m glad you are all upset.maybe you should do somethink to Help your country,not just spout hollow words to "defent it!criss

L

linamia

Re: good morning

Well hello Criss,

oh darling don't worry your pretty little head about what others have done. It is important to know what you have done. You do not become a bigger person by shouting to the seven winds what you have done.

Criss my beef with you is not because you critize us, is because you generalize just look at your last post Dominicans ......
why cant you say some people ..... tell me that the problems you see there you do not see anywhere else in the world. there is no teen pregnacy, no lack of education, no garbage, no poverty etc etc anywhere else in the world. Prove to me that Dominicans are ALL lowlifes uneducated non english speaking unable to take critism people and I will back off. Proof to me that no other race in the universe has the same prolems and I will back off. if you can't proof this then DO NOT SAY "DOMINICANS" IN YOUR CRITISM.

"Humans come in all shapes and color with different ideas, that is what makes the world go around"

C

criss colon

Thank you for proving my point! Your post says volumes about how dominicans respond to criticism.The rest of the world does have problems,but they try to improve! When you talk about "teen pregnancy" in the USA,there are many programs in place, and the rate has come down considerably in the last 10 years! The Americans responded to a "problem" with actions,they didn,t say: "sure we have a problem here ,but look at the dominican republic! they have a teen pregnancy problem too!" You can blame everyone, but that doesn,t make the problem go away!Call me all the "names" you can think of in both languages,the problems don.t go away without hard work and sacrifice! Virtues not at the top of the DR "top Ten" character traits! Criss

C

criss colon

You are better educated than I am!!! I only learned about the "Four Winds", and you learned about All "Seven!" I stand corrected! Criss

S

Susanne

No need for sarcasm, Criss. Both of you are correct.

We usually talk about the four winds but in other cultures and traditions - some of them older than our own - there are seven winds, hence the expression.

It is mentioned for instance in the Sumerian/Babylonian version of how the World was created:

"He caused the winds, he had created, to issue forth, even the seven of them,

To work the destruction of Kirbish-Tiamat, to storm behind her;

And the lord raised his mighty weapon, the hurricane."

Regards,
Susanne

C

criss colon

and Linamia had the "nerve" to ask me why I said that Susanne should know better! Thank you Susanne. Well I have got to go now, the "Six" Horsemen of the Apocalypse,are coming for dinner. Later we will watch a "video" that we all like so much,Snow White and the Dwarf! and if we have time ,the classic movie: The Musketeer! Wish you could join "us" Sorry! I can,t help myself sometimes.Criss

A

azb

If older guys like yourself stop chasing the young girls, maybe the teen pregnancy rate might come under control.
Hehehehe, Just joking.