• Thread starter virgilio dolores-perez
  • Start date

orgulloso de ser dominicano

C

criss colon

Re: Criss

Not very funny. As you know we "older guys"(not dominican) tend to support our children. The problem is the "tigres"in the "barrios", not the "gringos" in Arroyo Hondo! We "raise what we "sow!" Ressponsibility!!Criss

M

Mercy

Re: This is my home.

Given is a great virtue, and it gives a great deal of satisfation to give and make others happy. Nevertheless, such satisfaction tends to fade when we publish our good deeds.

Keep being a good giver, but do it for your own satisfaction, not to show others how good you are!!

A

azb

Re: criss

I know, it was a cruel joke. I agree with you 100%, although i know many responsible dominicans who share their burden of their responsibilities like the rest of the people all over the world. Non-the-less, i understand your point and see this growing problem with my own eyes on daily bases.

N

Nelson

Re: JOHN

There is a difference in the way you pronounce the "v" and the "b" in Spanish. "v" is "labio-dental" meaning you use your teeth and lower lip to pronounce, while "b" is "bi-labial." I agree with you that sometimes, in some words, the two letters are pronounced the same way, by some people. But, if you listen to some one having a normal conversation you may notice the difference between "vaca" and "burro." Of course, if you ask someone to pronounce them both, you will end up hearing "baca" y "burro."

C

criss colon

Thank you John, I love it when someone who actually knows something posts on this board! Usually it,s just us regulars giving our "editorial Opinion" based on our "life experiances" and not on the "facts!" Thank you again,I love "fresh Air!" Criss

C

criss colon

Re: criss

AZB, you see we do agree every once in a while! We both suffer from what I,ll call the "Ying and Yang" complex. We have a "good" side, and a "dark" side! We feel the "pain" of humanity,and want to help relieve that "pain". We want those "responsible for that pain to "suffer".We want "Good" to conquer "Evil".However, we want to also enjoy the "pleasures of the flesh" if you will! and...we may have a slight touch of "know-it-all" mixed in!How am I doing so far? Now to leave a "bad taste" in the mouths of those who "shun" the "pleasures of the flesh!" why don,t we share a couple of Presidentes and a few "college co-eds" next time you are in "la Capital!" Criss

E

ECH, MD.

John an excellent post and explaination....HOWEVER I would AGAIN like to make the point...not only I hear "BACA" (for vaca) but many will actually SPELL IT THAT WAY WHEN WRITING. And if Spanish is NOT your language and you try to look these words up in the dictionary, you won't find them! Of course, Natasha says they are clearly not spelled correctly but how does a dumb gringo like me know that? Final point....many SPELL just exactly as they pronounce the word. They say "baca" and they spell it "baca". Just like we say "Fenix" and spell it "Phoenix" LOL

C

criss colon

"You say "Potatoe' and I say "Patahtoe", "You say "tomatoe" and I say "tamahtoe", lets give the whole thing up! Criss

M

Michael

Re: Crissco is either hot oil... or in hot oil!

Please someone kill this email string!!!!! It is giving me a migraine!!!!!!!^%$%$$$$^&*(

C

criss colon

Re: This is my home.

My point was not to "show" my charitable contributions,but to list various ways that all the "posters"(instead of insisting that "All-Is -Well" in the DR)could actually do something to make a differance!Not that it will make any differance,there are "givers",and"takers" in this world and I know where I stand! Criss

N

Natasha

Good explanation, but that was exactly the point of my message to Ernest, that you may end up hearing "baca" and "burro". I was trying to explain to Ernest, who is not a dumb gringo by any means, why he may not know (or hear) the difference.

Regards, Natasha