"PICHARDO",Please See Page 16,"Diario Libre" Today,Monday,April,2nd.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Chumps" AGENDA is showing!
Since "CC" (THAT'S ME!)was the "OP",he chooses to "Shoot-The-Messenger"!
If "HB" was the "OP",he would be "Puckering Up" about now!
I guess he doesn't read DR newspapers,or watch DR TV .
I gotta get me some of his "glasses",you know,the ones that only come with "Rose Colored Lenses".
Even "PI2" was right about this one,but he had to get in a "Jab" at the USA.
Hey "Chump" why don't you just say that there would be no narco traffic in the DR if it wasn't for those bad "Americanos" in the bad USA???
It's a nice week for a long drive,late at night,take one!CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
The REASON nobody bothers to read your "links",is because,just like "Chardo",Nals,and PU2,we already know your "Agendas"!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I have never stated:

1. there is no drug laundering here
2. the DR doesn't have crime
3. the DR is a rich country

I have stated:

1. It's cheap to live here
2. Dominicans as a general are nice and sociable
3. One can be smart as to avoid being an easy target for crime
4. the politicians are worthless
5. positive aspects of Dominican culture

Furthermore the NDIC is the author of the supposed data of the Diario Libre article so I think for those who are truly interested would read it. I expect you are not for obvious reasons.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I don't suppose you guys even bothered to read the Diario Libre article....

From what I read the article speaks of the the Carribbean as a whole and doesn't specifically label the DR as being exceptional, on the contrary it says the US VI have taken over as the center of drug trafficking.

Furthermore, the article references statistics taken from the National Drug Intelligence Center and according to their website the last publication was the "National Drug Threat Assessment 2011" yet there is nothing that claims there is an increase in activity in the Dominican Republic, on the contrary it's minor role in air and sea trafficking is clearly noted:

http://www.justice.gov/ndic/pubs44/44849/44849p.pdf

With regard to the Caribbean routes being "reactivated" there is an article in the Boston Globe about the possibility of routes being reactivated due to the increase pressure on the Mexican cartels but there are no press releases from the NDIC that support this claim. Furthermore, from the latest article from the NDIC regarding the Caribbean it claims that some trafficking routes have shifted from the Dr to the Virgin Islands no doubt due to the Super Tucanos:

US official: Drug traffic may return to Caribbean - Boston.com
http://www.justice.gov/ndic/dmas/PR-VI_DMA-2011(U).pdf

It appears CC's typical eagerness to cast the DR in a negative light and the author of the Diario Libre article's apparent poor translation skills is the cause for the confusion.

I know you are not big on facts, but tend to rely on faith, however from your third link it still looks like there is lots of money for Dominicans to launder and I quote:

Despite this shift in air transportation routes from Venezuela, the Dominican Republic remains the principal transit area for cocaine and heroin transported into and through the PR/USVI HIDTA region. Most of the cocaine smuggled into the HIDTA continues to be transported from South America via cargo in maritime vessels or by courier aboard commercial aircraft into the Dominican Republic. Dominican DTOs, under the ultimate operational control of Colombian DTOs, coordinate drug shipments from the Dominican Republic to Puerto Rico using privately owned boats, such as yolas,b yachts, and other vessels longer than 30 feet equipped with hidden compartments, and noncommercial aircraft. Once the shipments reach Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico-based traffickers set aside a portion of the drugs to supply local drug markets and then transport the remainder to the CONUS by commercial air and maritime conveyances. Common destinations for CONUS-bound drugs from Puerto Rico include Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, and Orlando (FL); Newark (NJ); and Albany and Rochester (NY).

Last edited:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I know you are not big on facts, but tend to rely on faith, however from your third link it still looks like there is lots of money for Dominicans to launder and I quote:

Despite this shift in air transportation routes from Venezuela, the Dominican Republic remains the principal transit area for cocaine and heroin transported into and through the PR/USVI HIDTA region. Most of the cocaine smuggled into the HIDTA continues to be transported from South America via cargo in maritime vessels or by courier aboard commercial aircraft into the Dominican Republic. Dominican DTOs, under the ultimate operational control of Colombian DTOs, coordinate drug shipments from the Dominican Republic to Puerto Rico using privately owned boats, such as yolas,b yachts, and other vessels longer than 30 feet equipped with hidden compartments, and noncommercial aircraft. Once the shipments reach Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico-based traffickers set aside a portion of the drugs to supply local drug markets and then transport the remainder to the CONUS by commercial air and maritime conveyances. Common destinations for CONUS-bound drugs from Puerto Rico include Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, and Orlando (FL); Newark (NJ); and Albany and Rochester (NY).

Nice try windeguy.

Lets get some facts straight(again):

1. I never said there wasn't drug trafficking in the DR.

2. I am refuting the article's claim that the DR is becoming a new center of drug shipment.

3. According to THE EXECUTIVE SUMMARY VERY FIRST PAGE THE ARTICLE we both reference:

"Colombian and Venezuelan DTOs have shifted some of their cocaine air transportation
routes from the Dominican Republic to the eastern Caribbean in the vicinity of the British
Virgin Islands and the USVI."

Therefore, it is wrong to state that the drug trafficking is increasing in the DR as the Diario Libre article implies.

And please for the love of all that is right don't claim that I said drug trafficking does not exist, GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
You have to be "Cheap" to live here?
Or just "POOR"????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

"I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. "

Therefore, i am happy being "poor" to say the least.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I don't suppose you guys even bothered to read the Diario Libre article....

From what I read the article speaks of the the Carribbean as a whole and doesn't specifically label the DR as being exceptional, on the contrary it says the US VI have taken over as the center of drug trafficking.

Furthermore, the article references statistics taken from the National Drug Intelligence Center and according to their website the last publication was the "National Drug Threat Assessment 2011" yet there is nothing that claims there is an increase in activity in the Dominican Republic, on the contrary it's minor role in air and sea trafficking is clearly noted:

http://www.justice.gov/ndic/pubs44/44849/44849p.pdf

With regard to the Caribbean routes being "reactivated" there is an article in the Boston Globe about the possibility of routes being reactivated due to the increase pressure on the Mexican cartels but there are no press releases from the NDIC that support this claim. Furthermore, from the latest article from the NDIC regarding the Caribbean it claims that some trafficking routes have shifted from the Dr to the Virgin Islands no doubt due to the Super Tucanos:

US official: Drug traffic may return to Caribbean - Boston.com
http://www.justice.gov/ndic/dmas/PR-VI_DMA-2011(U).pdf

It appears CC's typical eagerness to cast the DR in a negative light and the author of the Diario Libre article's apparent poor translation skills is the cause for the confusion.

You did say that the DR has a minor role when one of the articles you posted said the DR is still the largest problem. Did you not say minor role? Or am I not reading what you posted above.

Once again I quote from the third reference you made where I would equate the word PRINCIPAL with MAJOR ROLE!

Despite this shift in air transportation routes from Venezuela, the Dominican Republic re-
mains the principal transit area for cocaine and heroin transported into and through the PR/USVI HIDTA region.1

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
You did say that the DR has a minor role when one of the articles you posted said the DR is still the largest problem. Did you not say minor role?

Minor compared to the overall amount of drugs smuggled:

p16 National Drug Assessment 2011

"Drug smuggling in noncommercial aircraft
into the United States is limited. In recent
years, most of these operations involved
Caribbean trafficking organizations smuggling
cocaine from the Dominican Republic
to the Bahamas and into south Florida."

This smuggling is declining no doubt due to the Super Tucanos:

p1 Puerto Rico/U.S. Virgin Islands High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area

"Colombian and Venezuelan DTOs have shifted some of their cocaine air transportation
routes from the Dominican Republic to the eastern Caribbean in the vicinity of the British

It is therefore wrong to propose that the trafficking through the DR is increasing.

Most logical people would see that is a GOOD thing.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Minor compared to the overall amount of drugs smuggled:

p16 National Drug Assessment 2011

"Drug smuggling in noncommercial aircraft
into the United States is limited. In recent
years, most of these operations involved
Caribbean trafficking organizations smuggling
cocaine from the Dominican Republic
to the Bahamas and into south Florida."

This smuggling is declining no doubt due to the Super Tucanos:

p1 Puerto Rico/U.S. Virgin Islands High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area

It is therefore wrong to propose that the trafficking through the DR is increasing.

Most logical people would see that is a GOOD thing.

Less trafficking of illegal drugs through the DR is a good thing, but the DR is still a major player in the failed war on drugs when considering the Caribbean and drug smuggling using boats (you cherry picked the aircraft line above), which is where I happen to live.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Less trafficking of illegal drugs through the DR is a good thing, but the DR is still a major player in the failed war on drugs when considering the Caribbean and drug smuggling using boats (you cherry picked the aircraft line above), which is where I happen to live.

I never said there was no drug trafficking nor that it wasn't a serious problem - I am only refuting the article, capiche?????

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I'll take the money NOW!
I'll give it all to my kids just before I die!
Besides,as an unrepentet fornicator,and worse,Ican't go to 'heaven" anyway!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I'll take the money NOW!

Jesus himself might give you a run for your money... so you might make it to heaven after all.

Just an idea... convert to islam, right before you die, then blow yourself up, and you will get 100 virgins in heaven. Should keep you busy for a couple of days, at least.

BelgianK

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Jesus himself might give you a run for your money... so you might make it to heaven after all.

Just an idea... convert to islam, right before you die, then blow yourself up, and you will get 100 virgins in heaven. Should keep you busy for a couple of days, at least.

BelgianK

You have a ODD since of humor!!!

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
I'll take the money NOW!

Money will be the LEAST of your problems my friend.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I never said there was no drug trafficking nor that it wasn't a serious problem - I am only refuting the article, capiche?????

I see . A few questions then. Is this the link to the article you dispute?

Narcotraficantes reactivan las rutas en la regi?n del Caribe - DiarioLibre.com

Here is a translation of that article, if I have the correct one. What is it exactly that you dispute in the article below?

Revenues from drug trafficking in the Caribbean are greater than those generated by the formal economy of the region

SANTO DOMINGO. The routes of the "triangle of the Caribbean", including the coastal waters of the Dominican Republic, Haiti, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands have gained new prominence in the drug trade, while South America's major drug traffickers "maintain money laundering operations in islands of the region ", according to the National Intelligence Centre on Drugs (NDIC), the United States.

The current trend is to use narco Virgin Islands (British) and U.S. as new bridges to receive drugs.

"The routes between the coasts of South American nations and the Caribbean coast, especially the two Virgin Islands, have been substantially activated as places to get drugs that are then sent to U.S. soil," says State Department U.S. in a report on current situation of drug trafficking.

In the Caribbean, drug trafficking income "and are greater than those generated by the formal economy of the region," marking of the International Narcotics Control Board (INCB), the United Nations Organization.

That company warned of the increase recorded in the transfer of designer drugs, "in order to circumvent existing control mechanisms" and the growing power of drug corruption.

The UN report also warned of an increase in drug consumption in the United States during 2009.

This increase in consumption, suggests that the availability of illicit drugs remains high, despite the increase in seizures of illegal narcotics in the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico and the boarding of powerful drug lords, Jose David Figueroa, aka "Junior Capsule "and Angel Ayala Vazquez, known as" Angelo Millions "and" Buster ", who for a decade controlled the drug smuggling operations in the Caribbean.

Seizures DNCD

The National Drug Control (DNCD) has seized since the year 2000 to the first quarter of 2012, a total of 39, 353.7 kilos of cocaine, 129.7 kilos of crack, 974.4 kilos of heroin, 14 kilos of marijuana and 594.4 64, 704 marijuana plants, according to reports from that institution.

The year 2011 was the year that took in more cocaine in Quisqueya, killing 6, 747. 7 kilos confiscated. That figure increases to 1,500 kilos of cocaine seized on Sunday March 25th in Juan Dolio.

Hard fighting in PR

At a time when the convict Jose David Figueroa, aka "Junior Capsule" made admission of guilt in the crimes of drug trafficking and money laundering in federal court in San Juan, the streets of his native Borinquen, still permeated by the fear that infuse the daily activities of drug sales and "settling of scores" between members of different drug gangs.

Almost every week someone dies shot by "gunmen" blood staining bars, nightclubs, restaurants and shopping malls to parking.

Puerto Rico: No Man's Land

A street shootings in Puerto Rico, there is the shock generated by synchronized frequent operations of the Police and DEA agents in country houses and apartment complexes, for drugs with a high balance of people arrested and the seizure of large quantities of drugs and weapons.

So far this year, have been seized several shipments of cocaine, including one valued at U.S. $ 60 million and another with an estimated value of $ 4.9 million, and dozens of packets of traffic micro-crack, heroin and marijuana.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
No one without a shadow of doubt can tell you in 2012 what was bought with drug money and what was not, but a VERY VERY small percentage of people on the planet, and you and I will never know because we are not in that circle.

Trying to analyze the cartels business transactions is a waist of time because no one really knows who is a member or not. Thats like asking yourself why does a duck get to walk, swim, and fly.

think you are wrong there.. I have a REALLY good nose for cocaine money. I am a very well trained K 9

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
ATTENTION ALL DR1 Posters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will all be "BANNED",if you continue to Confuse "CHUMP" with FACTS!!! :eek:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
the only thing that I would dispute in this article.. and it is not really a dispute .. but if the cartels that are operating here think that they are going to get into the British Virgin Islands and transit from there. they have another think coming

first the entire area to the east of the Mona passage is SWARMING with US Coast Guard.

Every one knows EVERY one in Tortola.... and all the little keys

they may be able to penatrate the US Virgins.. but I doubt that as well.

Actually, I think that the Dominicans have decided that they would just as soon not have their home island used as transit point.

It was one thing when the Domincan gangs were running all to crack from NY to Canada.... They thought they could work with the Colombians and only infect the African Americans in the projects .. they were running with the Italian mob...

but now... now.. we have the Colombians HERE along with the Russian mob. And the \Colombians do not give a damn about young Dominicanos. So they started paying in product rather than cash. And so, over the last four years, we now have crack in Pedernales, Crack in Monte Christi... crack all over SD and Santiago... not to mention San Francisco de Marcoris where all the yobos thought they could retire in peace and luxury. Not so.

So you have the Russian alphabet coming up in signs in Punta Cana and Las Terrenas.

Now the NYC cops could not save Brooklyn from the Russian Mob

Do you think that you can save Las Terrenas?

Not when the Banco Popular branch there lets the Russians walk in and deposit 24 million EURO in the name of some local Dominican. TRUE .. Overheard in English

from the Russian to the Dominican

"and you will not touch one peso of that, understood?"

because .. of course,... the Russians will kill your entire family.