Picking on Canadians

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Queen Anna's Jester

....comment by La Barbie was ..... the remark that European women are easy. Especially when it is made by soemone who has not got a clue what they are talking about...
La_Barbie does know Europe, at least this is what she says.
This, however, makes things worse... :(

...where people manage to be civil...
Please do not judge by one black sheep... ;)

m'frog

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Cool Postings

P.S. If there was the kind of pool near my office that m'frog has in his house, I would definitely not exceed more then a hundred in the number of posts ...

1. Well, the pool is outside the house. :lick:
2. Frog has got a laptop and a wireless LAN.
3. You see? The hotter it is, the more posts a frog can send... ;)

2442txu.jpg

m'frog
(OoOHbA)

*Order of Official Hate by Anna :laugh:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Froggie I can now understand the reason you can sit on your duff all day posting :laugh:

I will definitely have to come for a visit to see that marvelous view. ;)

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
One more place to visit while in DR

The view on that picture is gorgeous. If all views are like that in this country - I have no idea what I am still doing here reading about the DR and posting from my office ...:ermm: I will finally be there in a couple of months ...:bunny:

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
No competition between the Canadians and Brits. Canadian women don't fight for men, and don't fall for lines like "I love you, and "I want to marry" after one week vacation. The Brits are just easy. There are more Dominicans in Britain than there are in Canada.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Country of contrasts ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avrora
... If all views are like that in this country...

M'frog: Some, not all. /Quote

Just the same as in my country ... Beautiful and ugly, rich and poor, good and terrible - all mixed ...

People from countries with good economies and low crime rate who don't have experience living somewhere else can be naive and trustful and become an easy catch for a sankie or just plain criminal if they don't learn how to protect themselves... That is why it is better not to talk to people you don't know especially while on vacation. We are going there to have fun and have great memories afterwards and not get hurt and suffer consequences ...

Last edited:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
No competition between the Canadians and Brits. Canadian women don't fight for men, and don't fall for lines like "I love you, and "I want to marry" after one week vacation. The Brits are just easy. There are more Dominicans in Britain than there are in Canada.

Sorry, it has to be said...have you been to Toronto or Montreal, ever? If there are more Dominicans in Britain than in Canada, it could have something to do with the general population ratio.

I must also say that if you think Canadian women don't fall for these lines, you must've fallen off the platano truck somewhere along the line. While I love my country and am a very proud Canadian, we seem to be too trusting and naive. Many believe these lines, and I personally know of way too many that have fallen for them and had their hearts broken and wealth devastated. Read the forums awhile, and you'll see what I mean.

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
I've read the forums and the majority of stories are from British women. Maybe they like airing their dirty laundry more than the average Canadian because we are proud citizens, and I'm one of them. I agree we are trusting and naive, but we also have intelligence and I myself know when I'm being fed a line and don't fall for BS in Domincan Republic or Toronto. Anyone with an ounce of a brain would certainly see the signs especially when someone asks you for money for their sick mother. Maybe they should be reading the sankie forums.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Maybe they should be reading the sankie forums.

Definitely, I think it's the purpose of this forum; I think Anna does a really great job here to try to keep everyone in line and reminding people that a Dominican man does not = a sankie.

BTW, over the years, I've seen far more posts coming from Canadian women than from British women. And that's despite the population difference.

Last edited:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I agree with Trina but in curlyq defense - you wil be seeing more from brits right now as we have far more british tourists then canadian here in the summer season...... Read the forums in the winter months - much different story!

On the whole I think that we have more canadian tourists annually then british. So it would stand to reason - more canadian tourists - more canadian victims, willing or otherwise.

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
I was not implying that every Dominican man is a sankie, as I don't believe all of them are, I just suggested that people read the forums. If you allow yourself to become a victim to these men then you only have yourself to blame. End of story.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
The reality is that most of the "victims" dont know about these forums in advance.

NOt all Dominican men are sankies. You are right, there are some very decent and wonderful men in this country.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Perhaps a poll needed ...

Definitely, I think it's the purpose of this forum; I think Anna does a really great job here to try to keep everyone in line and reminding people that a Dominican man does not = a sankie.

BTW, over the years, I've seen far more posts coming from Canadian women than from British women. And that's despite the population difference.

To settle this issue. Let's see ... recognizing political correctness and with no intention of offending cultured British and Canadian women .... who's dumber, Canadian or British women seeking sankie services in the DR?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Well going by memory of IP addresses I kind of thought it might be a close race between the Canadians and the Brits so doing a little digging and going back to the time we made the rule about posting where you are from I found some imteresting results even for me.

Drum roll please.......................the results for the question...does anyone know is as follows.

England 23
Canada 18
USA 17
Germany 5
other countries 7

The Canadians are the most honest in answering ( no surprise there) where they were from whereas others had to be asked, some more than once.

Are we surprised? :laugh:

PS
I did recheck the IP as I searched.

bexx

Apr 27, 2006
Anna C

And I take offence that you took a section from my post and used it to try and be clever and justify the ridiculous comments made in this post.

I said girls (mainly Canadian) flirting!!! - not Canadian girls being easy, not Canadian girls opening their legs. I was not offensive nor did I make any comment on what the canadian girls were like.

Status
Not open for further replies.