Plaza Restauracion, Santiago RD$ 1.3 billion

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
The only mall I ever see even remotely "empty" is Bella Terra and anyone that thinks for half a second knows why.. What is about 1/2 KM west of Bella Terra on the same exact road?

Colinas is rather empty along with Plaza International. If you walk around Colinas, you would notice how many stores aren't occupied or still under construction. I don't remember what is 1/2 km west of Berra Terra, do tell. :)

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
The only mall I ever see even remotely "empty" is Bella Terra and anyone that thinks for half a second knows why.. What is about 1/2 KM west of Bella Terra on the same exact road?

Colinas is rather empty along with Plaza International. If you walk around Colinas, you would notice how many stores aren't occupied or still under construction. I don't remember what is 1/2 km west of Berra Terra, do tell. :)

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010

Plaza Internacional

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
When is the secret time colinas mall is empty? Every time I go there to get some teriyaki from the food court i have to park on the exposed top level, every other spot is taken! Please share!

Just because the small-ish underground parking lot is all occupied, doesn't mean the mall is busy, - more like that they suck at parking lot capacity planning. Lots and lots of vacant stores there. But at least Las Colinas mall has working escalators - clearly not a priority for the Bella Terra mall management. You are even lucky to find a working elevator there, it's a disgrace really. Worst parking in the country too.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Wouldn't Plaza International be east of Bella Terra? :)

My bad sense of direction would explain why I get lost so much lol.. Anyways, yea, bad planning on location. It's so obvious Santiago is ready for more high end plazas/malls but the location needs to be right. On JPD now there is Nacionals Plaza, Plaza Internacional, Bella Terra, The yellow decoration plaza, and Bravo so close nearby.. all fairly crappy planning in my opinion honestly. What Santiago needs is something like lincoln road in south beach, or city place in west palm beach.. These would be areas similar to la zona colonial in the capital.. Just a place where all the nice shops can be in one long strip that is nicely designed and secure.

Another note about bella terra, somehow I lose my car in their underground parking lot every time I go.. that's probably part of the reason I avoid it.

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009
Yeah that's the good thing about this new plaza restaiuracion, is not close to the other Malls, though I honestly believe the Mall would be better built in the 27 febrero, by lo Jardines and chef peper.

As for Bella Terra, if they had built a better building and had better management, maybe they could have replaced as the prefered mall in the JPD, but they were idiots and I guess thought that just because they were "new" they would steel all the costumers from PI.
Just because the small-ish underground parking lot is all occupied, doesn't mean the mall is busy, - more like that they suck at parking lot capacity planning. Lots and lots of vacant stores there. But at least Las Colinas mall has working escalators - clearly not a priority for the Bella Terra mall management. You are even lucky to find a working elevator there, it's a disgrace really. Worst parking in the country too.
I think Sayonara clearly said he parks in the expose roof Top when ALL OTHER SPOTS are taken. The underground parking lot has the capacity for 500 cars, that's way more than that of any Supermerkat or other sort of store in the city, I don't know how you would consider that smallish, at least for Dominican standars thats pretty big. Furthermore the whole mall has the capacity of 950 cars, making it by far the parking lot with the most car capacity in the city, you're welcome to correct me if I'm wrong. I've never park in the underground parking lot, I always go in from Av. las Colinas and it takes me sometimes up to 15 minutes to find a spot, since I would never leave my car on the less secure rooftop, explain to me how that's not being busy? And of course they're gonna be some vacant stores, is the third biggest mall in the island, it takes time to fill it up, but don't exaggerate, I don't know what the definition of empty for you guys might be, but Colinas looks pretty full to me, with alot of foot traffic, heck I went to the movie theater the other day and and in the food court had to wait to be able to seat and have a meal.

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
My bad sense of direction would explain why I get lost so much lol.. Anyways, yea, bad planning on location. It's so obvious Santiago is ready for more high end plazas/malls but the location needs to be right. On JPD now there is Nacionals Plaza, Plaza Internacional, Bella Terra, The yellow decoration plaza, and Bravo so close nearby.. all fairly crappy planning in my opinion honestly. What Santiago needs is something like lincoln road in south beach, or city place in west palm beach.. These would be areas similar to la zona colonial in the capital.. Just a place where all the nice shops can be in one long strip that is nicely designed and secure.

Another note about bella terra, somehow I lose my car in their underground parking lot every time I go.. that's probably part of the reason I avoid it.

I understand but Infeel Santiago is on the rise. It's a combination of possible bad planning but definitely the current economic situation needs to change. Who knows if malls are going to be a thing of the past with the exhaustive use of the internet for shopping purposes. :)

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009
So I'm guessing the north coast has way more to offer? lol and beauty is the eyes of the beholder.

So I'm guessing the north coast has way more to offer? lol and beauty is the eyes of the beholder.

I just don't see why anyone would chose to go to that city if they are not from this Country?!
What is beautiful about it? I am serious, I would like to know!

I've been over 20 times and don't see any beauty! I love my Quiznos and PriceSmart but can't wait to leave!

I have a high standard of beautiful coming from Beautiful British Columbia!

Last edited:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I just don't see why anyone would chose to go to that city if they are not from this Country?!

I've been over 20 times and don't see any beauty! I love my Quiznos and PriceSmart but can't wait to leave!

Having lived on the west coast of the US I completely agree. Santiago is the nicer of the two large cities here in the DR, but the word beautiful has not come into any conversation I have ever had about Santiago.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Harleysrock, remember where you are, not many cities come close to the beauty of Vancouver, and I would like to know, as you, where is the beauty in Santiago?????
My wife used to live there and loves it and wants to move back, but I say NO F'N WAY.....4
But on a brighter side, the traffic has been a little better these last few months

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009

Well I can see why a foreigner like you coming from the far north, and I'm guessing not young, would chose the north coast any day of the week. As for me, I think I could never live in the north coast, the boredom would kill me, what is there to do in the city of Puerto Plata, or the other tourist towns, heck there's not even a Pizza hut or a movie theater there.

As for what it has to offer, which you mentioned in your fist post yet totally omitted on this one, Santiago has way more to offer for someone who lives in the island full time, than the North Coast. In terms of education, social life, culture, shopping, food, night life, health care, entertainment, sports, history, people, events, etc.. is way superb than the NC, sure the NC has the resorts, obviously the beaches and more Putas and sakies, everything but in everything else Santiago wins, there's a reason why many north coaster come down to Santiago, you included. but then again like I said before, I can totally see a gringo, or someone who just likes a peaceful beach view life style chose the NC any day over Santiago, I'm just given you my reasons why I would never live there.

Ohh and about what's beautiful, the surrounding towns Janico, Sajoma, etc are extremely beautiful, very similar to Jarabacoa but less populated, and just 20-30 minutes away, ohh the girls lets not even go there, the mountains surrounding the city and the views one can have from there, the residential areas that are well kept and organize, the Dominicans in Santiago are just beautiful lol etc.. again definitely not the most beautiful place in the world but maybe my low standard for beauty sees beauty where the rest don't. Ohh I would like to know what's beautiful about the NC besides all those extremely nice beaches?

Again, sounds just like me when I go to the north coast, once in a while I'll get a good deal on a resort, go with my girl eat like a pig and **** like a dog for two days, but after that, it just gets boring being lock up in a resort, and with nothing to do outside of it. This conversation reminds me of the saying "Santiago is only for Santiagueros" I would also add and for those who come on their monthly trips in need of its services.

Last edited:

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006

If you've been there more than twenty times and don find it attractive, no amount of convincing would make a difference to you. I live in New York and love NYC. Others hate Manhattan for whatever reason. Qu? sera, sera :)

Well I can see why a foreigner like you coming from the far north, and I'm guessing not young, would chose the north coast any day of the week. As for me, I think I could never live in the north coast, the boredom would kill me, what is there to do in the city of Puerto Plata, or the other tourist towns, heck there's not even a Pizza hut or a movie theater there.

As for what it has to offer, which you mentioned in your fist post yet totally omitted on this one, Santiago has way more to offer for someone who lives in the island full time, than the North Coast. In terms of education, social life, culture, shopping, food, night life, health care, entertainment, sports, history, people, events, etc.. is way superb than the NC, sure the NC has the resorts, obviously the beaches and more Putas and sakies, everything but in everything else Santiago wins, there's a reason why many north coaster come down to Santiago, you included. but then again like I said before, I can totally see a gringo, or someone who just likes a peaceful beach view life style chose the NC any day over Santiago, I'm just given you my reasons why I would never live there.

Ohh and about what's beautiful, the surrounding towns Janico, Sajoma, etc are extremely beautiful, very similar to Jarabacoa but less populated, and just 20-30 minutes away, ohh the girls lets not even go there, the mountains surrounding the city and the views one can have from there, the residential areas that are well kept and organize, the Dominicans in Santiago are just beautiful lol etc.. again definitely not the most beautiful place in the world but maybe my low standard for beauty sees beauty where the rest don't. Ohh I would like to know what's beautiful about the NC besides all those extremely nice beaches?

Again, sounds just like me when I go to the north coast, once in a while I'll get a good deal on a resort, go with my girl eat like a pig and **** like a dog for two days, but after that, it just gets boring being lock up in a resort, and with nothing to do outside of it. This conversation reminds me of the saying "Santiago is only for Santiagueros" I would also add and for those who come on their monthly trips in need of its services.

Yes I am old, my 38th bday is coming up in a week!!

Some surrounding areas are beautiful like Jarabacoa, I love it there!!

I was being sincere in wanting to know what is great about Santiago as I would like to check those things out.

I am not debating that it doesn't have more services than the NC, of course it does but that does not make it a tourist destination or beautiful!