Police Action In Sosua, Cabarete, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coralia

Mar 30, 2007
www.myspace.com
LOLOLPapi, what are You meaning with an Old Lady? hahahahha..FYI, i am 55 young and looking dayum good for a Gringa....LOLOL...so what is OLD, oh...and some chiccas can confirm...I can shake my cutie a*** pretty well as the chiccas do...LOL..i just wanted to make a funny comment...but its all true....wink....sighned some dutchie

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I went with my wife to the DR ( Las Terrenas) and I went with my boys before : never payed a woman for sex...That's my trophy and my pride...

Betcha I pay less for sex than you. You pay one way or another my friend...it's what makes the world go around.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
LOLLLLLLL man you're funny...Yo soy un moreno joven en fuerte....Live me with your dominican chica 1hr and she'll get rid of you I can bet 10000 Dollars for that...

Just because people doesn't take the plane to have sex with nasty girls who know ALL THE TOURISTS (Do you not afraid ????) doesn't mean that they're people of Gomorrha...Sorry I don't eat on that plate too...

If I had a chica in the DR I'd would get a nice middle cass student from Santiago, or Santo Domingo...Yes sir !!! But game is over for me I'm happily married...

HaHaHa.....when are you going to take your comedy routine on the road with you?????? Because everything you talk about is a JOKE, just like the possee of hip-hop, NYC homies you hang with in Sosua.......

Brothalove

Jan 15, 2010
Empire State of Mind aka New York City... I don't roll with a possee, but I love ALL RACES from NYC and beyond. "The land of the FREE and the home of the BRAVE".

Brothalove

Jan 15, 2010
I just wanted to humor Mr. FritoBandito........ The broken record is still stuck on "Hip-Hop Brothas from Nu Yawk" creating havoc in Sosua. U GOTTA LAUGH!!!

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
i ain't holding grudges i'm just stating the truth. what white people haven't had a racist history towards blacks? come on man where you've been at?

Do you think all white people have had a racist history against black?

Let's look at the US and see where that's not true;

1. There are many, many European countries that didn't partake in slave trade, who make up sizeable minorities; Swedish, German, Irish had nothing to do with slavery.

2. Furthermore, in the US civil war, the white people of the North fought the white people of the South in no small part to end slavery; again many Irish, German, Swedish descendants fought in this war.

3. Many white people voted for Obama as president; that to me is clear sign of the loss of significance that race holds; more and more people are judged on their individual merits.

So, no, I don't believe all whites have a history of racism againts blacks...

Now can the social position of minorities be improved upon; it most certainly can, but that is in most part up to taking the individual opportunities presented to you... look forward, not look back (too much)..

I do rather like Dr. King's take on things

Last edited:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Speaking of the history of Sosua, didn't Leonel Fernandez shut down some of the establishments in an attempt to curb prostitution during his first term?

I'm sure some of the long-time Sosua residents/expats/business owners remember this time.

How did that particular action affect tourism?

What exactly was the endgame then, and what has changed now? I have not heard from anyone in charge that the objective is to turn the town into a family-oriented family attraction, when I get the impression that it never was.

If I'm wrong on this, what exactly was in Sosua that families flocked to that is no longer there, or is the assumption that the hordes of putas drove them out to be replaced by mongers and their Rico Suave brethren who swear up and down they're too stoopid-goood loooking and charming to have to pay for sex while in town?

benn

Jun 27, 2011
Just came back last month from Boca Chica

I was amazed to see underage girls like 14yo or 15yo being approached by older guys

In broad day light, on the beach or in the middle of the street and the police does nothing!

Don't get me wrong, I am all for having a good time as long as all participates are at the legal age.

But a 70yo guy offering to pay for sex with a 15yo? That is not cool at all man!​

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Quick history lesson: Who was it who sold the slaves to the slave traders? Other black Africans. It was the "brothers" selling out the "brothers....."

1. Not True : they all participated in the slave trade MUCH LESS than Portuguese, Spanish, English, French and Dutch

2. Not True : the true reason of the civil war was to maintain all the states, and not to fight slavery

- Many books explain this hidden fact of our history : see Pr Howard Zinn for instance

3. Obama was a social worker not so long ago, how do you think this guy arrived at the white house : Bankers ( see his campaign where a high official of citigroup collected funds for him), war industry and multinationals elected Obama... HOW ?

By their communication and media networks...Like KRS ONE said , OBAMA is only the McDonald Manager...US predident is elected by other people who decide about politics, social (health care ), foreign relations...That same people need wars to make money this is why we're still in Afghanistan and Irak...Like in the sixties we were in Vietnam after they killed a president (JFK) who didn't want that war...

All whites are not racist, but since the slave trade, equating Black = Slave = Inferior race = Subhumans spread racism all over the world...The most funny thing is that since antiquity to the beginning of the slave trade ( 15th century) slaves were at 99 % white people:

- In Greece
- In Roma
- In Byzance

During muslim spain ( 700 yrs of presence), 99 % of the slaves were whites and called Saqalibas ( Saqaliba = a slavic person) and they were from Eastern Europe : Albania, Bulgaria, Russia etc....All over history the whites were the benchmark for slaves ( a slave , slav is a white man from Eastern Europe)

Sclavus ( Latin) = Servus (Latin) = Esclave (French) = Sclau (Catalan) = Slave (English) = Saqaliba (Arabic)

Even the fist slaves in the new world after natives indians were white folks... I was in Puerto Rico 3 months ago and in the Museo de Nuestra Raiz Africana, you'll find documents dating from 1512 with Spanish masters with white slaves...It's in Old San Juan...

The biggest crime of the slave trade is the genocides of millions of Africans and it also originated the racism towards blacks : they had to justify their criminal acts...

In Middle Ages Slaves and Greeks were also victims of racial justification ( subhumans, beasts) , to allow their slave status...

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Quick history lesson: Who was it who sold the slaves to the slave traders? Other black Africans. It was the "brothers" selling out the "brothers....."

I get SO tired of hearing that slavery was an original concept of the whites. Slavery existed among African tribes long before the white man stepped foot on that continent. And remeber, slavery could have never reached the scale it did without the COOPERATION of Africans themselves. It was your own brothers who sold you out...........

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
WOW from Sosua to the Slave trade !!!!! Off-topic to a new level...

Dani, you are wasting your time, not all white are racist ( especially NOT Frito, he just dislikes Blacks from New-York ;) )

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Slave trade as root to African Crisis

Economics was the driving force

From the outset, relations between Europe and Africa were economic. Portuguese merchants traded with Africans from trading posts they set up along the coast. They exchanged items like brass and copper bracelets for such products as pepper, cloth, beads and slaves - all part of an existing internal African trade. Domestic slavery was common in Africa and well before European slave buyers arrived, there was trading in humans. Black slaves were captured or bought by Arabs and exported across the Saharan desert to the Mediterranean and Near East.

Most slaves sold by Africans

Estimates of the total human loss to Africa over the four centuries of the transatlantic slave trade range from 30 million to 200 million. At the initial stage of the trade parties of Europeans captured Africans in raids on communities in the coastal areas. But this soon gave way to buying slaves from African rulers and traders. The vast majority of slaves taken out of Africa were sold by African rulers, traders and a military aristocracy who all grew wealthy from the business. Most slaves were acquired through wars or by kidnapping.

I have a Bachelor Degree in History and Computer Science and a Masters Degree in Social Sciences........

If you went to school and went to university....Which I highly doubt when I see you stupid comments...

Demonstrate what you're saying...

The huge slave trade in europe from antiquity was due to the internal tribe wars...You can see the book "Slavery and Serfdom" by Marc Bloch....

As you see I gve references because I studied the topic...You have only ignorant statements...So please give the scholars you read ( if you ever read a book...) to confirm your statements...

SLAVE = EASTERN EUROPE man who has been enslaved for centuries all over europe....This is why their ethnic name was / is the reference for a man without freedom...

They're branded, raped, whipped, chained in slave gangs ( rome, france), some used to have slave breeding plantation of white folks in Europe (Europe) : my references

- Marc Bloch
- Charles Verlinden
- Moses Finley
- Pierre Bonnassie

As you I give references, please give yours...

Last edited:

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Can you guy's please start up your own threat regarding slavery, maybe in the Off Topic Forum? I'd like to read this thread on how the situation evolves in SOSUA regarding the POLICE ACTIONS!

Thanks.

Acira

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Sorry I had to teach a lesson to this guy who thinks than any black from NYC is LOUD and IGNORANT when he can't give one reference of his statements...This guy never went to college or university...For sure...Let's go back to Sosua...I'm Done with this clown...

I suspect that someone who thinks all blacks from a particular area in the US act the same, doesn't have the necessary brain to learn a lesson :)

Last edited:

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Sorry I had to teach a lesson to this guy who thinks than any black from NYC is LOUD and IGNORANT when he can't give one reference of his statements...This guy never went to college or university...For sure...Let's go back to Sosua...I'm Done with this clown...

Who's the clown???? In all your posts, you're the one who comes across as uneducated. If you look at that article I posted, it was written by an African, and I would say an African would be less biased. I don't have time to do full blown research to prove you wrong. But it is obvious that you have selective memory about the books you have read when it comes to slavery....

Now I going to mow some grass before it rains......

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
As much as I know I'm ****ing in the wind...

There are a few of us here, like Eddy and Ken (who I'm sure I must know in person...) who remember how things were before things became as they are now.

As long as I can remember (1987), there were always prostitutes in Sosua. But they were in Casa del Sol (later Oxy2) or in Charamicos. If you wanted that sort of thing, you went out and got it. If you didn't want it, you didn't have to deal with it. Being accosted (or 'approached' if you prefer) in downtown el Batey was unheard of.

Meanwhile, bars and restaurants did brisk business. They shut relatively early and if you wanted to keep partying, you headed over to Charamicos, where you knew what you were getting into (ridiculously greasy heartstopper fries at Cafe Maria, for example). Hotels were full year round.

Slowly but surely, hookers started gaining footholds in Sosua, and when Plaza Marinero opened (with enough political influence to pull it off), all bets were off. Suddenly you didn't have to get on a motoconcho to go get some hookers, rather you couldn't avoid it.

More to the point, there was no longer a difference between the family friendly tourism areas (el Batey, in general) and the single 'company-seeking' tourism. So the family friendly tourism went elsewhere. Leaving us, over time, with only the tourism we now have.

The economic consequence of this shift in paradigm should be fairly obvious to anyone who lived it.

Now people make the argument that without prostitution based tourism we're done. To a certain degree they're correct. If the sex tourism in Sosua suddenly packed up and left, there would be a serious short and medium negative effect on the local economy. Much like when that same toursim undermined and eventually destroyed the family tourism.

But that's not the same as saying that we can;t survive without it. Cabarete manages to control it somewhat (although less than in the past) and manages to do reasonably well despite it (although the negatives of prositution are felt there as well).

And it's not the same as saying we can't reverse some of our misfortune by controlling it.

I fail to see why we need open prositution in the centre of town, for example. If tourists really come thousands of miles just for prostitutes, is it really that unreasonable to think they would travel a mile more to find their hook-up? Can we not move this business to the outskirts of town? Does it HAVE to be right downtown?

Does it HAVE to be out of control? Can we not expect those people living from the proceeds of prostitution to control what happens in their own establishments? In the countries we come from, bar owners are somewhat responsible for what happens in their bars. And when minors enter, they are fined and shut down for a while. Which is why bars in Sosua (apparently) check for ID. I see nothing wrong with enforcing these minimum standards of behaviour.

I only wish there was year-round enforcement, which would be better than the all-or-nothing approach that understandably offends so many.

Mind you, I would prefer that we had a long-term sustainable vision of Sosua that we all worked toward, but after almost a quarter century of advocating that, I'm coming to terms with the fact that we get the town we deserve. I live in Sosua with my family, but I drive to Cabarete to eat out or have a drink. There are tonnes of people just like me that would have loved to go to Sosua, but go to Punta Cana instead. You might have heard of Punta Cana -- it's that tourist destination where all the families go. You know, where they make tonnes and tonnes of money every year from those people who are looking for the family vacation we can no longer offer.

So true

Status
Not open for further replies.