Porsche Santo Domingo

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Your picture is there, just gigantic Maybe it is too large to load on some phones/platforms?
Its this forum that doesn't allow large pictures to be fully displayed. The only way to see a complete large photo is to right-click on the photo and then click on 'open in new tab.'

Some forums automatically shrink the photo to an aceptable size and anyone that wants to see it in full size simply has to click on the photo and it gets large. I don't know why this feautre isn't applied here on DR1.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I'd do all the labor but body prep & painting myself. All new components, including engine.

Personally , I think they paint very well....

If I can track my friends... I'll report....

You at least have a clue... these two are in 'learning' mode

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Personally , I think they paint very well....

If I can track my friends... I'll report....

You at least have a clue... these two are in 'learning' mode
If I pull the trigger on one, I plan on attending the build school. Money very well spent.

I can twist wrenches with the best of them, but never did any body prep or paint.

I'm also thinking of maybe a '73-'82 C3 with an engine swap, 190hp/260 tourques easily becoming 320+/350+. Not as brutal in terms of power, still very lively, longer wheelbase and with an automatic so Alida could drive. More of a GT than pure balz muscle car with a stiff suspension. AND, not nearly the same $$$.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Oh! If I could afford a Macan...
That's a much better comment than the 'anyone that gets a Porsche is this or that.'

For some reason comments that categorize people for the things they buy always seem to have a hint of envy of sorts. Sometimes I wonder what would they do if they had the means to get a Porsche. I think we all know the answer to that. lol

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
THe Shelby Mustangs automatics had a light truck tranny to cope with the power....
I'm a Ford guy, but Chevy had much better auto trannies that Ford in the late 60's-70's. Their CH400 is still a benchmark for muscle cars of the era.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
That's a much better comment than the 'anyone that gets a Porsche is this or that.'

For some reason comments that categorize people for the things they buy always seem to have a hint of envy of sorts. Sometimes I wonder what would they do if they had the means to get a Porsche. I think we all know the answer to that. lol

Although I've maintained that I'm a lover of ugly cars (From Jensen Interceptor to Triumph Stag, Jaguar E-Type, Alpha Romeo GTV-6, 2003-2008 BMW-Z4, BMW 3.0 CSi, Mazda RX-7, Datsun 280Z 2+2, Nissan 300ZX-TT, Mercedes-Benz SLS...), I find the Porsche Macan to be a thing of beauty... a sexy, little beast. And I've never liked yipetas, but this one is more than a yipeta; it's a work of art.

And if I lived in the D.R. AND IF I could afford it... lyrics to Bobby Brown's "My Prerogative" come to mind...

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Although I've maintained that I'm a lover of ugly cars (From Jensen Interceptor to Triumph Stag, Jaguar E-Type, Alpha Romeo GTV-6, 2003-2008 BMW-Z4, BMW 3.0 CSi, Mazda RX-7, Datsun 280Z 2+2, Nissan 300ZX-TT, Mercedes-Benz SLS...), I find the Porsche Macan to be a thing of beauty... a sexy, little beast. And I've never liked yipetas, but this one is more than a yipeta; it's a work of art.

And if I lived in the D.R. AND IF I could afford it... lyrics to Bobby Brown's "My Prerogative" come to mind...

How can you say that anything on your list is ugly????

I owned a Cayenne, and yes it was ugly, or aesthetically challenged, but the interior was a gorgeous place to be and the loud pedal made up for the lack of exterior looks.

Besides, you spend more time enjoying the inside of a car than the outside, I mean, who looks at the mantlepiece when you're poking the fire?

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Talking of posh wheels,I once did a swap deal and finished up with a Rolls Royce Silver Shadow.
Luxury Lorry.
Hated it....Drove Beeza's 924 a long time ago and what a great little car that was for a baby Porker!
911's are classy though,and tough as well.Many successes in Safari Rallies and off-road events..Mmmm. Carrera 4 please..

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012

you da man!. Didi you actualy own one? When I lived in GE, I sold my baby porsche for a GTV 6; people thought I was crazy. Went like a raped ape. but, I knew better having owned 2 alfasuds in the UK.