Porsche Santo Domingo

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
you da man!. Didi you actualy own one? When I lived in GE, I sold my baby porsche for a GTV 6; people thought I was crazy. Went like a raped ape. but, I knew better having owned 2 alfasuds in the UK.

i loved those Alfasuds..

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
What in hel* is an Alfasud, sounds like a laundry detergent?

The saying goes in England, you can not be a true petrolhead until you've owned an Alfa Romeo.

Fun little cars, but not made to very high standards.  If you parked it up in the rain, and listened hard enough you could actually hear the fizzing as it was rusting!

The Alfasud was a little hot hatchback with a 1300 engine, or if you had the Cloverleaf, a 1500 engine.  These little engines were like sewing machines and you could really rev the balls of em!

For some bizarre reason Alfa put the front brake discs inboard, right by the front diff.  The one that my friend owned started to build up crank case pressure due to worn piston rings, as he ragged it one time too many.  This build up of pressure would force out the oil dipstick and promptly spew oil out of the tube, right onto the brake disc.  Yeah, you guessed it, he parked it into a lamp post the his brakes failed!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
The saying goes in England, you can not be a true petrolhead until you've owned an Alfa Romeo.

Fun little cars, but not made to very high standards.  If you parked it up in the rain, and listened hard enough you could actually hear the fizzing as it was rusting!

The Alfasud was a little hot hatchback with a 1300 engine, or if you had the Cloverleaf, a 1500 engine.  These little engines were like sewing machines and you could really rev the balls of em!

For some bizarre reason Alfa put the front brake discs inboard, right by the front diff.  The one that my friend owned started to build up crank case pressure due to worn piston rings, as he ragged it one time too many.  This build up of pressure would force out the oil dipstick and promptly spew oil out of the tube, right onto the brake disc.  Yeah, you guessed it, he parked it into a lamp post the his brakes failed!

i always dreamed of owning one, until i drove an 66 Lotus Cortina..

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
my guess is that many porsches sold here were them jeepetas. cayenne and macan. family fren had a macan, good looking ride.

Really good looking cars the Macan and Cayenne, some AWD. Not sure if the 911 would be a good fit in SD due to the roads...