Power Company in Las Terrenas

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
So I had my answer: the power generator (la planta) is located on a piece of land owned by the Orsinis, and belongs to GES (Generadora Electrica de Saman?), which sales electricity to Luz&Fuerza.
The vehicles are owned by L&F, so they should be included in the packages taken over by Dartout. The knowledgeable technicians are employed by L&F, and they'll probably end up working for Dartout as employment is a bit scarce...
So either Orsini keeps on selling power, even if not in charge of L&F anymore, or Dartout will have to buy power somewhere else, meaning having to get it from Edenorte (over the hills & far away) or installing a new planta...

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Darkness Looms

So I had my answer: the power generator (la planta) is located on a piece of land owned by the Orsinis, and belongs to GES (Generadora Electrica de Saman?), which sales electricity to Luz&Fuerza.
The vehicles are owned by L&F, so they should be included in the packages taken over by Dartout. The knowledgeable technicians are employed by L&F, and they'll probably end up working for Dartout as employment is a bit scarce...
So either Orsini keeps on selling power, even if not in charge of L&F anymore, or Dartout will have to buy power somewhere else, meaning having to get it from Edenorte (over the hills & far away) or installing a new planta...

Interesting. :classic:
This all tells me that one day soon Las Terrenas may fall into darkness...... :rolleyes:

BTW, I would not be surprised if S?per Pola came up with an offer to buy the power company... :cool:

donP

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
Super Pola might be one of the main reason we are not (yet) in the darkness! But in order to be efficient, they shall not only purchase the power company (Luz&Fuerza), but also the power generator (Generadora Electrica de Saman?).

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I don't understand nothing.

Just let us know if/when LT fall into darkness, it won't sit too well with my vacay.

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
I don't understand nothing.
No one does :D

We don't even known where to pay our bills, as both factions have an office now, and of course, both are saying they are genuine while the other is not, so if you pay the other, you'll lose your money...

So far, I don't really believe they'll be a permanent black out, but probably government will intervene soon (not sure if that is a good thing...)

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Government Stepping In?

(...) but probably government will intervene soon (not sure if that is a good thing...)

How?
Bring or pay for diesel fuel?
Press for a quick resolution of the legal battle?

donP

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Romantic at heart BUT....

You mean, you are not romantic enough for candle light evenings......? :laugh:

donP

My spoiled, urban children won't be into it :)

I will bring candles just in case though.

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
Hold on, let me turn on my crystal ball ;)

Bring or pay for diesel fuel?
Maybe connect LT to the "24 horas"Edenorte service in Sanchez (don't ask me how many hours are included in those "24 horas" ;) )

Press for a quick resolution of the legal battle?
That might be the pragmatic decision, just pressure both factions so they can each have a piece of the cake, knowing that one has the GES, and the other L&F...

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
Game over, Big Brother won... You simply can't fight the system.

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
Translated with Bing

The input Head Office of Luz y Fuerza in the Ca?o SecoEsto district Thursday morning a contingent of national police, under the command of General P?rez S?nchez, National Commander of the Northeast Region, executed the eviction of the offices of Ca?o Seco, occupied by the Judicial administrator Jacques Dartout, under an order signed by the Prosecutor of Samana Robert just.

The Prosecutor just signed such an order on date 06 November, but the headquarters local NP not received authorization from execution until this morning when I arrive in Las Terrenas General San Francisco de Macoris, the Northeastern Region Commander.

Remember that on 31 October the Chamber of Civil and commercial of the Court of first instance of the District National issued a judgment ordering Mr Dartout the vacancy of facilities and units of this company.

The Judicial administrator in date 01 November appealed in appeal against this Ordinance before the appellate court of the National District.

The Court met audience on day 3 of November 2014, such demands hearings being deferred for the 17th of November of this year.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Las Terrenas without Power

So, no blackout during my holidays :bunny:

Well Afri, looking down from our hills, Las Terrenas had an 'apag?n' last night (and obviously still has this early morning).

On 'Feibu' (Delvis Santos) fires were reported in the streets.

There are rumours that 'barrio tigueres' want to cut power poles and destroy electricity meters.

chipmunk_eating_zpskztwzbgu.gif

donP

donP

Dec 14, 2008
The Fate of the Drone

Las Terrenas
Here we see a drone, operated by a protester, being shot at and brought down and captured... :laugh:

[video=youtube;91ofghJqnlk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91ofghJqnlk#t=83[/video]

donP

donP

Dec 14, 2008
12-hour Blackout

Las Terrenas
has survived its (first?) long blackout of about 12 hours.... :bunny:

donP

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Huelga Clowns

Las Terrenas
has survived its (first?) long blackout of about 12 hours....
donP

.... and it seems that LT still is without 'la lu'.....

The huelga-clowns now say if they do not get 'their power' back, they'll continue with the riots. :laugh: :cross-eye

donP

donP

Dec 14, 2008
More Riots?

Las Terrenas
First they burn the power poles, then they demand to get power back immediately.... :tired:

10386776_801044393272386_2801186713286861082_n_zpsa3fbdbdb.jpg

They say the riots may resume at night.

donP

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
Las Terrenas
First they burn the power poles, then they demand to get power back immediately.... :tired:

10386776_801044393272386_2801186713286861082_n_zpsa3fbdbdb.jpg

They say the riots may resume at night.

donP

The height of ignorance. I have no problems with protest but to destroy where you live?..........REALLY?