Presidente Beer in the US?

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
we just bought some at WALMART in Orlando 2 weeks ago!

My husband also said it didn't taste exactly the same but close enough!

Does anyone know if you can buy it in Buffalo NY?

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Supposedly it is the same, but even if that's the case it will still "taste" different, because of the environment, ambiance, temperature, etc...nothing like having one "vestida de novia" in a hot day with Dominican music blaring in the background. You'd have to recreate all that for it to taste the same...

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
suarezn, I concur...hehehe Nothing like being in the island with that bachata or dembow blasting while gulping a cold ceniza and checking out the eye candy. Life is good....

NotLurking

bigwhiskey

Aug 29, 2010
I have looked around the world it seems, on the internet, at local beer and wine stores and a host of other sites. So I decided to come here and try. :( Does anyone know if it is possible to get access or buy or any options of obtaining El Presidente in the United States, and in particular in Mississippi? I live here now and 9 out of 1people even distributors have never heard of it. Frustration!!!! Thanks for any help. Gracias y Hasta Pronto![/QUWhere you at Mississippi

HM11

Mar 24, 2012
we just bought some at WALMART in Orlando 2 weeks ago!

My husband also said it didn't taste exactly the same but close enough!

Does anyone know if you can buy it in Buffalo NY?

Try Village Beer Merchant 547 Elmwood ave. they didn't have it the particular day i stopped in but said they normally stock it.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
suarezn, I concur...hehehe Nothing like being in the island with that bachata or dembow blasting while gulping a cold ceniza and checking out the eye candy. Life is good....

NotLurking

That is definitely what I think of the taste of beer - any beer!

steviebf

Mar 31, 2012
i have never saw presidente in canada, wish i could find it. much much better than bahima

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Do not shoot me if I am wrong...

I have a Belgian friend, who actually is a master brewer from Belgium. He was "bought" by some Texan Beer Brewer to duplicate the famous "Hoegaerden" from Belgium, over there. As the money was very good, he did not hesitate, and from what I hear he is doing very well for himself...

We shared a couple of beers in Forth Worth, TX, called "De Koninck", which is quite a famous and very nice beer from the city of Antwerp in Belgium. I commented on the taste being different (I am from Antwerp, so was brought up on this stuff), and he told me this was normal, as importing laws require "live" beers (with active yeast in them) to be pasteurized on entry.

He also told me that all imported beers have to go through this process, which would kill a big amount of the taste.

I drank Heineken in the US, and did not like it at all. Mind you, I drank it in Holland and thought it was **** as well, but definetely better **** than in the US...

I would love to see more imported beers in the DR, but apparently duties kill that possibility, especially as a lot of Belgian beers have a high alcohol content. Then again, a lot of the Belgian beers lose a lot of flavor if bottled. We used to sell them as draft beers, and the taste difference is huge.

If somebody can tell me how I can import draft beers from Belgium, I will open up a bar... lol

BelgianK

Big_Poppi2

Mar 30, 2008
Aguilas Cibae?as
www.facebook.com
Thanks, Dondada, I live in north eastern Mississippi, close to Tuscaloosa, Alabama. But I hope to be in New Orleans in July n we can look them up. Also, do u have a number to contact them, at Rouses? Thanks again take care!

Dec 26, 2011
Do not shoot me if I am wrong...

I have a Belgian friend, who actually is a master brewer from Belgium. He was "bought" by some Texan Beer Brewer to duplicate the famous "Hoegaerden" from Belgium, over there. As the money was very good, he did not hesitate, and from what I hear he is doing very well for himself...

We shared a couple of beers in Forth Worth, TX, called "De Koninck", which is quite a famous and very nice beer from the city of Antwerp in Belgium. I commented on the taste being different (I am from Antwerp, so was brought up on this stuff), and he told me this was normal, as importing laws require "live" beers (with active yeast in them) to be pasteurized on entry.

He also told me that all imported beers have to go through this process, which would kill a big amount of the taste.

I drank Heineken in the US, and did not like it at all. Mind you, I drank it in Holland and thought it was **** as well, but definetely better **** than in the US...

I would love to see more imported beers in the DR, but apparently duties kill that possibility, especially as a lot of Belgian beers have a high alcohol content. Then again, a lot of the Belgian beers lose a lot of flavor if bottled. We used to sell them as draft beers, and the taste difference is huge.

If somebody can tell me how I can import draft beers from Belgium, I will open up a bar... lol

BelgianK

You know Peter Celis?

goldenamy70

Apr 10, 2012
You can get it on the East coast.
luoying1.jpg

luoying2.jpg

luoying3.jpg

luoying5.jpg

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I saw Presidente today at Wegman's....... so, yes Sangria, it must be close to Buffalo - Wegmans being Rochester.

12 for $17.99.... about 58 pesos a bottle, Right?

Zulu

May 27, 2012
Last i heard the Brazilian Beer giant Brahma bought El Presidente either that or they bought a larger share from the Leon Jimenez Corporation