Presidente Beer in the US?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Iwould like to actually SEE those "so-called" LAWS that you are siteing as the "reason"for "Presidente" tasting "different" outdide the DR.
If the bottle is "skunky" that Ican understand,but all the other reasons,not-so-much!!!
I just bought a "Six-Pack" in Westboro Mass.,tasted just like "There"!
I think that the surroundings,atmosphere,and "Companionship" while drinking in the DR,just seem to make it,"Better In The DR"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When I DRINK "Presidente" in the DR,it is usually just before,or just after,having "relaciones" with a beautiful young "Cuero Dominicana"!
In the USA,NO CHANCE,at least not for 10 or 15 dollars!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
I have Brugal extra Viejo here in New Jersey and the rum tastes the same to me. I believe the coke -cola is better in the D.R.......sugar cane vs corn? My two cents.

Gil3

Jun 18, 2012
Bought a six of Presidente this weekend at a store in Hunt Valley, MD (Baltimore area) While it was my first time tasting it, I really enjoyed it and won't be my last ;). In reality, though the further any beer is away from the source, it won't taste the "same" as it did in it's country of origin. I definitely could taste the difference between the Heineken in Europe and here in the US. Shipping, light, etc will take away from a beer. Either way, I'm never one to turn down a beer!

I will say, though that the Presidentes went down nice and smooth, and one day I will drink it in the DR!

If you live in the DC/Baltimore/Southern Pa area, it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Last edited:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Thankfully, Presidente is fairly easy to find on the East Coast, and might be even easier with Heineken's distribution network in the future.

Father's Day gift from our son to Mr. AE last week: a case of ice cold Presidente Light. I can't think of anything he'd enjoy more. He has too many clothes, too many watches [he's another one like our Chicago guy], too much fishing gear, too much "stuff". But never, ever, too much Presidente.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Bought a six of Presidente this weekend at a store in Hunt Valley, MD (Baltimore area) While it was my first time tasting it, I really enjoyed it and won't be my last ;). In reality, though the further any beer is away from the source, it won't taste the "same" as it did in it's country of origin. I definitely could taste the difference between the Heineken in Europe and here in the US. Shipping, light, etc will take away from a beer. Either way, I'm never one to turn down a beer!

I will say, though that the Presidentes went down nice and smooth, and one day I will drink it in the DR!

If you live in the DC/Baltimore/Southern Pa area, it shouldn't be too hard to find.

If you think the Heineken tastes differently after a long trip, never buy it in San Francisco.

They unload Heineken on the east coast for the east coast only.
The product for the west coast stays on the ship , goes thru the Panama Canal to the west coast port.

Much more travel time - weeks.

My daughter's BF is the rep for their Logistics

Gil3

Jun 18, 2012
If you think the Heineken tastes differently after a long trip, never buy it in San Francisco.

They unload Heineken on the east coast for the east coast only.
The product for the west coast stays on the ship , goes thru the Panama Canal to the west coast port.

Much more travel time - weeks.

My daughter's BF is the rep for their Logistics

Didn't know that about Heineken shipped out west. I haven't been on the West Coast in years, but when I was out there, people steered more towards the Mexican and Asian brands in terms of import choices. I know San Miguel was very popular as well. In the end, the result is the same, though, lol.

Gil3

Jun 18, 2012
Thankfully, Presidente is fairly easy to find on the East Coast, and might be even easier with Heineken's distribution network in the future.

Father's Day gift from our son to Mr. AE last week: a case of ice cold Presidente Light. I can't think of anything he'd enjoy more. He has too many clothes, too many watches [he's another one like our Chicago guy], too much fishing gear, too much "stuff". But never, ever, too much Presidente.

I like that :classic:

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Iwould like to actually SEE those "so-called" LAWS that you are siteing as the "reason"for "Presidente" tasting "different" outdide the DR.
If the bottle is "skunky" that Ican understand,but all the other reasons,not-so-much!!!
I just bought a "Six-Pack" in Westboro Mass.,tasted just like "There"!
I think that the surroundings,atmosphere,and "Companionship" while drinking in the DR,just seem to make it,"Better In The DR"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When I DRINK "Presidente" in the DR,it is usually just before,or just after,having "relaciones" with a beautiful young "Cuero Dominicana"!
In the USA,NO CHANCE,at least not for 10 or 15 dollars!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Totally agree. Even castor oil tastes a whole lot better if you're drinking it under a palm tree at a beach, and some Alina Vargas look-a-like is all but begging you to help her check the mattress springs in your nearby villa or condo.

Zulu

May 27, 2012
I got a taste back in Cali but it was not the same it tasted like watered down Beer to the maximum that i thought it was a counterfeit item ( due to the regulations on importing Alcohol to the U.S the standards and level or percentage need to be at a certain amount) which killed my buzz, and they do not offer the huge one "el grande." My primo tellz me he found some in Neuva Yol en una bodega circa de Washington Heights con Broadway. Since your in Mississippi try and look for some in Colorado

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
lol, its one of the first things i do when i travel is to have a real glass of fresh draught beer. Could not believe one would search for ****edente outside this islnd where its literally forced on you in some restaurants.
They did attempt to make one half decent beer called "ambar" but it tasted too good so it seems they did away with it in true DR style. Cannot find it anywhere anymore.
Presidente in an upscale place.... now I have heard it all....

Whilst it is not a bad pilsener, it is nothing special....

BelgianK

Dec 26, 2011
due to the regulations on importing Alcohol to the U.S the standards and level or percentage need to be at a certain amount

Would you please, please stop parroting this idiotic lie? Please. Thank you. The amount of alcohol in a Presidente in Kentucky and SD is the same. Same goes for Brugal.

locientoteamo

Aug 20, 2012
what are you saying, you found some in Chicago?!?! Where at? My uncle who drives a miller truck said they do get it, so it must be around somewhere...

Big_Poppi2

Mar 30, 2008
Aguilas Cibae?as
www.facebook.com
Update!!! I recently visited Orlando/Kissimee and Disney world. Presidente in all the Publix groceries stores!!! Just a different world in Florida compared to here. We have Brugal but that is about it. I went to a authentic Dominican restaurant, "Tu Casa" and had a great time, Visited Tampa too. Brought back as much as our car would hold, ha, ha, ha with a 12 pack for 10 dollars why not? ja ja ja Thanks for all the info guys, and God bless and Take care
Biggs

Last edited:

Big_Poppi2

Mar 30, 2008
Aguilas Cibae?as
www.facebook.com
No sure what area of Mississippi you live but you can find Presidente in New Orleans at Rouses.
Hi, Dondada, I finally got the chance to go to new Orleans, and Rouses. I really had to fight hard to find it, even told two times that they didn't offer it in the store. I think it was on a street called Bouward or something like that. Anyway, after they basic told me I was a liar, I found a six pack on the self and they told me that they only carry six pack and so I bought all the six packs they had and came back to Mississippi. Ja, ja, ja it was crazy but thanks for the tip and I got it now, take care, God bless,
Biggs :)