property rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasvegas

Sep 21, 2002
Thank You!!!!!! I knew somewhere out there someone would understand why I wrote to DR1. I had been watching it for over 6 months and saw how kind some people were and I figured maybe a few people could come up with things that I do not know or do not realize. It is very hard as some of you know trying to get things done through the DR. I really came here to get help and information not to bad mouth my husband. I have nothing but good things to say about the people who responded. They might not all have agreed with me but they took time to show interest and that means alot. The reply Villa Trina wrote made my night and of course Mr. Hillbilly has been ever so helpful. Sometimes just being able to discuss this with other people helps. Makes one feel not so alone. Thank you so very much.

Rainman

Oct 24, 2002
I have seen everything now. I can die a happy man.

A hillbilly giving IRS and allimony advice.

Dear Ms. Vegas, sorry if I don't jump on the bandwagon until I hear the other side of the story.

There are a few questions. What do you plan to do with the kid? Do you plan on raising him? If not bring it back to the DR and deliver him at the stadium. While you are here get that divorce and you will be entitled to half of what he owes.

I know which player you are talking about and I believe he doesn't have much anyways. At least you'll get half of "not that much."

As far as the IRS, there are devices to help people like you in the USA. Call a tax lawyer.

If you guys where filing jointly, how did you miss THREE YEARS of payments withouth getting suspicious.

I have my doubts Vegas. I respect your situation but I still gotta hear the other side of that story.

You've gotten lots of advice from people in this forum. Use that advice to work for you and good luck.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dear Rainmean: I told her to see lawyers. I also told here what happens here in the DR with divorces. Jeff has given her some good advice which she ids following and Mr. Santos is a lawyer versed in land matter, and the legal system,here

Heck, I'd jus' go an' shoot the f#cker!

HB

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Rainman

Just a little advice..maybe you should have lurked a little before taking a pop shot at any of the posters on here.I see that was your first post.You see that number under Hillbillys name...thats how many posts he has on here.Do an archive search through his name and look at some of his posts...I would take his advice on just about any topic any day.
Larry

Quisqueya Girl

Oct 21, 2002
Heck, I've only been here a few days myself and I'd probably take any advice that Hillbilly gave. If he were only a few years younger I probably would have married him ! :)

HB - I had an aunt who came from the hills of WV. In her day she was extremely beautiful and what a great accent!

-QG

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Folks, I really 'preciate the support. Heck, I knew he was just goofing. I told LasVegas to talk to Mr. Santos, yesterday, but I haven't heard from him today. I sort of translate between the two of them. What this really is, is the denoument of a scenario that CCCCCC, golo, Ken, Bushbaby, jazzcom, and God only knows how many others have seen and ranted on. Trina, Debs, Anna, have all chimed in on some of these. They seem to come and go, like waves...I think this one sort of struck us all as sort of ringing true, and from what I have found out, it pretty much is...a shame, especially when there is a minor involved, one that might get into the "system"/

HB, Aguilucho 100% hehehe

Last edited:

lasvegas

Sep 21, 2002
I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE ESPECIALLY HILLBILLY FOR HELPING ME WITH MR.SANTOS. UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE RECEIVED SOME VERY CRUEL AND THREATENING E-MAILS REGARDING THIS THREAD I WROTE. I WROTE TO DR1 BECAUSE I HONESTLY WAS LOOKING FOR HELP NOT SYMPATHY OR FOR PEOPLE TO FORM BAD OPINIONS. I DID NOT EXPECT EVERYONE TO AGREE WITH ME BUT FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO SENT THE E-MAILS OBVIOUSLY YOU TOOK THIS PERSONALLY. I WOULD STILL WELCOME ANY HELP PEOPLE WOULD LIKE TO SHARE AND I WELCOME ANY E-MAILS BUT THERE ARE THOSE OUT THERE WHO FEEL THE NEED TO THREATEN SO I GUESS THE LESS I SAY THE BETTER. PLEASE BELIEVE ME ALL OF YOU WHO WROTE AND OFFERED ADVICE IT WAS EVER SO APPRECIATED. THANKS AGAIN

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
All sorts read thse pages, maybe there was a big Licy fan that felt his team would be severely prejudiced by this. Don't sweat it.
You have a case and "right" on your side.
HB and a lot more of us, I'm thinkin'

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Dont lose any sleep over e mail threats,those come from people lwithout cojones who think they can intimidate a woman

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
lasvegas

I am back now. I agree with Rainman. If you are on the up and up, just drop the kid in the ball park. Right straight on the dogout and make a big scene in front of all the fans.

I also agree with him. I know your hubby's resume and he is a downhill baseball player with little future, at least in the USA. Since he will probably depend on whatever bonus he ever got, minor league salary, the minimum MLB salary and whatever he picks up in winter ball, the guy will probably be broke the minute Licey gets rid off him.

Usually players like that, in keeping up with the neighbors, they gamble away, drink away and party away all the money they make before they realize they are finished. Dump him and the kid and get yourself a life. I am sure his grandmother will take care of him

TW

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I was in Disneyland and have Minnie and Mickey as witnesses to the fact that I didn't send any hate email:)

I also have doubts about the story. First she complained about the kid and then said she doesn't want to give the kid back. What is wrong with this picture?

Like I said there are three sides to this story, her side, his side and the truth. We are only getting one side here and I would be sorry if "I" was that poor SOB getting badmouthed without even the opportunity to set things straight.

I don't think Rainman was trying to slight HB personally. He was just amazed at the venue for legal advice albeit she has been told to get some many times. I find it more than a little strange to take these problems to a public board. Why not just ask for advice for a nasty divorce lawyer in the DR?

I regress, back to kicking some tetris ass...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Jazz: In the States, unless you are in the heart of an "extended family" you just don't have anyplace to vent the frustrations of daily life. You don't have a "tia"to consloe you or a "comadre"to share your horror story with. And nobody to take care of a child--you know that is now, what? like $350,000 to age 18?? Especially one that is not yours and is probably not even his?? It is a big can of worms...
I figure that "las Vegas"got what she needed- a hearing and some advice- and some shoulders to vent on.. I don't think this lady is a crybaby...
I like Golo's ideas, drop the kid in the dugout, but you see, her problem is that she likes the kid and wants to help him out.. She has a dilemma...

HB

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
It takes an unusual woman to follow through with a kid who's not hers - and who reminds her of one of her life's biggest faux pas s.

Besides, being his son, there will come a day when he will have to face the boy - and maybe go through her to do it. Letting him suffer through that might make it all worth it.

I'd want to help the boy too!

mk (being a mom)

lasvegas

Sep 21, 2002
I have never complained about taking care of the kid. If that was the case then I would have never kept him here for all this time. It is not the boys fault this has happened. If he has a side to the story feel free to get it and tell me what it is. What intelligent answer could someone have for not paying his tax bill?? You tell me. Bad mouth him??? What exactly have I said that is so bad or rather untrue?? Not paying his tax bill or leaving his son uncared for??? Other than that there is not much else to say. And as far as legal advice you must not read prior posts. Thanks to Hillbilly I have a lawyer in DR. Give the kid back??? Never said that. Just looked at the options. I got my advice and I thank those who helped. Those who took it personally so sorry but then again YOUR not the one looking at a $ 10,000 tax bill. After all the posts I guess there is not much else to say and from the last few posts it seems this is a tired subject. Thanks to all of you who helped. Thank you Hillbilly for help on the lawyer. With his help I am on the right path. Thanks

lasvegas

Sep 21, 2002
It is not that easy to tell your family or friends this kind of problem. Of course their opinion will be jaded. Sometimes it is easier to get the advice or opinion of a stranger. Someone who is not involved. Dropping the boy off at the dugout, NEVER. I would never do that to the child. I am not looking for some kind of drama scene although I did let it enter my mind briefly. I wish this story wasn't true as Jazz puts it. Then maybe just maybe I could have one day of peace and not fear every letter that the mailman delivers here. You would think if I really wanted revenge as some put it I would come up with something a little more clever than asking for help on DR1 but never in my mind did I think I would be defending myself or that people could be so jaded in their way of thinking. I assume everyone is now bored with this subject. I hope people like Hillbilly and the other positive people will continue to help those who seek answers in a country with laws many of us are not familiar with. Your advice and time has been very helpful and positive. Keep in touch. Thanks

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Hope that everything works out in a way thats good for you and the child,what goes around comes around.:bandit:

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Robert....

I vote you close this story down. I am really tired of this woman. She got what she deserves. I hope the IRS goes after her with a vengeance, She makes me sick! I mean, what is you problem lady? You want the husband, you want the kid, you don{t want the IRS bill, you dont want a divorce, you dont want to cause that jackass downhill loser baseball player of yours with no future any trouble because you feel sorry for him while he is screwing every bitch that comes his way here in DR and is laughuing at you. Give me a break! Go fish some worms and leave us alone, you sorry broad.

TW

Status
Not open for further replies.