Really ****ty DR day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Once you can start to refer to her as "The Starter Wife" and mean it you will be on your way to happiness. Get a good lawyer for the financial stuff and look forward to your new adventures.
Good luck.

potus

Dec 27, 2015
It was actually not a "Starter Wife" I was married to a DR Born Lady once before....(very educated/accountant for President Trump). So "twice shy" ws my fault and apparently I have not learned my lesson. Eventhough I must say the first one was easy compared to the "savage" behavior by the current case.
Update: They are painting her new place now and moving date is set so far for Friday. Meanwhile we had a little time to talk today and she told me the reason for her moving was that I got upset that she staid until 11:48pm in some Bars supposedly on the Sunday before (the day before she annlounced that she will move). She let all of us wait at home until she was done doing what she was doing. 90% of DR malees and my Europeean Father would have killed her for that.........Well, I am the idiot.........but, what I learned so far, I have to hang tight for now....do nothing funky...and wait for my time in court. Thank you all for your magnificent support. You are truly wonderful folks.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
so you argued on a sunday and by monday she arranged to move out? that's the fastest moving dominican since felix sanchez :)

from now on document all financial dealings between the two of you, even before the case goes to court. insist on bank transfers and if there is any cash payment (like school for kids, food and so on) get a recibo. this may be useful in the future. do not delete any voice mails, whatsap messages or texts from her. keep your calm and stay classy no matter what she does or says.

and most importantly. stay positive.

potus

Dec 27, 2015
My plan exactly..........thank you.........Plan # 1 is "force myself to stay calm"......and yes it was from one day to the other........

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
My plan exactly..........thank you.........Plan # 1 is "force myself to stay calm"......and yes it was from one day to the other........

Excellent plan. That's how I got through my divorce. I'd go for a long run before I opened any letters from her lawyer. The exercise cleared my head, settled my emotions, and enabled me to deal with the bull crap from her lawyer. Now I can look back on it and laugh. Had a couple of co- hab agreements since and take a more relaxed approach to relationships. 

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
When my first Dominican wife divorced me, I got on a plane to the D.R. and picked another one, there are soooo many to choose from.

Going on 20 years with the second Dominican one.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I just would like to comment .that ,this time around , there have been some very good postings and advice given to this man . I have had numerous Dominican male friends going through the same problem and one very rich American man . There is no equitable solution through the courts and going one step further ,if she decides to divorce the man ,she will take away 50% plus .
Dreadfully sad but I totally agree that this man should just concentrate on his children . I just have a feeling however that there is one link missing in this story .

potus

Dec 27, 2015
Trust me #3 will not be possible............never....(I get one of those robot wifes maybe....lol).

Milo Mitt

Jul 21, 2014
Potus

Just remember to stay calm ALWAYS. I try to do that in my work also if I get an email or information that is not correct in my opinion. I sleep on it and answer in a more constructive way the next day instead when I have thought through my options.

Hang in there and you will come out of this in better shape than you think right now.

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
Marriage is one of the costliest decisions a man can make. Especially in the U.S. The deck is stacked against the man when things go south. It takes no talent or skill to get married. Take care of your kids and stay single.

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
so you argued on a sunday and by monday she arranged to move out? that's the fastest moving dominican since felix sanchez :)

from now on document all financial dealings between the two of you, even before the case goes to court. insist on bank transfers and if there is any cash payment (like school for kids, food and so on) get a recibo. this may be useful in the future. do not delete any voice mails, whatsap messages or texts from her. keep your calm and stay classy no matter what she does or says.

and most importantly. stay positive.

You amaze me over and over DV8. I love the Felix Sanchez reference. A truly great Dominican athlete and not a BB player.

potus

Dec 27, 2015
Believe ir ir not. I am in jail right nos. They said I needed to be detained. They did not tell me hay. They ssaid Tomorrow I will see the fiscal...........my goodness. I am so thirsty.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
oh boy. let us know how it ends. get a good lawyer. do not rely on any out-of-court agreement. take it all the way to the court to establish how your relationship will look from now on.
best of luck, man.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
When my first Dominican wife divorced me, I got on a plane to the D.R. and picked another one, there are soooo many to choose from.

Going on 20 years with the second Dominican one.

l like your optimism! I've been divorced since 2000 and been pressured by a couple of women to take a stroll up the aisle. I'm happy in my current state and a piece of paper is no guarantee a marriage will last. I enjoyed the 26 years I was married but the older I get, the less interested I am in marriage. 

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Something is wrong here with this story. I am missing some info on what exactly transpired here? Why is this guy asking us for help and not an attorney. Not sure but things have happened that have conveniently been left out of the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.