recommendations for quality restaurant

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
Your in DR looking for Good Chinese food. somethings I'll never understand..

If the dude lives here he wants to eat legit food. Give the RD some credit, we offer more than just fried chicken, plantains and mangu.

As if you didnt go looking for grape soda when you got here :classic:

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
I'm asking, that's all. If you don't understand, why comment. If you insist on being a jerk off....carry on.

I understand RDKNIGHT...
I really wonder if the so-called Sichuan restaurants here, which you are asking for, use Huajiao. Ask them. I doubt it as Dominicans are easily impressed by foreign food.

P.s. What I less understand is the need to be rude.

Last edited:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
El Chino de Marisco on av Sarasota has been good for a long time. I would go there.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
I'm asking, that's all. If you don't understand, why comment. If you insist on being a jerk off....carry on.
Oh I understand but really think about your question and your in DR. and yes there is more to DR than Dominican food. but looking for a 5 star chino food here your not gong to find.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
If the dude lives here he wants to eat legit food. Give the RD some credit, we offer more than just fried chicken, plantains and mangu.

As if you didnt go looking for grape soda when you got here :classic:

Tell me what more you offer of any quality. The beef is horrible, the restaurants are horrible, there is little to no variety. Heck even when you go to a "fancy" steakhouse you are served tostones rice and avocado! Lol.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Tell me what more you offer of any quality. The beef is horrible, the restaurants are horrible, there is little to no variety. Heck even when you go to a "fancy" steakhouse you are served tostones rice and avocado! Lol.

Ever tried Davy Crockett's for steak, or Kogi Grill or Manna for Korean. Yao Naco for Japanese. Not sure about Chinese maybe M Y Gourmet.
Take most of your posts with less than a grain of salt, you seem to find nothing ok here. Do you even live here? or just pass through.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Ever tried Davy Crockett's for steak, or Kogi Grill or Manna for Korean. Yao Naco for Japanese. Not sure about Chinese maybe M Y Gourmet.
Take most of your posts with less than a grain of salt, you seem to find nothing ok here. Do you even live here? or just pass through.

I live in NYC. Are those places really good? Or is the food uneven, poor quality, unseasoned. I guess Im spoiled here. I can go outside my building and eat in 10 restaurants that are better than the best restaurants in Santo Domingo. Heck even the Dominican restaurants are better here. i.e Malecon Restaurant.

Apr 10, 2014
I live in NYC. Are those places really good? Or is the food uneven, poor quality, unseasoned. I guess Im spoiled here. I can go outside my building and eat in 10 restaurants that are better than the best restaurants in Santo Domingo. Heck even the Dominican restaurants are better here. i.e Malecon Restaurant.
I'm sure that you have no complaints about the "desserts" in the D.R.

bienamor

Apr 23, 2004

Well I guess then that you have no idea what you're talking about as you don't live here and have never tried any of the restaurants that I mentioned. Now me as far as I am concerned NYC has 2 great places. Laguardia and JFK.
If you have never tried it don't bitch about it. I guess you're more than happy with El Conde and what it has to offer.
Next trip down for dessert try some other places in the city.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009

Doesn't get much better than Davy Crockett for steak. The Capital is full of great restaurants.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002

While it’s true that many places lack consistency, places like SBG, Pat’e Palo, David Crockett, even La Dolcerie and Sonoma to name a few have a decent to very good (SBG) and consistent quality. 

suarezj519

May 14, 2014
I've had some decent places in China town here in SD and of course your normal takeout fare, but when I'm here in DR, I take advantage of good real Dominican cooking so I can't really recommend anything too extravagant. You want good Dominican food, got to someone's abuelas house in the campo and you'll find it haha.

bienamor

Apr 23, 2004
Now for me if you want great ribs, try Lincoln Road. Ribs, cheesy mashed potatoes, an a green salad mouth watering.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
agreed....& Maison Bari in Bird's neck o' the woods - CZ

Sadly you people have become conditioned to poor restaurant quality. When I return to NY after visiting its like my taste buds wake up again after the mediocre fare w such a lack of quality and variety.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Chef Pepper is not a restaurant but a fast food place and even though I regularly eat a Forest burger,  their quality, even for fast food, went down a lot the last few years. 

Lincoln road to me is similar to Adrian’s Tropical. Mediocre at best. 

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
The best Chinese is in Chinatown and its dirt cheap. You turn right off of Avenida Mexico onto Duarte and its the first restaurant on the left. I believe its called Escocia Restaurante. Its more of a take out spot but its delicious. Jade is god awful.