Reputation System Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I liked the hidden feedback, because it lets people say what they think more easily. Those getting a lot of negative feedback are getting it for a reason and should learn from it.

I predict it won't be used as much anymore.

That is not true. I got negative feedback for this comment right here-

"There are nice hotels that suit almost every budget in and around the Zona Colonial.

It is also very busy every day with pedestrian traffic, making it a nice place to hang out and people watch.

You could rent a vehicle to go out at night, but taking a cab at night would make more sense if you are out drinking and partying. And you don't have to worry about parking."

-What type of BS is that? A red square for such a comment? You've got to be kidding me!!! At least now I can tell Tamborista and Apostropheman where they can stick their fan mail.

I feel better already...

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
You can now see who left you reputation :)

I'm sure this will upset one or two people, but myself and the mods got together and thought it would be better and make the system more open.

Lets see how this plays out.....

Am sure I have more reputation points to make up my total but can only see the last 4 - am I doing something wrong or just being "dense"?

DOMINCAN BOY

On Vacation!
Jun 6, 2006
I liked the hidden feedback, because it lets people say what they think more easily. Those getting a lot of negative feedback are getting it for a reason and should learn from it.

:ermm::bunny:
You said it I predict it won't be used as much Spot on ADRIANB HAVE ONE ON ME :bunny: April Fools Joke 04-01-2008 12:29 AM adrianb do you have any idea what you are talking about?:ermm:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
That is not true. I got negative feedback for this comment right here-

"There are nice hotels that suit almost every budget in and around the Zona Colonial.

It is also very busy every day with pedestrian traffic, making it a nice place to hang out and people watch.

You could rent a vehicle to go out at night, but taking a cab at night would make more sense if you are out drinking and partying. And you don't have to worry about parking."

-What type of BS is that? A red square for such a comment? You've got to be kidding me!!! At least now I can tell Tamborista where she can forward my fan mail.

Could be that someone did it on accident? For example I accidently sent negative points to Matilda when I was actually trying to send a positive one because she for somebody to send her some good points - I just got too much in a hurry and selected the wrong button.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
:ermm::bunny:
You said it I predict it won't be used as much Spot on ADRIANB HAVE ONE ON ME :bunny: April Fools Joke 04-01-2008 12:29 AM adrianb do you have any idea what you are talking about?:ermm:

Can you ever make a single post that makes sense?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Could be that someone did it on accident? For example I accidently sent negative points to Matilda when I was actually trying to send a positive one because she for somebody to send her some good points - I just got too much in a hurry and selected the wrong button.

These were the commentds they left-

"Were you an abandoned child?"

Perhaps you could abandon posting your dribble as well!!!"

Those were not posted by accident. But at least now they are out there for all to see.

As for me I have nothing to hide because I have never left anyone any negative feedback. I did give CrissColon a positive comment, only because hes' my hero!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com

Trouble is, that wasn't the case in most negative comments I looked at.
Yes, from time to time I scan to see who is saying what etc.

I have no problem with the quantity of comments reducing if the quality goes up :)

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Personally, I think it will be better not knowing who posted comments.

This will haunt us in the future. My 2 1/2 cents.;)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com

By allowing anonymity at the start you see who is going to mess with the system. Then you open it up and the quality increases and it has a positive effect on the community. This is the how reputation systems evolve.
From anonymous attacks to group hugs!

I have no problem with the quantity of comments reducing if the quality goes up :)

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
I'm glad certain members can no longer hide behind the reputation system's now-defunct anonymity. ;)

I like knowing who's who and what's what. :cool:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I'm happy with this. Now people will have to take responsibility for their comments and I predict the bs will be less and the real reputation points more meaningful.

J

John Evans

what do points make ? ....well I hope theres a pize at the end.....

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002

By allowing anonymity at the start you see who is going to mess with the system. Then you open it up and the quality increases and it has a positive effect on the community. This is the how reputation systems evolve.
From anonymous attacks to group hugs!

Well, we'll see what happens. If it were up to me I would ban a bunch of those posters, especially the ones I gave red squares to. You're far too patient IMHO and I've been interested to see the reputation scores seem to echo my long held impressions.

J

John Evans

I predict I will still be called a tool by tamborista....lol I'm on my third red square that I know of but I wont hold a grudge

Status
Not open for further replies.