Robbed on Pedro Clisante

Status
Not open for further replies.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
He was trained - I remind you....
almost second nature to him

you & I might be distracted... those guys are practically instinctive with that stuff

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I agree. If I were your friend I would just pay the police
a few pesos and let them deal (smack, kick, punch) with it.

I have an acquaintance who told me did that to a gardener, who he suspected of robbing his house - But apparently the PN went over board and nearly beat the guy to death.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I have an acquaintance who told me did that to a gardener, who he suspected of robbing his house - But apparently the PN went over board and nearly beat the guy to death.

Well buddy no one in life is above an *ss whipping... not even the gardener.

May 5, 2007
I don’t know if the “climate” has changed, but circa 2000 a friend of mine was approached by a “street woman” in Sosua She spun him around and picked his pocket before he knew what was going on (Funny thing was he had put most of his money in a separate pocket and she only got a minimal amount) he chased her down the street yelling at her and a “posse” of locals surrounded her on motors and got the money back

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
A guy tried to rob me in Sosua in 2005. He got a free trip to the morgue in Santiago for his efforts...............

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
The average Dominicana has zero money, lots of make up, and a nice cell phone in her pocket book.
Whatever cash she had went in the weekly salon visit.

Please don't judge the entire female population of Dom Rep by the women you come into contact with. There are a lot of very intelligent Dominican women out there, I imagine many of them would choose to avoid someone with your kind of attitude. Likewise, there are a lot of stupid ugly fat American men on the North Coast and it worries me that some Dominicans may think that all foreigners look and act like them.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The average Dominicana has zero money, lots of make up, and a nice cell phone in her pocket book. Whatever cash she had went in the weekly salon visit.
Maybe your average Dominicana in a sex tourist area, but not the average Dominicana.

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
These bums see it as making $200 in 10 seconds.
If the thieves saw it as a life threatening risk or were going to get caught they would not have done it.
$200 US for a simple snatch and grab purse theft in the DR is not meager loot.
In fact it would seem unusual for the girls to have that much.
Wonder if they knew the girls had money?

The average Dominicana has zero money, lots of make up, and a nice cell phone in her pocket book.
Whatever cash she had went in the weekly salon visit.

That's BS.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
It's amazing how many "enlightened" people have such a low opinion of Dominicans, citing the extremes of poor behavior as the "norm."

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Please don't judge the entire female population of Dom Rep by the women you come into contact with. There are a lot of very intelligent Dominican women out there, I imagine many of them would choose to avoid someone with your kind of attitude. Likewise, there are a lot of stupid ugly fat American men on the North Coast and it worries me that some Dominicans may think that all foreigners look and act like them.

What exactly did he say that was incorrect? Let's recap...

1.) He never says that Dominican women are "not" intelligent. He never mentions their intelligence or stupidity, period. Not sure why you brought that up?

2.) He says--and i quote: "The "average" dominicans has zero money." That's pretty accurate. The "average" Dominican--male or female--only makes US $200 a month ($50 a week). That's the average salary here. Nearly all of them are in debt, and many Dominicans buy their furniture, motorcycles, scooters, cars, etc. on credit here. Huge interest rates that they almost never get out of.

3.) He mentions that the "Average" Dominicans uses a lot of make-up. They do! And so does the average North American women. And so do i!

4.) He mentions that the "average" Dominicana has a nice cell phone. They do. In fact, I've never seen anything like it. Two girls at my job have new Samsung S8's. That's a US $700 phone. US $700! That's the equivelant of nearly 4-months pay for the "average" Dominican!

5.) He mentions that the "average" Dominican spends whatever cash at the weekly salon visit. That's definitely true. Again, he says "Average!" The "average" Dominicana spends an enormous amount of money at the salon, weekly, monthly, and yearly. No secret there.

If you notce, he puts the word "Average" at the begining of the sentence, and then lists his three examples immediatly-1.) "Zero money, make-up, and cell phone." Maybe some of you missed it. Or maybe some of you got offended?

I never got the impression he meant "all" Dominican women." He said "Average." And for that, he is spot on. Furthermore, in case you haven't noticed from Zoom11's postings, he's married to a Dominican, has Dominican children, and has been living here off and on longer than most people on this forum.

One thing, however, you were spot on that he didn't address, was "Ugly Fat American men on the North Coast"... they worry me too.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
this thread is about robbery on pedro clisante. take your musings on dominican society elsewhere. thanks.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
this thread is about robbery on pedro clisante. take your musings on dominican society elsewhere. thanks.

If you have not been robbed on Pedro Clisante.... 
stay away !

That solves it,.....huh Tambo?   
This what you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.