sankies are seen in a negative light

blitz

Apr 3, 2006
well if a man (or woman) provides the need that a sex tourist wants.. then they are not a sankie....as i have understood the term...

the term sankie should be reserved for the con artist, pretending to be in love with someone in the hope to solicite money from them....differetn animal totally.

Well, as I said, a sankie is a sankie. At any given time, they have several victims on the go. So just because they have side ventures of straight up sex for money, doesn't negate the fact that they are still a sankie!!!! They'll take the money whatever way you want to give it to them. Quick and easy, or the long con. Take your pick.

Then again, there are tourists who go and it's purely for pleasure without any exchange of money whatsoever.

What is the point of this post, afterall. Let's all have a moment of silence for the poor sankies because people on this board know what they're all about? The secret is out!

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
For the last time - sex tourism and sankies are not one and the same.

Sure money is involved in both, but the sex tourism is all pay as you go.

Being sanktified involves money, but also visas, draining of bank accounts for numerous visits, worrying about how to get presents to the DR in a timely fashion, stress of always wondering if their man is or isn't a "con man", and lastly, but not least - more times than not - HEARTBREAK!

I am sure there are a lot more differences, but these are just some that come to mind. You don't see the sex tourist going back home worrying about any of these things. The only worry they have is trying to keep up with the current rates;)

Marlie

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
How would you like to pay, madam?

For the last time - sex tourism and sankies are not one and the same.
Hmm, different spelling, yes.... :bunny:
But one without the other would suffer a decline. ;)

...sex tourism is all pay as you go.
Si, one is "al contado", sankification often is "al fia'o"... :laugh:
(Everybody knows which in the end 'sale caro'.)

.... The only worry they have is trying to keep up with the current rates...

... of HIV/AIDS, I suppose.

m'frog

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Ok let me take a crack at this

sex tourism = paying a prostitue for pleasure, no feelings of the heart involved

sankie/sankiette= con man/woman playing on the naive's emotions for long range plans of getting money and or a visa or whatever he/she can get.

the difference between the two is the emotional scares it leaves

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
The Difference is Time...

I thought the difference was that:

Guys start off knowing they're sex tourists (with time, some men get confused and deny who they are.)

but

Women end-up knowing they're sex tourists (with time, they realize the "love" could never last and accept who they are.)

-Helpmann :cheeky:

Last edited:

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Pure semantics .... it's all about SEX, SEX, and more SEX, whatever label is applied, objective's the same (7/24 365 SEX). The clients are satisfied with services provided and wish to retain same provider on a long term contract. Hence, the visa, monthly stipend, phone calls, periodic visits, ... etc. as an enticement to the service provider for continued services. Both parties are aware of the arrangement but, confusion in roles and responsibilities arises when unforeseen chemical imbalance occurs, due primarily to hormonal activity in the receiving party. :bunny:

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
I wonder if Sanky Panky-- The Movie is going to have world wide distribution!!!-- subtitles and all--

I wonder what angle they are taking?? Stupid tourist? Conivving Sankie?

Is it supposed to be a comedy?

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
Not just mutually.
The sankie trade helps the country's economy and that of their families, earns foreign exchange and promotes tourism and lessens crime.

It's a shame that the government of this country does not appreciate the sankies' achievements and pay them a pension once their prime time is over.

m'frog

:ermm: and keep western union in business;)

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
The "Sanky-Panky" movie IS a comedy...very stupid if you ask me...I was able to watch somr 'previews' while in DR last week...

Not worth watching..it would have been more interesting if they had done an factual account...the 'sankie' is fugly!!!! Nothing to look at...MOST women wouldn't be 'sankiefied' by someone like him!!! They would be running the other way!!!

Maybe we should all hope for all 'sankies' to be this fugly...oh, no...wait...we would have a lot of bored members here with nothing to talk about!!! ;)

MQ

juey

Jan 24, 2007
I actually don't think it is how attractive a sankie is that attracts a tourist, it is they are meeting a man different then there own country, i think the difference is that a sex tourist comes gives money and expects sex, the one's that have relationships with the guy, real or false relationships, pay the money because they are listened to

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
It's a Comedy...

The "Sanky-Panky" movie IS a comedy...very stupid if you ask me...I was able to watch somr 'previews' while in DR last week...

Not worth watching..it would have been more interesting if they had done an factual account...the 'sankie' is fugly!!!! Nothing to look at...MOST women wouldn't be 'sankiefied' by someone like him!!! They would be running the other way!!!

Maybe we should all hope for all 'sankies' to be this fugly...oh, no...wait...we would have a lot of bored members here with nothing to talk about!!! ;)

MQ
If the sankie looked like Taye Diggs, the movie wouldn't be funny.

-Helpmann :)

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
... beauty not only lies in the eyes of the beholder but also much lower... :bunny: m'frog
Driven by an innate desire to copulate (aka the hormone factor). Beauty in these relationships is an intangible quality and very subjective .... it's more an experience rather than a physical manifestation. :bunny:

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Ok...maybe you guys are right...maybe I should have just come out and said:

I WOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN SANKIEFIED BY A FUGLY guy like the one in the movie...

It wouldn't have had to look like Taye Diggs...but give me a break...wait till you see the guy in the movie...he is not only FUGLY...but the situations are plain ridiculous...in the movie I mean...some situations in real life are even MORE so...

MQ

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Just askin' a logical question

Ok...maybe you guys are right...maybe I should have just come out and said:
I WOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN SANKIEFIED BY A FUGLY guy like the one in the movie... MQ
So you weren't sankified by a FUGLY sankie but, sankified nevertheless. The logical question that should be asked is, was Tony a sankie? ... remember no more stress or enemies, so no impolite answers. :confused: :)

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
No, I WAS sankiefied...(Sort of...I did the pursuing ;) )...WAY before I met my Tony...HE has NEVER and WOULD NEVER work in a resort or stoop down to that level...as a matter of fact, he wasn't too happy with that story I told him about me and my sankie... :(

MQ

Sep 19, 2005
hey its a full blown COMEDY...not a drama...it is just a vehicle for that guy and his writers to make money on a catchy subject, that happens to be in the news these days....the guy is an idiot comedian...not one that has a funny catchy phrase or joke... he makes laughs being stupid...hasnt anyone seen the comedy show he stars in????

go watch it for fun, or dont be bothered with it at all.....

bob