sankies are seen in a negative light

Dieselravi

Feb 25, 2007
I get the difference my dear. But you can argue sankies are all over not just in the DR, correct? I mean a sankie in the DR have different objectives.e.g visa, flight from the country, etc etc One can argue that there are many sankies out there who get involved in relationships to gain for themselves, whether it's to move up the social ladder, for economic or work related gains, or what have you. People can be selfish and out to gain for themselves at the expense of hurting others in the process

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I get the difference my dear. But you can argue sankies are all over not just in the DR, correct? I mean a sankie in the DR have different objectives.e.g visa, flight from the country, etc etc One can argue that there are many sankies out there who get involved in relationships to gain for themselves, whether it's to move up the social ladder, for economic or work related gains, or what have you. People can be selfish and out to gain for themselves at the expense of hurting others in the process
I'm not sure of the point you want to make, but if it's of any interest to you, sankies are unique to the DR.
It is a name that has origins, coming from "hanky panky".
The locals, hearing this expression rather frequently, when they were working the female tourists, knew it had something to do with them, but couldn't quite pronounce the words, and would say, "sanky panky", which quickly became the nickname for the DR gigolos.
With time and for practical reasons, it got shortened to "sanky/sankies".
Thus, sankies, are unique to the DR.
In other parts of the world, they would be called gigolos.

Now that we've cleared that up, I believe the point of this thread is to do with why sankies are seen in a negative light.
2Leftfeet has answered the question, and I can assure you, it could not have been a more precise answer, but if you would like some further colour, let me put it this way.
A sanky is a lying, cheating, kniving piece of shyte with no morals and ethics.
This is why they are seen in a negative light.
End of story.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Yep--every country has their pride and joy-- I was recently in The Gambia. There they are called Bumsters. They hang out on the beach and sweet talk the older British women. They marry them and get their visas out.

Sankies are con men/women. They know what they are doing. It is planned.

So if a man or women in a particular country knowingly PLANS to gets into a relationship with someone, pretends to care about them --- for the sole reason to use, exploit, take advantage and eventually disgard them after they received the money or visa or whatever they want --then yes you could call them a sankie. -----my understanding.

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
sankies dream girl.........

i posted a couple of times info on sankies and how i worked and had to listen to the girls i worked with complain how their sankie had used all thir money,maxed cr.card,locked them in the house while they went out to spend the chicks money,physically beat them etc,etc etc.
but still they remained with them,so we stopped(banned)as a matter of fact any girlfriend/sankie conversations at work.these girls are just gluttons for punishment.when you dig deep with them you normally find they have BIG lack of real confidence issues or some male from their part of the world broke their heart at some time or another.they felt the victim then and feel right at home playing the victim with some other(worse)jack ass.
theres one born,or getting off the plane every minute!
when are you due in diselravi?;)

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
i posted a couple of times info on sankies and how i worked and had to listen to the girls i worked with complain how their sankie had used all thir money,maxed cr.card,locked them in the house while they went out to spend the chicks money,physically beat them etc,etc etc.
but still they remained with them,so we stopped(banned)as a matter of fact any girlfriend/sankie conversations at work.these girls are just gluttons for punishment.when you dig deep with them you normally find they have BIG lack of real confidence issues or some male from their part of the world broke their heart at some time or another.they felt the victim then and feel right at home playing the victim with some other(worse)jack ass.
theres one born,or getting off the plane every minute!
when are you due in diselravi?;)

Hi Manunut,

Where do you work that girls get sanktified? Don't you live in the DR? So does that mean you are working with the wives of the sankies? Just curious.

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
wives some,mainly "girlfriends",lol...

Hi Manunut,

Where do you work that girls get sanktified? Don't you live in the DR? So does that mean you are working with the wives of the sankies? Just curious.
25 different hotels in every tourist zone in the dr bar west of sto.domg.at 1st the stories shocked me and i had a certain amount of pity(like all my gringo collegues)but after a while you know these ladies just love the "drama".and trying to talk sense into them is like peeing against the wind.
now i have a question for you. why? are/were you just curious.do i smell an "angle"?:smoke: :smoke:

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
25 different hotels in every tourist zone in the dr bar west of sto.domg.at 1st the stories shocked me and i had a certain amount of pity(like all my gringo collegues)but after a while you know these ladies just love the "drama".and trying to talk sense into them is like peeing against the wind.
now i have a question for you. why? are/were you just curious.do i smell an "angle"?:smoke: :smoke:

No I was really curious. No angle. I'm sure you can provide lots of insight on this topic. I was thinking if you worked in the DR, the girls you were talking about were Dominican and wouldn't be victims of sankies, I guess it doesn't matter.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
25 hotels?????????

Now I am curious too, what kind of job places you at 25 different hotels?

Or were you fired from each one? JUST JOKING! ;)

Marlie

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
13 years here...........

25 hotels?????????

Now I am curious too, what kind of job places you at 25 different hotels?

Or were you fired from each one? JUST JOKING! ;)

Marlie
i worked for 4 big AI company's.got fired from 1 then reinstated when the jerk that just dident like my face died of a massive heart attack(guess there was just too much "poison" flowing through that bitter old heart of his).
was head hunted by the other 3.and was moved aroud accordingly to where they needed my training skills most.boring,but as simple as that.

suitelady79

Sep 20, 2006
i worked for 4 big AI company's.got fired from 1 then reinstated when the jerk that just dident like my face died of a massive heart attack(guess there was just too much "poison" flowing through that bitter old heart of his).
was head hunted by the other 3.and was moved aroud accordingly to where they needed my training skills most.boring,but as simple as that.

Sounds like a fun job!