sankies are seen in a negative light

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Bob...what I meant is that they could have made a good movie about the subject...not necessarily a drama, but not a stupid comedy either...

I mean...there are MAJOR comedy factors in the 'sankie' business to start with...they could have made a very good movie without going the 'stupid' route...after all...MOST sankies are NOT stupid!!! Heck, they are pretty damn SMART if you ask me...wouldn't you agree???

MQ

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Touchy Subject for You??

Ok...maybe you guys are right...maybe I should have just come out and said:

I WOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN SANKIEFIED BY A FUGLY guy like the one in the movie...

It wouldn't have had to look like Taye Diggs...but give me a break...wait till you see the guy in the movie...he is not only FUGLY...but the situations are plain ridiculous...in the movie I mean...some situations in real life are even MORE so...

MQ
It's a Dominican comedy!!!!!!!

The last Dominican comedy I saw was about a country-wide gender role-reversal.

BTW: I'm happy to hear that your fiance looks better than the sankie in this movie.

-Helpmann :laugh:

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
You passed!!!! ....

No, I WAS sankiefied...(Sort of...I did the pursuing ;) )...WAY before I met my Tony...HE has NEVER and WOULD NEVER work in a resort or stoop down to that level...as a matter of fact, he wasn't too happy with that story I told him about me and my sankie... :( MQ
Actually it's none of my business but, I was just testing the 'New and Improved' MQ .... the old MQ woulda been less polite. Good luck!!! :)

Sep 19, 2005
Bob.....MOST sankies are NOT stupid!!! Heck, they are pretty damn SMART if you ask me...wouldn't you agree???

MQ

well I only know of sankies from what i read here...I dont think I have ever met one that I knew of... But if i agree to that.....I have this feeling Id be giving a lot of women more credit than they deserve .

Ill give my GF a few more years before I come out and profess, I have never been sanktified....because she has swindled a pig out of me, and she did give her phone number to Jose Lima.....and i did buy her at least 10 pairs of shoes so far...and i did buy something for the family, and i do foot the bill for her dogs vet care......ect ect ect.....

but I will say this:

saying that THEY should have made the movie this way or that way...is like saying that Mel Gibson should have made the Passion Of Christ....DIFFERENT....hey!, he made it the way HE WANTED...just like the people who make Sanky Panky...with that main actor, there is no way they could have made it NOT STUPID

( not that it is related here...but only because i am typing here right now ....)
whats the first AMERICAN thing Tony did once he landed????

you probably are gonna go through lots of FIRSTS these coming months..

bob

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
If he's a real man, drink Bud at an American peeler club and get some American a$$. :bunny:

Hey, watch out...I may be new and improved...but I will kick your ass for saying that!!! ;)

No, actually the first AMERICAN thing he did was this:

A co-worker of mine, a girl, had car trouble...she needed a jump-start...and HE REFUSED to help her when I asked...he said it might mess up the computer in MY car!!!:pirate:

So far he's had a couple of "Killian's Reds" with a big steak and shrimp dinner (the first night) :cheeky:

MQ

JoAnn

Feb 6, 2007
Give a young man respect, information, insight, and a potential future. What has he lost?

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
sankies'ville.........

i wonder where do retired sankies go ?
lots of them go to europe or the states with the original mark,i mean lady.leave her when they get residence and move on to the next BIG SPENDER.
others now own/run their own bars/rests, car rental buisnesses,rent out rooms in the house apart block they convinced "the love of thir life" to invest in before they 1.either got squewed out of the deal or 2. passed away.
like any type of sales job if you put enough work into it and choose your "clients"carefully you can make as much as you need to get what you ultimatley want.
on the other side of the coin there are others who think the sun's going to shine forever.they lose all they have grosed and are burned out junkies or alcoholics.doing tricks for the male of the species to keep their habits fed.
just like female prostitutes,you have the ones who know when to call it a day and they ones who are still out there tricking $10us plough jobs.well thats what a friend of mine told me anyhow:rolleyes:

Dieselravi

Feb 25, 2007
Sankies a result of bad economy??

I don't live in DR, I live in NYC and was planning a trip to DR this year. Yes part of my decision to visit DR is for the beautiful people, secondly to see the country that produced these people ppl. I don't quite see anything wrong with visiting a country because for it's beautiful people. I think Brazil, Italy, Spain and Argentina are a few other countries that people always rant and rave about how beautiful their population are. DR is the same.

I don't know much about life in the DR, but overall the island comes off as highly impoverish. From reading the post it seems like a large majority on the site live in DR. My question is, is the economic situation in DR driving the sex tourism industry? Why are there so many sankies??

If a tourist did not pay for sex while hooking up with a local, would the local still be considered a sankie??? and quite frankly what is the difference between a man paying fa prostitute and a man paying for his wive's dinner??? if you really think about it he's paying for sex in both situations.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
If you haven't read any of the information about sankies -you should before you go!!!

A sankie pretends to like you. Prostititues are up front with what they want. Sankies aren't. They do not present themselves as a prostitute. You do not realize that's what you are doing until you've been taken advantage of.

Youre wife theoretically cares about you and you care about your wife. A prostitute only likes you because you are providing her with cash---no cash no transaction!

The same for a sankie. A sankie will stop dealing with you when the dinero stops!

With prostitutes and sankies it's all about the Benjamins!

Hopefully your relationship with your spouse is not only based on a monetary level! If it's just that.......

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
... quite frankly what is the difference between a man paying fa prostitute and a man paying for his wive's dinner??? if you really think about it he's paying for sex in both situations.
By your logic, all women are hos and all men johns .... 'cause a man has to give something to get some a$$. :confused:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
And what is your philosophy on the matter?

He has no philosopy, his only purpose in replying is to insult and pick on whatever is being posted.:rolleyes:

Find one post where he has helped anyone or provided any real DR related info.:tired:

Dieselravi

Feb 25, 2007
By your logic, all women are hos and all men johns .... 'cause a man has to give something to get some a$$. :confused:

Well if that's how you want to put it---everything in life comes at a price, not always monetary. Some people pay for sex, some ppl have a wife, but have to financially support them , which is just paying for sex in the legal way :)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Well if that's how you want to put it---everything in life comes at a price, not always monetary. Some people pay for sex, some ppl have a wife, but have to financially support them , which is just paying for sex in the legal way :)
It has been perfectly explained by 2LeftFeet.
A sankie pretends to like you. Prostititues are up front with what they want. Sankies aren't. They do not present themselves as a prostitute. You do not realize that's what you are doing until you've been taken advantage of.
One is a contract, in which both parties agree to provide something to the other.
The other one, is an act of deception and subterfuge.
To play with someone's feelings is cruel and unethical.
If that difference, between the prostitute and the sankie is not 100% clear to you now, it will never be, nor will you ever understand anything to do with morals and ethics.