Sanky or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

contasm

May 10, 2005
hmmm...

i'm under the impression he comes from a well-to-do family and is educated (which doesnt necessarily rule out being a sanky) and of course i get the i miss you, i want to be with you, im waiting for you, when can you come back, i want you as my girfriend, and he calls me his mama sotta (forgive the spelling if its wrong)...

The reality is that no self respectable Dominican male from "a well to do family"
will ever think of getting a job as a waiter. It just not happens here.

Educated ?
Did he finish High School, College, Bar tendering School? Please find out and let us know.

Go back to Babalus, El Rancho or Plaza Flaming in Toronto, and find yourself a Sanky with at least $ 5.00 in his pocket.
You have a better chance of meeting a ?better? Dominican guy in Toronto (at least with more money; since you seem very impressed with the fact waiters make a lot of money)

Can2Dom

Sep 19, 2007
contasm - that is not true in the least. i said that waitering is a well to do carreer and there is no harm in that! as far as him being a waiter thats his business not mine.

as for his education i will have to ask - funny though, in MTL where i am from and NOT Toronto, there are many well to do people here that i know who have not even finished high school. education is important but there is alot one can do without an education and still be successful.

And i am not worried about a man's money. i work and do well for myself and i surely dont need a man to support me. NOR do i intend on supporting a DR man sanky or not!

I guess i see the glass half full instead of half empty...but i realize the cup is only half filled!!!! it can go either way...

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Tree Barking

....and in canada would i date a waiter, FOR SURE!!! they make more money than some people will make in their lives.

So, me thinks you are after the money.
Hope you are barking up the right tree in this case... :cheeky:

Janin

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Hi! I'm new to DR1 (as of today) but have spent the past week reading the threads. And yes i am expecting a lot of criticism and backlash for my question...

From what I've seen thus far, sankies have only been classified as hotel/resort workers. Does the term apply to DR men who don't work in resorts?

Im another sucker for a DR man. I met a guy on vacation outside the resort at a restaurant, had a good time, spent the week with him and then went home. i never expected more from the situation nor did i think he did either. since then (almost a month), we've kept in touch, he calls, i call, we talk, getting to know each other blah blah blah. so far he hasn't asked me for a single thing. i'm under the impression he comes from a well-to-do family and is educated (which doesnt necessarily rule out being a sanky) and of course i get the i miss you, i want to be with you, im waiting for you, when can you come back, i want you as my girfriend, and he calls me his mama sotta (forgive the spelling if its wrong)...

He ''seems'' to be genuine but your forum makes me wonder...

And people please, if you're going to insult me for asking a simple question...dont bother replying. Im just wondering if there could be any truth to the matter. dont get me wrong, i am not going to put my life on hold for him or anything of the sort!

mama sotta?? Could it be mamicita

Can2Dom

Sep 19, 2007
Janin - read the whole thread

if you read the whole thread you would see that someone said i would likely not date a waiter in canada. waitering is a respectful position! i am not looking for money i've got enough of my own. and i am not looking for a sanky to support me either. your comments are presumptuious and totally wrong.

once again i repeat...i am not going to support a DR man, nor will a DR man support me.

i wouldnt care if you were garbage man, so long as you made a legitimate living (that doesnt involve conning people) then i take that for what its worth.

and i am not money hungry...in the least!!!

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
....waitering is a well to do carreer
Where? ... I know it's a job most people do until they can do better, but a 'WELL TO DO CAREER', I don't think so.
... funny though, in MTL where i am from and NOT Toronto
Well, not everyone have the ability to make it in TO.
... there are many well to do people here that i know who have not even finished high school. education is important but there is alot one can do without an education and still be successful.
Yep, I agree ... like a career waiter. And without an education, all you need to do is put an 'X' on the dotted line and have your lawyers translate from English to 'whatever dummy language'. :ermm:

Last edited:

Can2Dom

Sep 19, 2007
janin - do u feel good trash talking someone you dont know??? do you know what i look like?? no! so hold out on your stupid comments. they saying goes if you've got nothing nice to say just shut up!!! if thats not enough for you opt for the count to 10 before you speak rule...might get you further.

la mariposa - it is for surely mama sotta!

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Money

.... your comments are presumptuious and totally wrong.

I did not make any assumptions.
But you obviously seem to be impressed by the amount of money waiters make.
That's all right.
Nothing more and nothing less.

Janin

contasm

May 10, 2005
DR <> Canada

contasm - that is not true in the least. i said that waitering is a well to do carreer and there is no harm in that! as far as him being a waiter thats his business not mine.

as for his education i will have to ask - funny though, in MTL where i am from and NOT Toronto, there are many well to do people here that i know who have not even finished high school. education is important but there is alot one can do without an education and still be successful.

And i am not worried about a man's money. i work and do well for myself and i surely dont need a man to support me. NOR do i intend on supporting a DR man sanky or not!

I guess i see the glass half full instead of half empty...but i realize the cup is only half filled!!!! it can go either way...

Can2dom

You are thinking as a Canadian in Canada;

You might know a lot of successful people without HS diploma IN CANADA.
But this is the education equation in DR :
No College Education = High chances of living in borderline poverty.
That?s the way thing are here.

Waitering a well to do career..!!!!
Who are you kidding?.
Have you ever heard a little kid saying ?Mama?when I grow up; I want to be a waiter?

No disrespect to the trade..but very few people in North America enter this occupation with the objective of making a career out of it, probably as a necessity?perhaps in Europe; where serving as a butler is considered a ?career? ..but not in USA/Canada or DR.

Allow me to correct your statement;

Education is important but there is NOT a lot one can do without an education and still be successful IN DR

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Shut Up?

janin - do u feel good trash talking someone you dont know??? do you know what i look like?? no! so hold out on your stupid comments.

Why do you get the impression that I am trashing you?
Please cite.
(Suppose I am not used to be told to shut up by someone who is obviously ignorant about so much.)

Furthermore how would you know whether my comment about 'mamasote' was stupid, if you don't know the meaning of that word?

BTW, I've just asked my reference dictionary, my wife, and she said that 'mamasote' need not necessarily mean a mama big in size... it could refer to her beauty, charme, almost whatever... :paranoid:

Janin

Can2Dom

Sep 19, 2007
thats what i thought...

maybe next time you shoudl check your info before you post!!!

if you surf the DR1 you will find threads on the meanings of words such as this one.

all in all we have strayed far from the original message which was discuss whether he could possibly be an exception to the rule or another sanky....

based on everything he seems borderline both in my opinion.

i am not swayed one way or another. alot of the signs you guys suggest looking for are NOT there and he has yet to do anything to make me doubtful.

i will keep my eyes open and be wary of the entire situation, but as i stated at the beginning...its a new friendship.

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Fruitless Search

maybe next time you shoudl check your info before you post!!!
if you surf the DR1 you will find threads on the meanings of words such as this one.
Well, so obviously YOUR search has not come up with an explanation of the word 'mamasote', thus you asked.
Now you're telling me.... :tired:

Janin

contasm

May 10, 2005
all in all we have strayed far from the original message which was discuss whether he could possibly be an exception to the rule or another sanky....

I guess he could be an exception to the rule; but chances are (I would say 95 %) that he is not. Sorry.

Now, you mentioned that you are ?another sucker for a DR man?. Why not meet a DR man, legally residing in Montreal or Toronto; where you have the opportunity to do a well documented research on him?

Just trying to help.

Paz y Amor
Contasm

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Case Number 279/2007

.... alot of the signs you guys suggest looking for are NOT there and he has yet to do anything to make me doubtful.

That's good.
We've heard your story.
No questions remain unanswered, I reckon.

Next please.

Janin

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
It is highly unlikely yours is the exception to the rule.

1. Well to do families - their kids don't work as waiters.

2. Good family - their kids DO NOT date tourists. They have flings with tourists while in a hotel for 2 days as a GUEST.

3. The definition of sankies is not limited to hotel workers. It is anyone with access to tourists! That would include your waiter boy....

Yours is sankie - enjoy it for what it was and is. Don't try to make it what it is not and unless you want to spend all your money, energy and emotions on a con man, walk away now. Period....

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
^^^^^^MAGIC WORDS^^^^^^.

Poor soul, she is up for a VERY rude awakening!!.

Ok, NOW I am outta here!!.

Please be gentle with her UNTIL I get back, whahahaha!!.

Whats the hurry to find gainful employment when you receive regular $$$ transfers!;)

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Hormone Guided

Chances are, if you have to ask, or have even the slightest suspicion, he is a sanky.
Planner puts it well.

Well, we are talking about probabilities.
So, whatever likelihood there is that an 'awesome' animator or waiter, etc. is a sankie, nevertheless the victims almost always cling to the small remaining percentage that he might not be.

Hormones against reason... :tired:
But isn't this the way it should be???

Janin

Status
Not open for further replies.