Sanky or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can2Dom

Sep 19, 2007
And for all the other thread readers, my question is still out there...

what are the red flags to look out for when he comes off as non-sanky-like??
and does/can a MEANINGFUL FRIENDSHIP exist between a DR man and a Canadian girl?

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
First of all, you dont fall in love in one week.

When you live in DR and you are doing well there, usually forerigners are not something you are looking for. People that live and want to live well in DR believe in an old saying from a song: No tener un pie aqui y el otro aya (dont have one foot here and the other somewhere else).

If he is not after papers or getting you to support him, he will handle the week you both spent together as what it was: a long one-night stand. He will do what we suggest you do: Leave it where you found it. If you get the opportunity to do it again, then enjoy it and again, forget it as soon as you step on the plane.

Of course, there are exceptions to the rule. However, I couldnt imagine anything long-lasting really happening with a stranger from another country that I have no references other than what comes out of his mouth (that goes for the two of you!)

Think about it, if he is willing to settle down with a woman he doesnt know from adam - you could be running from the law, a whore from another wrold that carries all sorts of diseases, or just a crazy person that escaped the loony bin!! What does that say about HIS judgement and how he handles his life decisions??

The questions can be transposed, so: Is this what you want for yourself?

Can2Dom

Sep 19, 2007
Tall Drink - your answer is by far one of the best to date!!!
You makes some awesome points!!!
and you are very right on alot of levels...
which makes me wonder....if hes not after papers than whats the deal??
who wants to invest in a cross continental friendship with a girl that there is no future with only a chance encounter somewhere down the line (MAYBE) and even then who knows...

now...besides him being a sanky or not...im starting to wonder...what does he want then??!! lol

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
... does/can a MEANINGFUL FRIENDSHIP exist between a DR man and a Canadian girl?
Stop asking silly questions!!! Why don't you read and comprehend info (gb posted) here on sankies, your favourite topic? and when you're done, you can also take a peek at 'normal' Dominicans, but most likely that won't interest you.

I know for a fact that there're lots of beautiful women in Montreal, perchance, are you in that category? or not and that's the reason for going to the DR for a sankie mate? .... just askin'.

Can2Dom

Sep 19, 2007
Shad: Yes mtl is full of beautiful women, Canada`s best!!! Looks are not my problem nor is my figure!

I didnt go to the DR to find a sanky mate nor i am intending on making him one.

I wanted to see what information i would get from people on here, but i keep getting the same info over and over like a broken record.

I dont think my friend is a sanky to date but i leave the door open to possibility. either or i wont be his victim or his free ride to freedom. and i wouldnt have to be. he has family living in TO.

based on the red flags mentionned, i cant fly any.

and shad, i dont think you are in any position to tell me what would interest me or not. and rest assured it isnt a sanky!

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Shad: Yes mtl is full of beautiful women, Canada`s best!!!
I disagree, TO has the monopoly in Canada. ;)
...and shad, i dont think you are in any position to tell me what would interest me or not. and rest assured it isnt a sanky!
Well, sankies don't have a tattoo on their foreheads, but indicators are their MO and where they live and work. There're gb of info on sankies and 'normal' Dominicans, use the search function and read, read, read.

Can2Dom

Sep 19, 2007
Lol!!! if you think so!!! I bet any survey would prove otherwise!

ok...situation:
-lives in Puerto Plata
-worked at a resto in Playa Dorada as a waiter

MO?

honeybunch

Aug 1, 2007
can2dom

listen, you will not get many positive responses on here! trust me......read my threads and you will see how mean people can be. what i suggest if you want positive feedback, PM those with positive stories, or those who have posted advice to you without bashing you. Trust me you will get better results that way!

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Just because you dont GET what you want back from the posters here doesnt mean everybody is being mean. Grow up. You post a question, you get answers.

Honeybunch, you have been trying to talk yourself into believing your own truth for awhile. it will take more than that to convince the world about something you cant even convince yourself about!

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Windbag

... There're gb of info on sankies and 'normal' Dominicans, use the search function and read, read, read.

The OP does not seem to be able to think about the informaton she can access.
She keeps on brabbling and asking questions which have already been answered.
About other questions she will find out with time. :cheeky:

But the hormones and a certain stubborness have her blethering and gabbling.
Well, we have had this before...

Janin

Can2Dom

Sep 19, 2007
Tamborista - thanks for that clarification!

MO - unknown!!! thats what im here for!!!!

Honey - well aware!!! ive read so many including your thread!!! do what you feel is right! but like they say keep an eye out for red flags!!!

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
-Yes mtl is full of beautiful women, Canada`s best!!! Looks are not my problem nor is my figure!

A) No, its' your obviously deluded state of mind.

-I didnt go to the DR to find a sanky mate nor i am intending on making him one.

A) So why are you writing about this? Why have you gone on and on about someone who right now is doing with another tourist what he was doing with YOU?

It is obvious that you cannot stop thinking about him. You think hes' thiking about YOU right now?

-I wanted to see what information i would get from people on here, but i keep getting the same info over and over like a broken record.

A) A broken record that you obviously won't learn from, even though we keep playing the same tune.

-I dont think my friend is a sanky to date but i leave the door open to possibility. either or i wont be his victim or his free ride to freedom. and i wouldnt have to be. he has family living in TO.

A) You slept with him, you are NOT his friend. Once you cross that threshold there is no going back.

-and shad, i dont think you are in any position to tell me what would interest me or not. and rest assured it isnt a sanky![/QUOTE]

A) For someone who is not interested in a sanky, you sure seem extremely preoccupied with his "friendship".

Don't take this the wrong way but the broken record is YOU. We've heard this story a million times and will hear it a million more. You behaved like many do while on vacation in the DR. And I'm not going to ask you what you look like because it doesn't matter. Beauty cannot be equated with someones' level of self-respect and dignity.

You are just another gringa notch in his belt. If you want to make more of this than what it was, a week-long fling, do so at your own peril. You have been told ad nauseum.

You want this guy to be your friend and you feel he is a good contact to have in the DR, well we are telling you that he is not. But you need re-assurance and even when you hear the truth you come at us like in a debate.

Go enjoy your sanky sausage and make him the best friend you've ever had. You will be like all the others-you will date a sanky, he will hurt you and then you will come back crying telling us that you will never date another dominican man as long as you live, because in your ignorance you will not be able to tell the difference between sanky scum and a real dominican gentleman.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Lo siento.....

would you like a bone??!!
You mean the salty "bone" you threw your Sankie the first day you met him?.

Tempting....But, no thanks.

Besides, even if I had my yearly job physical a few weks ago, I don't want to go get tested for STD's (or AIDS) again!!.

Btw: ConDom and Hornybunch:

2 DILUSIONAL (ANNNND DYSFUNCTIONAL) people believing their own crap!!.

They WILL never get it!.

Froggy:

She is asking the same questions, over and over, because she wants to hear ONLY what she wants to hear. Anything else goes over her head!!.

WOOOOFFFF WOOOFFFF!!!.

Last edited:

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
The Blind

Honey ...do what you feel is right! but like they say keep an eye out for red flags!!!

How can two blind women see a red flag?
You keep on leading each other into 'awesome' relationships!

That's good.

Janin

Can2Dom

Sep 19, 2007
Head in the sand....

Janin,

If she feels strongly enough about her situation than no one can/should tell her what to do. All you people who wrote have said your part and thats where your involvement ends. Even if honey gets hurt in the end, she can still come back and share her experience and say ''hey guess what dr1 you were right.'' but until then stop attacking and try being supportive.

And if i wasn't clear enough, what happened in the DR is what it is. i see what i am doing as being a friend. so stop making more of MY situation than what it is.
i cant speak for him because i dont know what his MO is, which is what brought me here. Thanks for you negativity anyway!!

Status
Not open for further replies.